• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 does?

BunnymadBunny

Young Bun
I have two female rabbits that I want to bond and theres this person who has another female bunny they want to give away. They don't want it anymore.
Can I bond three rabbits together? I really want to give this girl a nice home, but i dont want 3 lonley rabbits.

Please help.
Thanks

Before you even think of bonding make sure all 3 are spayed.Bonding [or attempting to bond]unspayed bunnies is a ticking time bomb.Once spayed it can be done but it depends on the bunnies involved and may not be the easiest bond to achieve.

yes they will all be sprayed and vaccinated. The new one will be in my room until its vacinnated.
All I want to know is can this be done? I have never bonded rabbits before and I don't want three lonley rabbits.
Bluebell is very cuddley, but grouchy in her cage. My other Hazelnut was mistreated and bites me. But im hoping when she is done it will stop.
This rabbit needs my help but im thinking it easier to go to a rescue centre to find males for my two females.
I could really do with some advise.
Thanks

If you've never bonded before a trio of does may not be the way to start.Is there a rescue near to you that you could ask for help in exchange for a donation?

I dont think there are many rabbit rescues in my area. I live in hastings, east sussex.

Are you suggesting I give the doe a home and then ask a rescue to bond them for me?

Thanks

I think if you give her a home then you should be aware that you may end up with 3 single buns :(,not a definite but a possibility,or else 2 may bond and you'd have a couple and a single

Thanks. I think based on that, I won't take her. Its hard decision. but three rabbits alone is not a great thing. I think you will agree!
Im going to concentrate on my two bunnies and see if I can bond them.
I don't want to end up with loads of lonley rabbits.
Trouble is there are so many cute bunnies that are unwanted. Im sad I can't have her but im sure someone else will.
I just hate the idea of rabbits alone in small hutch at the bottom of the garden, but I guess not everyone is like that.

Firstly I'd make sure that you have adequate accomodation.
Any bond is possible.
Kris (Starlight'sRabbitRescue) has a group of 6 girls!

I have an outhouse just for my rabbits, its brick built and about 6ft long.
They have big hutches in the "shed" and I have an empty hutch.

If they bonded I would get a big custom hutch built within the "shed".
Don't worry I always give my animals as much room as I can.

If I end up with this animal can anyone on here help me bond. I don't mind donating to a rescue. I like to support any small animal charites.

If I can take her and bond them I would want to.

I think because you've never bonded before then getting a rescue to do it is the way to go [I wouldnt like to try a trio of girls as a first ever bond,but saying that they might be fine].Maybe if a trio doesnt work you could add some boys?;) [I know how difficult it is to say no to a bun you could give a better life to]

I can't actually believe how many unwanted rabbits there are! These pet shops make me so mad!
I haven't taken her in yet, but she still needs a home and she is so pretty.
I have contacted starlights rescue and they will bond for me with a donation.
So Im really contemplating it!
Only scary thing is all of them need spraying and it scares me. Im so worried about it.
Bluebell was too overweight when I got her and now she has lost a lot of the weight, so she has to be checked by the vet this week and then she is going in for the op.
The vet even told me its not worth getting it done with the risks of cancer over the risk of the operation.
If that girlie bun is still there after the weekend im going to have to take her. Although three operations is very scary.
Thanks fee

Back