• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A New Home For Eddison =( U/D NEVER! U/D What do I say?

I'm so sorry it didn't work out.:( Good thing you checked.:thumb: I hope you find a lovely home for Eddison.

The woman that I met with has been sending me e-mails asking after Eddison, and I don't know what to say. It's clear that she means the best for her bunnies, and bunnies in general, but I don't know how to give constructive criticism

"Hi Sara,
So I take it that you don't want Eddison at my house, which is okay, I know you're just being a good mom. But Chelsea, the girl that you met that night, she said that she is willing to take him. She has a female Holland lop at home that would just love a boyfriend. Please let me know if you would be willing to consider this and I will pass on the info.
Also, would you mind telling me why you don't think Eddison would fit in here? I will use your words to make better our bunny situation. I am always looking for ways to improve for the sake of the bunnies.
Thank you very much,
Raven"

There was a girl Chelsea there that was meeting this woman for the first time also. She just wanted to come over and help with the bunnies as a kind of volunteer. She talked very passionately about her holland lop at home, and she seemed very nice. This is something I would want to look into for Eddison.

How do I go about this? :?

Can't you just say you would be more interested in Eddison being with someone who has less animals and more time for him, therefore you'd be interested in speaking with the other person.

But written a little better than what i've put :? :lol:

I would thank her for time and letting you visit. Then say you've thought about it and say that Edison is used to having more space (quote size) and gets hyper/stressed when you temporarily shut him in a smaller area so you don't think he would settle in her accommodation. If you want to say more in the hope she takes it in the expound of why you think space is important. That you know you're being very fussy about where he goes but you know as a fellow rabbit lover she'll understand. Say if she could put you in touch with the helper that would be great.

Tam

I would thank her for time and letting you visit. Then say you've thought about it and say that Edison is used to having more space (quote size) and gets hyper/stressed when you temporarily shut him in a smaller area so you don't think he would settle in her accommodation. If you want to say more in the hope she takes it in the expound of why you think space is important. That you know you're being very fussy about where he goes but you know as a fellow rabbit lover she'll understand. Say if she could put you in touch with the helper that would be great.

Tam

This sounds really nice. I think I would also mention the dogs, because barking dogs scare the **** out of poor Eddison. I'll start drafting something up, because I would always add a potential "RU'er" than a now disgruntled, possible animal hoarder who is less willing to listen than ever.

Thanks Tamsin!

(Also, I should've listened to you in the first place about not bringing Eddison the first time, but noooo. I have to be stupid and naive. :roll:)

Can't you just say you would be more interested in Eddison being with someone who has less animals and more time for him, therefore you'd be interested in speaking with the other person.

But written a little better than what i've put :? :lol:

I think that makes a lot of sense. I'll try and focus on Eddison specifically, and not try and talk like I know what's best for all rabbits in general.

And with my "tactfulness" in writing things, I don't know if I'll be able to word it much better than that! :lol:

Back