• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A+P Natural Rabbit Pellets and the Oldie Bunsters

My Sooty is nearly 8yrs old and is on the original SS.

She is in fantastic condition, although a little "cuddly" :D

I'm another supporter of the SS Mature - we've already bought our second bag! My two are 6 years old and have previously tried in order (and all enjoyed); muesli (back in the day :lol:), Excel, original SS, Oxbow, original SS again. They did try the A and P but it didn't go down as well as the rest. And now they really do love the mature. Its smells really good too - better than the original - more herby!

I also agree with whoever said earlier that if the price was the same it'd be great for all age buns as the fibre content is much better. We haven't had any squishy poo issues since having the mature - and they had done previously hence the many changes in pellets. I'm thinking I may buy some original and mature and mix it to save a little bit of money and for them to have different flavours!!!

I paid around £5.99 for the 2kg bag in my local shop.

They did try the A and P but it didn't go down as well as the rest. And now they really do love the mature. Its smells really good too - better than the original - more herby!

I though I'd be the only one who actually thought it smelt nice and tasty! :lol:

Alvin got his shine back when i moved from A&P to SS.. now the vet has commented that pearl is a bit chunky ill be trying the SS mature too.. i think its timothy rather than alfalfa based isnt it :? or i might move onto the oxbow stuff..... decisions decisions :?:?

Alvin got his shine back when i moved from A&P to SS.. now the vet has commented that pearl is a bit chunky ill be trying the SS mature too.. i think its timothy rather than alfalfa based isnt it :? or i might move onto the oxbow stuff..... decisions decisions :?:?

Its a shame the manufacturers dont offer free samples so you can try different ones to see if they like it before committing.

I have a mixed bag with mine, Ron at 8 years old does very well on A&P NRP but Eva at 4 is not doing so well this winter, although she has been diagnosed with arthritis so has lost some condition with that (now being treated and coming back). Again Pan at 6 has lost weight over winter this year but her partner Arthur at 4 hasn't. the rest of mine seem to be fine on it. Would switching over to the A&P breeder pellets do the older thinner buns good?

I have a mixed bag with mine, Ron at 8 years old does very well on A&P NRP but Eva at 4 is not doing so well this winter, although she has been diagnosed with arthritis so has lost some condition with that (now being treated and coming back). Again Pan at 6 has lost weight over winter this year but her partner Arthur at 4 hasn't. the rest of mine seem to be fine on it. Would switching over to the A&P breeder pellets do the older thinner buns good?
The A&P Breeder/Grower pellets may well help. As I mentioned in a post before, I have all my bunnies on it (for about the last 2 years), they are from 2 to 10 years old, from lionheads to giants and all are in excellent condition, not overweight, not too skinny, nice coats, good energy levels, healthy appetite, very healthy overall!

Vera

Cheers Vera, i will see if my supplier can order me a couple of bags, i have a feeling they may well stock it anyway.

I just bought loads of them and enough extra stuff to get free delivery :lol: including some more xeno 450 and some cat food.

Last edited:
I think VetUK is £15 or more for free delivery - I usually spend more than that anyway :roll:

I have just emailed Supreme to ask a little more detail on the mature pellets and see if they are thinking of bringing out a 10kg sack and what the expected RRP would be on it.

I was thinking of changing my lot over to A&P because of the fibre. However Arnie isn't great at maintaining his weight so it doesn't sound as if that's a great idea. SS mature may be a better option if they do bring out the 10kg sacks.

Will let you know if I get a response :wave:

free delivery

I have just checked and its £39 for free delivery on food items at vetuk
you can veiw the costing on there web site under shipping.

I have just emailed Supreme to ask a little more detail on the mature pellets and see if they are thinking of bringing out a 10kg sack and what the expected RRP would be on it.

There was a Supreme rep at the RWA conference yesterday, Lou asked him about 10kg sacks and he said it will happen, its just because it's a new product and settling into the market it'll take a little while before they become available. He didn't give an RRP but he did tell me it's a bit more expensive than the standard one because it contains canadian timothy which obviously has to be imported so it pushes the price up.

He also told me that they've just overtaken Excel in sales for the first time - which I think is pretty impressive seeings most vets surgeries and PAH don't stock SS!

Back