• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

£250 budget - Ryedale or Happyhutch?

Hmm depends, if you're going to really look after the hutch, clean the rabbits out a lot and try weatherproof it I'd go for the not as good quality but larger hutch

ETA: Actually I think you can get a 6x2 hutch with 6x4 run for about £160 on happyhutch and an extension to make it 8x6 for about £80, if you can I'd definitely go for the hutch with run rather than the double :)

Hmm depends, if you're going to really look after the hutch, clean the rabbits out a lot and try weatherproof it I'd go for the not as good quality but larger hutch

ETA: Actually I think you can get a 6x2 hutch with 6x4 run for about £160 on happyhutch and an extension to make it 8x6 for about £80, if you can I'd definitely go for the hutch with run rather than the double :)

Thanks for the advice, forgot to mention I have 2 rabbits who both get on together really well. Don't really need a run as they have the run of our big, enclosed garden every day (apart from when the weather is awful!). Want a good sized hutch though with me having 2.

For quality I would say Ryedale hands down. But for size happy hutch I suppose. A good lick of garden paint should help with it lasting through the weather (animal safe of course :) )

Go for a run if you can. My rabbit gets full run of the garden apart from when the weather is bad too. But then I feel horrible because she could be stuck in there for days if the weather doesn't pick up. I wish I had bought a hutch run combo since it would be so much easier, cheaper and you can weather proof the run so they can run around even in horrible wind and rain. Just a thought :thumb:

Edit: for 2 average sized rabbits a 6x2 hutch with an attached 6x4 run (bigger if you can) will do the job nicely as far as I know :thumb:

I'd go with the Ryedale one. From people on here, they seem much better quality, and I found HH's customer service really poor.

Happy Hutch with the run :)

I got my Happy Hutch delivered yesterday and I LOVE it! Am going to paint it in cuprinol paint to make it all loverly!

Tbh, I've found Happy Hutch's customer service to be fantastic. They sent me the dispatch e-mail a day early by mistake and when I e-mailed the owner, Graham, he picked the hutch up himself and delivered it straight to me. Today, when I rang him as I thought the hutch doors weren't right, he was really helpful and was even going to come today and bring me new doors! He didn't have to though, as it my mistake and the hutch is fine!

I'd honestly go for the hutch and run combo though, having a garden is great but having the run there for run time unsupervised and for bad weather is fab :D

Ryedale all the way. I was really close to getting a happy hutch, then saw one and wasn't impressed with the build quality and saw comments about their customer services being poor. So went for a Ryedale and have no regrets.

me too for the shed

you can store hay, pellets and straw on shelves without impacting on rabbit space

if you need more space you can build upper levels

of course a shed comes into its own during bad weather, when buns and you are both protected

Where do you live as I know someone who makes hutches to order, very good quality and cheaper than any online but they are based in Leeds. PM me if you want the details :D

I spent £170 on a happy hutch and I had to do many alterations to it e.g the roof was level so collected all the rain water, the middle had no support and being such a large hutch started to bow in the middle, latches were poor, doors don't sit properly! oh and when it was delivered it was badly damaged ; it says not to accept delivery of damaged goods but my neighbour signed for it as i was out ( not agreed to do this!) when I contacted them to let them know by email I had no responce! I have since seen much better hutches at better quality and price! e.g Custom hutches and runs ...I found them on FB x

Back