• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

10 of my babies have now died

Phil, I am so sad for you. Stay strong and take comfort that you have done all you could. I truly know how it feels, don't punish yourself.

Big hugs for you and your bunnies.
Sasha

Phil it has upset me reading all this. It is not fair that someone who cares for their bunnies as you do has to go through this. I have tears rolling down my face now as I cant even begin to imagine what you are going through :cry: . You are lucky to have lots of very good friends on the forum to support you through this difficult time. I really hope you dont loose any more of your bunnies as I know they are very precious to you. All fingers and paws are crossed here for you.

Cheryl

Im sorry if i made things worse :(
I know your pain right now must be unbearable.
The thing is i tend to live with my foot in my mouth, and i could not be dishonest about my feelings.

However, regardless of my feelings, i still feel incredible sympathy for you, your going through a rough time i would not wish upon anyone.

I dearly hope the rest of your bunnies are ok.

Im sorry if i made things worse, that was probably the last thing you wanted to hear.
Thank you for not going mad at me though, i really didnt mean to be persoanlly horrid towards you, i was just genereally upset. I would have said the exact same to my best made had she been in your situation.

I will be thinking f you and your rabbits. *hugs*

Shazza please don't feel bad i am not one for dishonesty either and no one could maje me feel worse than i do.

Unfortunalty at 7pm Duff went to the bridge XXX I just can not take any more, I love you Duff and i will miss you XXX
Duff.jpg

Phill can't you get the other buns far away from each other and do a massive disinfect of all cages?? Then try and get them to the vet like tomorrow for a check and hopefully jabs.

They had there jabs on Thursday last week XX All the runs have been disinfected and no one is going in to the same run without disinfecting and changing clothes. Everything is pretty much quarentined

Oh nooooooo Phill :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: big hugs to you x x x

Binky free Duff with all your friends in bunny heaven x x x x

Phill was the vet hopeful when he vaccinated them on thursday? Did he/she give a time scale that would let you know when your bunnies were safe?

Oh Phill, what can I say? :( :( I'm so sorry for what you are going through right now :(

What a lovely boy Duff was :(

~ Binky free little man ~

(((Hugs))) for you Phill :( xxx

Oh Phill not another beautiful bunny gone to Rainbow bridge.. :cry: ..words cannot begin to say how upset we all are for you, and knowing how much your babies mean to you, I think you are being amazing brave in the dreadful circumstances.

We are here for you whenever you need us, but we cannot promise not to cry along with you, we feel and empathise completely with your losses.

All our love and hugs...XXXX

I really hope the jabs for the others work, Phill. I just worry that the incubation period may already be taking place on the others, I so hope its not too late. :cry:

The incubation period is 3 days but it takes 5 days for the body to preduce enough antibodies to the virus

Oh Phil Im so sorry. Was just catching up on your last pages there and just saw that Duff had gone as well as Poppet and Gus. I dont know how you're bearing up with it all. Im sure having everyone else to look after is helping to get you through it but I hope the next two days go by as quickly as poss for you and everyone else is okay. Really dont know what to say to you - take care of yourself too,

My dear Phill...my heart is breaking for you. I have just read every post here and am devastated for you. I know how much love and care you give your babies and I also know the support you get from all the caring members on this forum. We all feel so much for you

Big big hugs for you Phill

hugs_hg_wht.gif

Love from

Back