• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

£15 RHD2 Vax in Essex! #29

That's all incredibly sad BC. That you've had to put up with all of this sh*t. I am so sorry :(

No-one has ever questioned any of my decisions regarding my rabbits. How I have allowed them to live, and to die.

A sentient being is just that, with feelings and emotions. No different to a cat or dog.

I have no words for people who think of animals as disposable.

Those rabbits who are looked after by people signed up to RU are lucky indeed.
They must sadly be in the minority :(

thank you, I am sorry for derailing your thread, I went on a bit of a long soap box moment there :lol: :oops: it wasn't my intention, I guess I just wanted to share my experience into my thoughts and views. I realise what I said was quite depressing.

I don't understand how people can view some animals as disposable and others not. usually its the hamsters, fish, rabbits, piggies, rats etc that are considered a waste of money to take to a vet. my parents still think the rats in pet shops are the ones you find outside. they're too stubborn in their ways.

I think the only hope there is is that the next generation will slowly shape & change. often the comments I have received are from the older generation, who were raised during a time where keeping a rabbit in a 3ft hutch was acceptable, and they are still living in those times. of course, not every older person is like that that's not what I am trying to say. but it seems some people get stuck behind the times. we can only hope and keep pushing for animal welfare, and for the next generation to be brought up on what is right, and not what is wrong.

back when my dad grew up, you flushed fish down the toilet, some even of the smaller furries met that fate too...you threw them out into the wild to be "dealt with". when my sister had a rabbit at 7 years old, she is now 30, it lived in a tiny 3ft hutch in the garage. it never saw the light of day. it ate garbage food and had no exercise. then we didn't know any different, it was considered acceptable. and some still view that as acceptable - they do not change, grow. you hear "it was okay then, why not now?" - because we learn more.

very very off topic but the same with tobacco. we all believed that was safe and how wrong we turned out to be.. things change and new evidence is presented.

on a slightly less depressing note, I often joke about how pet bunnies wouldn't survive a moment if left to their own defences. we all know they'd do something stupid :lol:

thank you, I am sorry for derailing your thread, I went on a bit of a long soap box moment there [emoji38] :oops: it wasn't my intention, I guess I just wanted to share my experience into my thoughts and views. I realise what I said was quite depressing.

I don't understand how people can view some animals as disposable and others not. usually its the hamsters, fish, rabbits, piggies, rats etc that are considered a waste of money to take to a vet. my parents still think the rats in pet shops are the ones you find outside. they're too stubborn in their ways.

I think the only hope there is is that the next generation will slowly shape & change. often the comments I have received are from the older generation, who were raised during a time where keeping a rabbit in a 3ft hutch was acceptable, and they are still living in those times. of course, not every older person is like that that's not what I am trying to say. but it seems some people get stuck behind the times. we can only hope and keep pushing for animal welfare, and for the next generation to be brought up on what is right, and not what is wrong.

back when my dad grew up, you flushed fish down the toilet, some even of the smaller furries met that fate too...you threw them out into the wild to be "dealt with". when my sister had a rabbit at 7 years old, she is now 30, it lived in a tiny 3ft hutch in the garage. it never saw the light of day. it ate garbage food and had no exercise. then we didn't know any different, it was considered acceptable. and some still view that as acceptable - they do not change, grow. you hear "it was okay then, why not now?" - because we learn more.

very very off topic but the same with tobacco. we all believed that was safe and how wrong we turned out to be.. things change and new evidence is presented.

on a slightly less depressing note, I often joke about how pet bunnies wouldn't survive a moment if left to their own defences. we all know they'd do something stupid [emoji38]
Totally get where you're coming from.

My grandad bred buns for food - so the care mine get doesn't really register to him [emoji38] altho he'd never question it [emoji14]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

thank you, I am sorry for derailing your thread, I went on a bit of a long soap box moment there :lol: :oops: it wasn't my intention, I guess I just wanted to share my experience into my thoughts and views. I realise what I said was quite depressing.

on a slightly less depressing note, I often joke about how pet bunnies wouldn't survive a moment if left to their own defences. we all know they'd do something stupid :lol:

You didn't derail my thread as what you said was very important. And it's pertinent to the issue of paying for vaccinations to keep animals healthy. It's tragic the viewpoint some people have.

The idea that 'we did it like that then so it's OK now' is bizarre :shock: We accepted slavery so should we go back to treating people like that now? There's all sorts of animal cruelty that ought to be phased out as being totally inappropriate, even if it seemed 'normal' at the time.

Vaccinations are expensive (at most vets) and lots of people will see them as not worth the money. Not vaccinating for some other reason - health or whatever is not what I'm talking about here.

RHD2 seems to be taking on epidemic proportions, and a push of effort to get people to enable their rabbits to stay healthy would have to come from somewhere. The RWAF does what it can, but it can only achieve so much.

I don't know what the answer is.

Someone came onto UK Rabbits saying their Vets were doing vaccinations free of charge as they were in such a high risk area. I don't know which area it was as she didn't say.

Totally get where you're coming from.

My grandad bred buns for food - so the care mine get doesn't really register to him [emoji38] altho he'd never question it [emoji14]

At least he respects you enough to keep quiet if his views don't accord with yours :)

At least he respects you enough to keep quiet if his views don't accord with yours :)
Yea he's from a different time, and realises that. He's loves animals, just I guess people do what they have to, to survive sometimes. He loves my rabbits though, he met the new two the other day and was giving them forage from his garden :)

Someone came onto UK Rabbits saying their Vets were doing vaccinations free of charge as they were in such a high risk area. I don't know which area it was as she didn't say.

That would be really interesting to know.
Is there any way of finding out where tonibun?

Yea he's from a different time, and realises that. He's loves animals, just I guess people do what they have to, to survive sometimes. He loves my rabbits though, he met the new two the other day and was giving them forage from his garden :)

How lovely :)

From Black Notley Vet Surgery Facebook Page

Black Notley Vets

ALERT - SUSPECTED VHD2 CASE THIS MORNING. We are reducing our VHD2 vaccine price to £15 to help all rabbit owners to get their rabbits vaccinated ASAP. Please call us 01376 328038 and book your rabbit in.

A reply from the same source:

"One of mine died of this on Monday in Great Notley, remaining one had the vaccine the same day and is okay at the moment in quarantine in the dining room, please vaccinate as he was fine at 10pm and passed away at 8am x"

From Black Notley Vet Surgery Facebook Page

Black Notley Vets

ALERT - SUSPECTED VHD2 CASE THIS MORNING. We are reducing our VHD2 vaccine price to £15 to help all rabbit owners to get their rabbits vaccinated ASAP. Please call us 01376 328038 and book your rabbit in.

A reply from the same source:

"One of mine died of this on Monday in Great Notley, remaining one had the vaccine the same day and is okay at the moment in quarantine in the dining room, please vaccinate as he was fine at 10pm and passed away at 8am x"
Blimey, that's a very good price

I know!

If mine weren't already done, it might almost be worth a visit :)
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Black Notley is proper Essex though, not sure how long it'd take for me to get there, already takes me half an hour to get to William in Brentwood [emoji38]

My next RHD2 vacs are December for the velvets I think.. It's like a few days before Xmas or something stupid haha. Have to check :)

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Black Notley is proper Essex though, not sure how long it'd take for me to get there, already takes me half an hour to get to William in Brentwood [emoji38]

My next RHD2 vacs are December for the velvets I think.. It's like a few days before Xmas or something stupid haha. Have to check :)

What a lovely combined name for them :love:

£15 is good. It's £26 at my Vets and £35 for the combined one.

I can't afford my normal vet's prices, though I would prefer to go there.
Having multiple Rescues means I have to shop around ...

I think £26 is a good price. £15 is magic :)

Back