• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

These sound great :D I'm looking for good hay too. Anyone got any links? I need enough for 13 rabbits :wave:

I feed mine cheap meadow hay at the mo. £1.50 a bag, just bought £21 worth today and carried it home. :lol:

I feed Burns Oat Hay daily, just a handful each and mine are OK, granted there is sometimes a day or two where I forget :oops: but I thought it was alright to feed daily in smaller amounts. I've also fed the Oat Wheat and Barley but they seemed to favour the Burns Oat although they aren't impressed with this latest lot as it's very much bits which I've put in a bowl in fact and great long stalks no green leafy strands which they love.

I was buying the meadow hay until recently when I had a batch that was brown & dried & dusty a bit like Pets at home hay and the buns weren't impressed at all and in fact I ended up using one maxi size in the outside aviary on the floor and still have one on the shelf to do the same, they won't eat it. I've been buying bagged Natures Best meadow hay locally as it's nice and green and fresh smelling and I can see what I'm buying.

Maybe I'll give Pure Pastures a go again then if it's improved, is it nice and green & fresh again now?

Its probably a mix-up in my head! :lol:

I just thought it was either Green Oat Hay or plain Oat Hay that you were meant to limit for some reason.

But very likely that I am wrong! :oops:

Its probably a mix-up in my head! :lol:

I just thought it was either Green Oat Hay or plain Oat Hay that you were meant to limit for some reason.

But very likely that I am wrong! :oops:

:lol: I know the feeling ! I thought the Burns Oat Hay was actually the Green Oat/Plain Oat hay, the only thing I thought to watch is that it is a bit fattening ? Not sure if that's true or not but mine are alright with handful daily each I think.:wave:

Back