• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

48hrs into Bonding....I'm a jibbering wreck ! U/D .day 4...pics too.. day 8

Wow - amazing! Really enjoyed reading this and looking at the photos. Their new place is amazing!!! I feel bad that I haven't provided anything the same for my boys.

Please can I ask - do you think I will ever be able to bond my two bucks? One is 4 and the other 2.5 years old. Both neutered. I tried a couple of years ago, started off okay but then they started on each other. The youngest kept humping the eldests head and in the end the older one had enough and tried to bite him (but luckily I put my hand in the way - ouch). We tried on neutral territory too.

We gave up trying as it was really stressful, horrible to watch and we didn't want to risk injuries.

Do we try again? They see each other every day as they live outside next to each other, they have free run of the garden so see each other that way. Some times the will have a go at each other through the bars so have to put stuff in the way :(

You think it's best we give up? I hate it as we got the second one so the eldest had a companion so find it really sad.

I wish that there was a centre near by to take them too but there isn't.

Well done with your bonding though and I hope you don't mind me asking on your thread.

Hi :wave: Thank you for your kind comments. I'm by no means an expert on this and I think everyones situation is different. I think Doe/Buck mix is the easier of the bonds from what I've read on here.

Must admit though bonding is not for the faint hearted. McVitie was persistently head humping Misty and I was terrified she would bite his bits!

If you have the room maybe bond a wifey for each of your bucks if you have the space for two set ups and then bond into a quad? That maybe one solution.

I would get in touch with the nearest rescue and see if they have some wifey buns for you to trial.

Many thanks. Yeah I would love to get them both a wifey but really couldn't afford to care for two more buns. Our vet bills are huge as it is.

Don't know of any rescue places near me so maybe I'll post something on here to see if anyone can help.

The head humping went on each time and then the last time we tried the older one obviously had enough and went for him - could have ended in tears.

Thanks for your help x

Back