• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Wasp Nest

Hi, we have recently moved our rabbits outside. They are in a shed and this morning I noticed that a wasp nest has started to appear, obviously I am worried that the rabbits could get stung. I have only seen 1 wasp go in there. Does anyone know a way of preventing wasp being attracted to the...
  2. S

Moving house rabbits out doors

I think my OH has finally had enough with having the rabbits in the house, and to be honest I can't really blame him, they are very distructive and cause a lot of mess. Anyway, I was thinking about getting a new shed and having them outside and I just have a few questions 1. What do people use...
  3. S

I'm sure this has been discussed before but.........

Why is it that when you tell someone (who doesn't have rabbits) that yours has been ill and your having to do 'x' to treat it that they say 'get it put in a pie or the pot'? I find this 1. very upsetting and 2. rude. People wouldn't dream of saying something like that if it was a dog or cat, so...
  4. S

Recently brought an Angora rabbit

Hi I've just got an Angora rabbit. Just looking for some advice as to how to care for, she is going to be a house rabbit, what is best to use in the litter tray, how often will she need grooming and any other advice would be greatly appriciated. I already have a New Zealand White and a dutch...
  5. S

Best combination?

I currently have two rabbits male and female, if I was to introduce a third what would it be best to get a male or female?
  6. S

Looking for new vets (Sheffield)

Over the weekend I have had a bit of trouble with our current vets and they are across the other side of Sheffield. Anybody know of any good vets in the S13 area? Many thanks Sarah
  7. S

Just got rabbit back from the vets

On friday she wasn't eating, so I took her to the vets and she had burrs (don't know how it is spelt) on her teeth, so they kept her in and did a dental. I have just got her home, She is a very nervous bunny and hadn't eaten anything at the vets so they sent her home hoping she would eating...
  8. S

Advice needed!! Rabbit not eating - Update

This morning I noticed that our female rabbit isn't eating. I even tried to tempt her with her fav Green Beans. Should I take her straight to the vets or am I over-reacting?
  9. S

Question for people with house rabbits - UPDATE

Can anyone recommend a type of stairgate to stop them getting up stairs? Needs to be thin bars as would worry that they may get stuck. They currently have free run of the house, but would like them to stop getting up stairs, so that we don't get scratching at the door during the night!! :lol::lol:
  10. S

Help! Think we have a pregnant bunny!!

We got a female bunny companion for a male bunny. We had him done and then waited about 6 weeks before introducing them. We noticed the other day that she was pulling out lots of hair, and again last night, I then put some more hay out and noticed that she has been collecting it and was putting...
  11. S

Yet another bonding question

We got our new girl on Saturday morning to bond with our male rabbit, after reading all the threads on here we decided to go for the put them in a neutral territory. We have done this and after the expected behaviour, our male rabbit laid down next to her and tried to snuggle in. However she is...
  12. S

Rabbit Malting

My white rabbit is currently malting like mad. We have white hair all over the house. We think he is a New Zealand white. Can anyone give some tips, is there a good brush that will help?
  13. S

Hay

My rabbit doesn't like hay, we have tried a few types but with no luck. Does anybody have any advice about where to get hay from and the best types for rabbits.
  14. S

Hello

My name is Sarah, I have 1 rabbit named follow (he is a white rabbit) (currently looking to get a female friend for him) 3 guinea pigs Mogwei, Womble and Wicket and a hamster called Bailey.
Back