• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Finding time....

Hi everyone, I was just sitting here feeling completely worn out from the day. I'm so tired in fact that I left Olive in her room and she is now rattling the baby gate cause she wants to come out and run around. Which got me thinking. I work (almost full time), have a 3 year old daughter, a...
  2. S

Picking up new baby, need advice

OK. so I am going to go pick up my new baby boy on Sunday. I plan to bond him with Olive. I plan to keep them in pens right next to each other, but because he is still too young to be neutered is it ok to let them have run time together? Olive was spayed 3 weeks ago.He is 7 weeks old, so I am...
  3. S

I'm going to do it!

:D:D:D Well, I casually mentioned that I thought my Flemish Giant Olive was feeling lonely and that maybe instead of trying the threesome now we should get her a friend. At first my boyfriend laughed it off and then I said would'nt you be sad if you were lonely and had no one to cuddle...
  4. S

Oh's and rabbits

my boyfriend is very supportive. He tries to act like he's not that into them, but the first thing he does when any one comes over is take them in to see our Flemish Giant, Olive. When we got Olive he said no more. But now we are talking about getting a friend for Olive.
  5. S

Picking up bunny poo!

I think it's so funny and great that you have started this thread. I also just pick them up (yes when my dog doesn't get to them first...yuck yuck yuck) but everytime I do it I think " God I hope no one is seeing this" You should all read Amy Sedairis's book she talks a lot about her rabbit...
  6. S

when do you throw in the towel?

Thanks for the advice.. Separate neutral areas is a great idea. We are working on building an outdoor run for warm weather, maybe once it's done I can try again out there. I have also been thinking that maybe I could talk my o/h into getting a fourth and then try bonding:rolleyes: If it...
  7. S

when do you throw in the towel?

:roll: Hi all, I could really use some help here. I was hoping to bong my single girl flemish giant Olive (Just neutered) to my bonded pair Gus and Helen(male/female neutered). They have been living in seperate rooms, but before I got Olive spayed somehow the 2 girls got out and got into a huge...
  8. S

indoor vs. out

wow, thanks for all the replies. It sounds like its pretty 50/50 I know that I could never keep my buns outside year round....I hate the winter and going outside to feed and hang out with them would make me crazy...but I am a little envious of those of you who can. Right now I'm working on the...
  9. S

indoor vs. out

:wave:Well just as the title says, I'm looking to see how many of you keep your buns outside(all year long) and how many of you have indoor (house) rabbits? Here in the States it seems that lots of people are against keeping rabbits outside, but I so enjoy seeing pictures of all of your rabbits...
  10. S

Want to know what you all think of this indoor house bunny home...

I just ordered the Leith Petwerks condo for 2 of my buns. I had made several attempts at building one using the NIC cubes and they never seem sturdy enough and (to me) don't look very nice. My buns live in the mud-room which is generally the door people use to come into the house, so I want it...
  11. S

Bonding my four...

ooooo... I'm thinking of doing the same.:D I was thinking of taking them all for a car ride on some bumpy dirt roads and then bringing them back and putting them directly into neutral territory. Do you have a game plan worked out yet?
  12. S

Flemish

Thabks for all the replies. I was under the impression that since she is a baby she should be getting pretty much unlimited pellets. Which is why I give her so much. Is 3/4 of a cup enough for a growing baby? She seems to be recovering quite nicely from the spay. It's been hard to keep her...
  13. S

Initial bonding signs for the Trio not good.

I'm in a similar situation. I had hoped to bond my three after the newbie was spayed, but somehow the 2 girls (that are in separate rooms of the house) both got out on day while I was gone. The older spayed girl beat the unspayed girl up pretty bad. And now I'm afraid to reintroduce them!:cry:
  14. S

Flemish

Hi all, I have a few questions about flemish giants. My little girl is 5 months old. At this time I am givin her a huge handfull of greens every morning, about 2.5 cups of pellets and unlimited hay (plus one or two treats) She generally eats all of the greens during the day and finishes off the...
  15. S

Bunny Fight Help/ UD went to the vet today.

I agree, charlie82, even the vet tech. said that she had no idea rabbits could do such damage to one another. When I bonded my first pair, there was a little chasing and fur flying, but nothing big. So I never expected this. I suspect that since my Flemish has not yet been spayed that made...
  16. S

update Well I took her to the vet today, she cleaned her up really well, she needed a few stitches too. I was getting worried cause she didn't eat her breakfast and when the vet checked her out we discovered that in the fight she had also chipped a tooth. So she is on some pain meds...
  17. S

:cry:I am beside myself. Somehow my 2 females, that are kept in seperate rooms both got out today. I was onlye gone for about 2 hours and when I got home there was fur everywhere. Most of the fur belongs to my lop so I found her first and checked her out and she is fine. So I went looking for my...
  18. S

What veg do you feed your buns?

Every morning mine get a salad with a mix of some of the following... Parsley, Cilantro, Romaine Lettuce, Mint, Dill, Escarole, Kale, Celery, Carrot, Red Leaf Lettuce, .....I'm sure I'm forgetting something. They also get a small amount of pellets. Then loads of hay. Everynight they get a Papaya...
  19. S

Stinky Poo

Thanks for the replies, She has been eating Rabbit Chow (which is what I give all my buns) I started her out slow with the veg about a handfull of cilantro in the morning and maybe a little mint before bed. She hasn't been eating a lot of hay so I bought some new stuff just for her and a couple...
  20. S

Stinky Poo

My Flemish Giant girl has been living with me for about 3 weeks now. She is almost 4 months old. In the past week her poop has been getting stinkier and stinkier. I'm sure this could be for a number of reasons. Change in enviroment, new foods, and possibly her age and that she is not yet spayed...
Back