• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few days away (now with added photos)

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Were having 3 days away in North yorkshire - near oswaldkirk. We had a walk after tea just round the landowners field and discovered its got quite a large contingent of wild bunnies - loads of small kits were out enjoying the evening sunshine. It was quite lovely to see. A few of them were very brave and allowed us to get quite close to their burrows- we of course stayed well away and did not disturb their environment. Have to say the views are quite stunning.
Flo and bertie are getting plenty of attention from our bunny sitter.

Last edited:
Oooo sounds lovely!

I keep seeing rabbit droppings everywhere but no bunnies yet, Michael and Freddie saw a rabbit yesterday tho, I really hope I see one before we leave [emoji7]

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Enjoy! I hope the British weather is being kind to you.

We saw a bunny at Coombe Abbey recently. The little guy was just camped outside our hotel window in the evening & was still there in the morning. Not a great photo as I had to zoom in across the moat. [emoji38]
aaf751fd3f5fafa73946bfdbee4a1661.jpg

I really hope you enjoy your break Craig. I can imagine the countryside is stunning there.

I'll post some photos when we get back tomorrow. Flo and bertie have been given 5* treatment by our bunny carer and bertie has been playing in the rain again.
The weather in north yorkshire has been kind. We went to see a white horse carved into a hillside yesterday which was a nice walk. We saw some red kites. Today we hit Scarborough which was busier than I've seen since I was a kid. We met Alex and his gf for tea in knarborough and I had the world's biggest calzone pizza. Omg it was huge - Jan couldn't manage all hers so I ended up eating half of that too. I feel a bit full now.
Drive back to suffolk tomorrow and may stop for a few hours on route at york.

I remember watching a video somewhere on youtube where somebody had let there domesticated rabbit run loose where there were wild bunnies and it chased a humped one of the wild bunnies and I have always wondered what kinda kits that wild bunny would have. Although its not recommended to let a domesticated rabbit loose to run about as there are predators about plus a domesticated rabbit mating with a wild rabbit is not recommended as they are built differently so the kits might not have the same abilities as the wild rabbit would when it comes to escaping danger from predators.

I'll post some photos when we get back tomorrow. Flo and bertie have been given 5* treatment by our bunny carer and bertie has been playing in the rain again.
The weather in north yorkshire has been kind. We went to see a white horse carved into a hillside yesterday which was a nice walk. We saw some red kites. Today we hit Scarborough which was busier than I've seen since I was a kid. We met Alex and his gf for tea in knarborough and I had the world's biggest calzone pizza. Omg it was huge - Jan couldn't manage all hers so I ended up eating half of that too. I feel a bit full now.
Drive back to suffolk tomorrow and may stop for a few hours on route at york.
It sounds like you've been having a lovely time. I'm glad the weather's been nice, and that Flo and Bertie have been enjoying their 5* treatment. Bertie playing in the rain sounds really cute. :love:

Isn't the white horse on the hill the one we see on The Yorkshire Vet?

Sounds like you've had a lovely and well deserved rest. I envy you. I don't think I've had a true vacation since the kids were born and they're 33 and 31 now.

I bet some bunnies will be so happy to see you! :love: Safe travels for your return. :)

Sounds great, although I am biased tho as it's close to where I live! The White Horse near Thirsk is amazing , yes the one in the Yorkshire Vet, has amazing views that go on for miles.

I've added a few photos from the trip.
The first is at Kilburn - where the white horse is cut out of the hillside. Unfortunately we couldn't seem to get a good photo of it but we had a walk round the area and this was a view from the top overlooking North Yorkshire (and yes we took the plastic bottle away with us)
L0AS6nz.jpg
[/IMG]

Second photo is slightly to the left:
3Pd5Ado.jpg
[/IMG]

Third photo is Jan on a walk round the field next to our accommodation
MHjSidZ.jpg
[/IMG]

Forth photo is Kilburn again - this ones for Jane as the North Yorkshire gliding club has it's HQ there and they take off over your head as you walk round the field
xChtFG4.jpg
[/IMG]

Fifth photo - I'm likely to get some stick for. We went out for a pizza with Alex (our son) and his GF Zoe to Knaresborough - which is beautiful. We went to a restaurant there called the two brothers who are renowned for their calzone pizzas which come with a warning due to their size. Jan could only manage half of hers so I had to take one for the team and finish mine and half of hers. Luckily I was hungry but not after I'd eaten all that. I would add that they are the most amazing pizzas I've ever eaten.
PoZ5Q0X.jpg
[/IMG].

And finally one of Flo from yesterday. I caught her in the garden with Bertie practising her singing......
4sYtapp.jpg
[/IMG]

Craig x

Stunning scenery Craig, I've never been there, but would love to. Those pizzas :shock: think one would last me a week :lol: Flo looks in full voice there but Bertie doesn't look impressed :lol:

Wow, what a beautiful place! :love: And those calzones! My parents had a pizzeria when I was a kid, but I've never seen ones that huge! No wonder you weren't hungry anymore after eating your own and half of Jan's! And, aww, Flo singing Bertie a song. :love: I agree with Pets mum that he doesn't look very impressed. :lol:

Looks as though you had reasonable weather :D
That Pizza :shock: How did you manage to move after eating one and a half :shock::lol:

Back