• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

As mentioned earlier Dilly does react badly to his injections and boosters - this year is no exception and today he was rushed to the vets again. He is now in for 48 on a drip and has been diagnosed with a flair up of his EC compounded with liver and kidney failure. I am heartbroken.
They have emailed me the results of the blood test and they are so high compared to the normal ranges.

As he is so poorly we have chosen to leave Susan with us, but wtih the option that she can join him at the vets if needed.

I'm so sorry Dilly is so poorly & hope they can stabilise him at the vets. Rudeys results are triple top of the range - its scary. I'm here if you want to talk. Loads of vibes xx

As mentioned earlier Dilly does react badly to his injections and boosters - this year is no exception and today he was rushed to the vets again. He is now in for 48 on a drip and has been diagnosed with a flair up of his EC compounded with liver and kidney failure. I am heartbroken.
They have emailed me the results of the blood test and they are so high compared to the normal ranges.

As he is so poorly we have chosen to leave Susan with us, but wtih the option that she can join him at the vets if needed.

Oh no, I am really sorry :cry: I hope he can pull through xx

Oh my heart sank reading that, I’m so sorry he is so ill again. I’m crossing everything that he will improve xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dilly :( :( sending lots of vibes for your special boy and I have everything crossed he will recover quickly xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I am sorry to read that Dilly is poorly again. Sending him billions of vibes and hope that the quick intervention and the infusuion from the drip stabalises Dilly. xx

Oh Dilly :( I've been out and have only just seen this. Poor boy, I really hope that he will improve at the vets. Sending you lots of hugs too.

Vets have rung, Dilly has eaten his breakfast - without help but still has the canula in situ. They are continuing him on the meds and will ring this afternoon.

Susan is very lost.

Vets have rung, Dilly has eaten his breakfast - without help but still has the canula in situ. They are continuing him on the meds and will ring this afternoon.

Susan is very lost.
Oh I'm so sorry Dilly is unwell :( glad he's eaten his breakfast without help though, seems very positive x

Sending him a million vibes xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm glad he are breakfast. I can see his results - just want to acknowledge- not that I know anything much about them. I hope with your next vet call you'll hear he had elevesees then lunch. Poor Susan :( Why worry about one bun when you can worry about two eh

Dillon is feeding himself and so the canula has been removed. They are re-running the bloods tonight with a view that if the kidneys are flushed he can come home - the thinking being he will settle better at home.

Susan is very lost so if he is not coming home then she is going up there tomorrow morning. My daughter is taking one or the other to vets or home as I am back on shift tomorrow. I do hope he comes home, I am sure he will settle better here where he can have his quarter toast for breakfast and sploof in front of the fire.

I am really pleased dilly is now free from the canula and it is sounding much more positive
Susan clearly holds dilly in her heart and soul and having been thro similar recently with Henry and Lillian, I know exactly how you feel and how Susan must be feeling.
Fingers crossed dilly comes home tomorrow and is reunited with every bun, especially Susan.

Topping up the vibes for Dilly boy. I really hope he is able to come home to Susan tomorrow.

Oh bless, he is doing everything he can. I don't expect he is enjoying being treated like a rabbit. I hope he is home to toast & Susan real soon xx

Back