• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. H

Rabbit with erratic heart rate

Shamrock, one of our older rabbits, about 6-7 years old, has been losing weight, while still having a large tummy. The vet checked him over yesterday and I thought we were going to lose him. He was getting his teeth checked and he started to breathe very heavily. When we put him back in his run...
  2. H

Advice for Katie.

Our 10 year old rabbit has arthritis and she has been on metacam and cartrophen injections. She’s been doing Ok, it’s mainly her right hind leg that is the issue. Since last week end it’s been a lot worse and I’m now considering a trolley for her. Her companion, Eccles is very protective of her...
  3. H

Neurological issues.

We have a 4 year old Nethie who had a head tilt a month or so ago, so we started her on panacur and antibiotics. She seemed to recover but then developed a lip sided look, the vet diagnosed Horner' syndrome or similar facial nerve damage. She seemed to get more wobbly on Monday and has lost...
  4. H

Marble.

Marble is our newest addition rabbit, she's only about 10 months old and already has pasturella and dental issues. We took her after her owner's decided they couldn't cope with 2 dental rabbits- yes, they got 2 female rabbits from a pet shop and both had dental issues and pasturella. Marble is...
  5. H

Pigs and pumpkins!

Gigi- Scarlet- Janet-
  6. H

Basil and Godfrey.

It looks like Basil and Godfrey are bonded, it didn't take much, I think because Basil missed having a friend and Godfrey was desperate to get one. There was a couple of days break in bonding because Basil had to get a dental on Tuesday, so they went back together today and we have 2 buddies who...
  7. H

Meet Godfrey.

Meet Godfrey. He was called Flopsy but we've had a few Flopsy's so asked if we could change his name. Godfrey was well loved, but not vaccinated or neutered ( and it's sad that word is still not getting out), however his owners wanted him to have company and have donated towards his care. He...
  8. H

The halfpenny pack- part 3

Jasper is a 6 year old GSH pointer, he was literally seconds from being PTS when I said we would take him, when he was 2. He has been a blood donor twice and saved 2 dogs lives. Lady is 15 and we think a smooth coat collie. She came when her owner had to Rehome her. Her owner was an...
  9. H

Halfpenny Pack- part 2

Rosty is 15 now, he's a collie cross cairn terrier and came here 2 years ago. He's slowing a bit now and has terrible ears, now deaf due to untreated issues but he's a happy wee lad. Willow is Bruno's full sister, so 14 years old but pretty fit although she had a 'stroke' a few months ago...
  10. H

FAO Tulsi and any other dog lovers- part 1

Bruno, who is really struggling with arthritis, but his face still lights up when he sees a toy. He was actually booked to be PTS 2 weeks ago, but I just couldn't do it because he is still happy and bright, it's just his old legs are done! Lottie, a 5 year old springer spaniel, who was taken...
  11. H

Sorrell has kidney failure.

Sorrell is 10 and I'd noticed she was losing weight and she was very wet. I put her in for tests last week and she is in advanced kidney failure- creatinine was off the scale, urea and BUN highly raised. She is now on daily sub cut fluids, benazacare and has had anabolic steroids and vit B...
  12. H

Attempting an oldie quartet!

I've decided to try and bond Runt, Sorrell, Noodle and Kev, who range in age from 9 to 11. I'm slow bonding so it could take a while, and I think Sorrell may be the biggest problem, but we'll give it a go. Runt is the Orange Dutch, Sorrell is the agout, Kev is the chinchilla lionhead and Noodle...
  13. H

Goodbye Ester the sheep.

We lost Ester today, she was a teenage sheep, we'd had her from 2009, so for 6 years. She was old and stiff and full of spirit. She was going to be pts because her previous owners didn't want to pay for the compulsive blue tongue vaccine that had been enforced that year ( the only year it was...
  14. H

Goodbye Betsy.

It's another sad day at Halfpenny, because we had Betsy Boo put to sleep, she was 9. Betsy came here aged 5 when her owner went to uni, she was a bit of a feisty madam but very cute. We had her neutered and then bonded her with Runt. Runt didn't have much say in the relationship, Betsy decided...
  15. H

Dumped bunnies!

It looks like we have had the first bunnies dumped on us, although it appears the people couldn't find us ( we are very out of the way!) so they just left them on a nearby road, it can't have been coincidence as the situation is quite specific. Luckily someone else found them, although she is...
  16. H

Some bonus Photos.

Sonya and Quaffle, both of whom had to come inside due to the cold and mud. Sonya is a broiler hen, a year old now so has lived 9-10 months longer than most of her type. She was struggling with the mud due to her size. Quaffle is our old drake who has arthritis and he too, was struggling with...
  17. H

After saying no more....

We have taken in 2 more rabbits, although I may look at rehoming them, my big issue is that it's so hard to trust people after being let down so often. Anyway, I was called by the social work about a lady with serious issues who had 2 male rabbits, seperated in a 2 tier hutch, I've been told...
  18. H

Josy has an ulcer in her eye.- she's passed away.

Josy is a nethie we took in a few months ago, she was part of a large rescue. Fairly beloved took the rest to Rehome but we kept Josy because she had cystits and the vet suspected mastitis, she was also a bit feisty. A few weeks ago we put her in to be spayed and have the mammary lump removed, I...
  19. H

Lord Snooty!

This is Lord Snooty, a Burmese we took in a few months ago. He is a stunning boy and I caught this image yesterday morning while having a coffee in bed. I think it's one of my favourite pictures! I've fiddled with it to make it a bit fancy.:D [/URL]
  20. H

Basic question.

A basic question I know, but as I've never bred or dealt with the issue I just want to make sure ! At what age can rabbits start to breed?
Back