• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

What the **** is Going on !! -U/D Post 25

Actually I am convinced this is weather and climate related... For a while now I am comparing the state of my twins with the pair my freind Esther has about 5 km from here. She shared about a year ago her suspicions about weatherchanges and their influence on rabbits and since then, we...
  2. C

Rabbits diagnosed with full stasis-experience with enema asked...

Good news...after 9 days...Hypoliet is pooing again!!!!:wave:
  3. C

You know you have too many bunnies when....

Or....when as an argument for renting a certain appartment you name "those neighbours have a housebun and don't travel, so they have experience and would be ideal to watch the twins during our holiday..."
  4. C

You know what's funny Jane... this is a different vet...and one that has oxbow-hay and pellets imported from the US... one who goes to ALL lectures about rabbit-medicine in the Benelux...we thought after the first visit that we actually discovered a real good vet for rabbits in the Antwerp...
  5. C

A small change...4 little and very hard poo's this morning and his tummy is making some noises, but not always... offcourse he is in pain now...poor thing... She called her vet again this morning...he said to wait untill friday, just continue with cisaral... was againts iv-fluids...:censored...
  6. C

@Jane, just information that I got from Esther on the article you posted. She agrees with the article but...she says this from experience, reading and hearing stories: In a stumach wich is filled with food, the danger is that these kind of medicines will cause such severe contractions that the...
  7. C

Thanks Jane, will pass this along, don't know wether she knows this article or the author. I think it is highly usefull to discuss these things, since we can all and allways learn more!!! We don't always need to agree on everything, we can learn a lot by discussing things like this even by just...
  8. C

Jane, about the Ranitidine: Esther said she never heard about the use of it in rabbits with stasis either ,but she says this is a histamine that diminishes the acid secretion of the stumach. With a full stumach like Hypoliet has now, you don't want that because this would create the ideal...
  9. C

Minor good news...he just had 2 very small poos after massage!!! But still no bowel-movement...
  10. C

ok, will tell her to try and get hold of vet...and do some research Thanks Jane!
  11. C

You mean to threat a potential ulcer? mmm... don't even know of the use in those in rabbits... Esther agrees with vet...compleet stasis due to moulting...I think lots of bunnies are feeling a bit down now... had some minor problems with my pair as well the last few weeks, but nothing that a good...
  12. C

He just accepted a bit of parselie....I guess that's good, but still no pooing... Hospitalisation would not be a good idea I think, he is taken better care of by his owner who will keep awake at night and monitor him... She's a vet student ,so knows how to give IV etc... About Pyloric...
  13. C

He is called Hypoliet... Don't know about Pyloric Stenosis...will ask ,but think vet would have noticed that on x-rays.
  14. C

He had an IV yesterday and just got one again now, just got text that he started licking her hand afterwards, which is great cause he ran away from her since yesterday! An enema wouldn't really solve anything we think, since that helps only if the lower part of the gut is concerned. From the...
  15. C

He just stopped eating as well... Nothing more we can do now... he has pain-medication, gets his massages, liquids en gut-stimulant... just hope that everything gets moving...
  16. C

Still no pooing... and still eating hay like mad... The x-ray showed lots of food in stumachand upper intestines, no gas. He got medication to stimulate upper and lower intestine... I just contacted Esther from medirabbit to ask her wether she has any experience with the method that Dana...
  17. C

Thanks Martine! That gives some hope... Luckily no blockage on the x-ray... but an x-ray is not 100% sure offcourse... Wil let you know more once I have news! (it's not my rabbit, but from a friend of mine)
  18. C

Rabbit is indeed with vet now, having x-ray... Your bunnies with blockage, did it also eat but not poop?
  19. C

Anyone experience in this? No poing since wednesday-evening. Vet (good one) diagnosed complete stasis. But...rabbit continues eating, but nothing is leaving the body... Any ideas on this?
Back