• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Little Help With Naughty Bunnies

katie240181

Young Bun
My Bunnies are 12 weeks old and have been pretty good until this last week one of them has started digging and biting at my carpet she has already pulled 4 big threads in it, we just can't stop her from doing it, my husband is not happy with them and refused to let them out again (they live in a big area) anyway i managed to let them out today and they had been out not even 5 minutes and she pulled another large thread in the carpet by biting and pulling at it, and that was it my husband sent them straight back to their home and now he says he wants them gone because she is being so naughty and never used to do it, he says they are ruining everything and that they have to go, but they are babies and will do naughty things :) is there anything i can try to do to stop them doing it, they are MY babies and i will not get rid of them but i really need them to stop this behaviour because hubby is sooooo mad with them

any advise would be great please

Oh dear! My Lolly is like that too, she digs everything :roll:
I have given her a washing up bowl as a litter tray which she likes to dig in and doesn't make a mess as its so deep, she also has her own blankets and a mini tent that she likes to dig, she is fairly good with the furniture and carpet now!

Have you tried giving her a cardboard box with paper and stuff in to dig?

sorry but welcome to the world of rabbits! Giving them distractions will help a little as will covering up their favourite digging spot with some rush matting. You can train them a little to stop using the command "no" and stamping your foot loudly sometimes helps too. If it's any help they do grow out of it......usually after 3 years.

yes i have :) they have a lot of things boxes with paper and hay, there litter tray is huge and deep, they have 3 blankets i even put door mats in certain places but she won't dig on thse as soon as i put a mat somewhere she decides to go and chew somewhere else, i can't possibly cover the whole floor, do you think she will grow out of it, my husband isn't even speaking to me now as he is soooo mad with them and as they are mine it is al my fault :roll::roll::lol:

sorry but welcome to the world of rabbits! Giving them distractions will help a little as will covering up their favourite digging spot with some rush matting. You can train them a little to stop using the command "no" and stamping your foot loudly sometimes helps too. If it's any help they do grow out of it......usually after 3 years.

i have kept rabbits before my last rabbit we have for 5 years same breed yet he was so good he never marked any of my furniture, didn't dig or anythin, all he did was chew through one lamp cable in all his 5 years, so this has come as a bit of a shock, they don't understand the word no and i could scream and shout and stamp they just ignore it, we have tried it, they just look at us as if to say, hahaha what on earth are you doing you mad woman :lol::lol::lol:

Im having a similar problem at the mo.Had housebuns for 16years and never had this trouble.Whats worse,Barley,who we've had for almost 3years is copying Dill and has chewed a hole in the rug.Cant believe my little angel[well almost]has now turned into the rabbit from hell!:(Am really not happy.

Back