• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice Needed Please.

I completely agree with what you are saying with regards to bullying Beth, I have really had to bite my tongue, some of the things I have read have made me so angry, I knew if I posted at the time, I would end up with a infraction. So I pm'd Beth with a bit of support, I really dont know who the hell people think they are with regards to being nasty to Beth, obviously she is trying her best and people need to remember she is 14 years old, If anyone spoke to me like that I would go mad, I really do feel for Beth people are supposed to be helpful, but alot of people are just being nasty because they think it's ok. It's no more than bullying. Anyway back to the main post, Beth I know you are trying your best and it is really hard, but I know you are thinking of your animals and that is the main thing, good luck with everything hun:D .
Sallyx

Thanks :D I was really dreading opening this thread this morning :oops: :lol: It really annoys me too because its adults picking on a child :? I havent really said anything but from pming Beth I have no idea how she even manages to come back on here, if people made these nasty comments on almost any thread I started I would be off :lol:

Beth, i think you need to hav a serious think...

first of all, why are you rehoming? do you not have the time?

I know you've said money isn't an issue, so thats good...

Im not going to comment on the issue of why you left the forum, its not my place to. But all i can say, is don't ever worry about what people say...

xxx

Beth, i think you need to hav a serious think...

first of all, why are you rehoming? do you not have the time?

I know you've said money isn't an issue, so thats good...

Im not going to comment on the issue of why you left the forum, its not my place to. But all i can say, is don't ever worry about what people say...

xxx

I think she is thinking about rehoming because of things that have been said to her on here :(

thats why she needs to think about it and not worry what people say.

after all this is the internet and people hide behind thier identities on here...

x

Beth, please give yourself time to grieve for your lost buns. I lost a bun to VHD many years ago, i had one of the first cases of it in pet rabbits in the country. I didnt get a pm done, but trotted off to the pet shop to buy a replacement to stick with the dead buns partner. the other bun then died and only then did i get a pm done. i had to isolate the new bun, disinfect everything, take the new bun to the vets etc. fortunately she did survive. but i felt so guilty about not knowing about vhd or having the others vaccinated that i nearly rehomed that bun. i didnt because my mum wouldnt let me. and now i have a whole herd :lol: we all make decisions and do things that are right at that time. none of my buns are vhd vaccinated, because i choose not to, they are myxi because there was a recent outbreak, if there is a vhd outbreak then i guess i will do that too. sometimes things get in the way. please do not feel intimidated by people who have posted on here. people make choices about their lifestyles and their pets. you shouldnt feel you have to justify yourself or the decisions you make, and certainly not rehome your pets because of what faceless people on a forum say. could you try talking to your parents about how much this has upset you? see if they can appreciate how much your pets mean?
Good luck with whatever you decide, there are a lot of people on here who have seen how you have grown and matured, you take excellent care of your pets,
x Jess

Just dont do something you will come to regret later.

I have had to return one of my previous dogs to the rescue we got her from before. Its a long long story and both parties (us and the rescue) were at fault but we struggled on for too long and it made life miserable for all concerned.

However, not a day goes by when I dont wonder where she is or how she is or if she is even still alive. Rehoming a much loved pet is a horrible ordeal to go through and one you only ever learn to live with....it never goes away.

If you're sure you want to rehome some of them, perhaps it would be better to rehome two of the rabbits as a bonded pair, or as two singles to be bonded with the new owners existing rabbits, as if you keep Holly then she'll will be on her own always and if she's used to company then she will be lonely. You could get Holly and Magic spayed and try them as a trio, but it's not guaranteed to work.
You could try RR and RIN for the rabbits, and theguineapigforum and guinea pig rehome for the pigs.

Do what you feel is right given the circumstances- don't be a martyr and keep them through guilt, but equally don't give them away because of what other people have said.

It is a very difficult decision to make. I miss Audrey very much, but she is so happy in her new home with her friend. I am going to visit her after christmas.

Last edited:
ok.
I don't know what to do :? I've made up a plan thing to try this week to see if I can work out a way they get everything they need. I'll see how it works out and then decide from there.
No one needs to worry about me getting more pets, I can't even begin to think about it, not when I already have so many! I know I have reached my limit!
I tried Holly with Asbeau but she hated him and was very scared of him and she doesn't like Blue or Magic either because she doesn't want to go near them (they share a run that has a mesh divider)
Has anybody ever found that after their rabbit lost it's partner it didn't like other rabbits?
I really don't want to re-home any of my pets, I love them all so much :(

Has anybody ever found that after their rabbit lost it's partner it didn't like other rabbits?
(

Yes, I have known some bereaved Buns who dont want to know another Rabbit for months after losing a partner :cry: Then there are some who accept another Bun almost straight away. Just like with humans there is no 'right way' for a Rabbit to grieve, it is very much an individual process.
I would leave any attempts at bonding until after Christmas/New Year.
Hopefully by then you will have established a workable routine and budget.
Then you can look at the situation again.

Janex :)

Beth, i have always listened to your posts and tried to help, and quite frankly i, like sillyrabbit (becky) hated the way sum people were talking to you.

There are some people on here, grown women i may add, who state openly that they do not vaccinate their pets. Do THEY get partonized and victomised? no. only the 'children' do. THATS what makes me angry. one rule for one, another for the others.

Beth..personaly, i would make sure all you vaccs are now up to date, in the new year get the remaining bunnies spayed, then maybe try and make holly and asbeau a pair. then you will have 2 pairs.

I think you are a girl who wants the best for her pets, but is confused because of lack of parental support, so you come here for advice, and then people jump on your back. and that not fair.

We all make mistakes. it doesnt man you shouldnt have pets. xxx

Thankyou Jane, I'll try bonding Holly and Asbeau in the new year, hopefully they will get on XxX

Thanks MissySJ, I am hopefully spaying them in the new year, after losing two bunnies in a short space of time I didn't want to put anybunny under any more stress. Then I'll see about bonding them.

Thankyou Jane, I'll try bonding Holly and Asbeau in the new year, hopefully they will get on XxX

Thanks MissySJ, I am hopefully spaying them in the new year, after losing two bunnies in a short space of time I didn't want to put anybunny under any more stress. Then I'll see about bonding them.

Good that it is all sorted - hope you are back on the forum to stay now??:)

Beth, iThere are some people on here, grown women i may add, who state openly that they do not vaccinate their pets. Do THEY get partonized and victomised? no. only the 'children' do. THATS what makes me angry. one rule for one, another for the others.

I agree!, in fact only last week there was a thread started daring people to admit to not being upto date with their buns vaccinations:?

really? That would be wonderful! I need to speak to my mum first.
Thankyou so much :) I was going to wait until after christmas anyway, I need to spay her first.

Back