• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

12 year old and Babies

scatter

Alpha Buck
Hi - I’ve got a 12 year old female rabbit who has a base hutch and basically has free run of the living room.

I now have two 3 month old females also who are currently living in the kitchen (with a base hutch and cordoned off area).

My question is - do I let them see each other through cage bars. I’m just worried because I don’t want to do anything to upset my elderly bun.

😊

Once the girls hit puberty they are more likely to fight if they see another Rabbit wandering about. It is called referred aggression. Things may be OK at first, but when they get to about 16 + weeks things can go pear shaped. If the girls fight before you get them spayed the chances of you getting them back together again are minimal I don’t think their presence would upset your old boy, but he may upset them.

Personally I would keep them well separated and would be more concerned about the babies rather than the older Bunny as she could attack them or behave aggressively through any bars there are. I have older females which are spayed and they are still feisty with other Rabbits.

Back