• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 years on and I think I am finally understanding Estelle.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
As title says.

Yesterday, dear sweet Estelle did something she has never done before. When offering her a bunny biscuit out of the bunny biscuit box, she bit the box and emptied the contents all over the floor. I was so astounded by such unusual behaviour by her, my voice went up a pitch and must have sounded rather harsh.

Poor Estelle's reaction was not what I was expecting. She was cowering had a very frightened look on her face.

Considering I don't know any of her background before being rescued, this leads me to think that she was badly/cruelly treated. Estelle obviously does still associate raised voices with fear/danger.

What a memory! I've never ever shown any of my animals anything other than respect, care and love.

Needless to say I immediately comforted and re-assured her that eveything was okay.

Bless her heart.

I always knew she was a very 'deep' bunny, but I absolutely adore and love her.....whatever and however she is.:love::love::love:

she's lucky to have you. i'm sorry she had a bad start but she's safe now. and has been for some years...:)

Bless her indeed. Although it is not pleasant to think of our precious bunnies as having been ill-treated, it sounds as if you have made a breakthrough in understanding her.

Estelle was a stray, if I remember rightly? Who knows what she may have experienced....

I am quite lucky, in that I know Spenser was well cared-for before he came to me.

Poor Estelle, it's horrible to think something has had such a bad impact on their lives it can stay with them for so many years.

At least she's in a loving family now :) xx

Just out of interest, I posted a question asking how long rabbit's memories were as mine won't stop trying to get behind the TV ever since they realised they could pull the cardboard away a few weeks ago! I was under the impression that they only had very short memories, but obviously from reading about Estelle this is not the case. I had no idea they could remember this far back.

xx

Back