• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. T

Why Roo....Why???

I don't know why he's suddenly become such an obsessive digger. The digging I can cope with, but for him to then wee on the hay once it is all over the floor, that's just dirty. :roll: His partner Sugar is such a clean and tidy girl, Roos dirty antics must drive her mad. :lol:
  2. T

Rachel and Charlie - photos of Charlie added plus a spot the bunny pic of Rachel ;-)

Charlie made his journey from Windwhistle Warren up to Nottinhgamshire yesterday and we commenced bonding last night. Charlie travelled well and recovered from his journey quickly and Rachel has just about got over the trauma of very briefly being handled by a scarey human (me!). As they are...
  3. T

Sweet dreams little Scooby

My sweet little Scooby passed away on 28 January 2016. It was sudden, quick and unexpected. He was fine at 11pm the previous night, but gravely ill at 6am the next morning. We took him straight to our vets and he was put into intensive care. They did everything they could for him and...
  4. T

Charlie Windwhistle......

Will soon be getting himself ready to make the journey from Windwhistle Warren up to Nottinghamshire to meet my bereaved little Rachel. Charlie is a timid half-wildie who needs a friend of his own kind, and my little half-wildie Rachel is really missing her Scooby so she is in need of a bunny...
  5. T

My little Scooby has died

About an hour ago. I can't stop crying, I can't cope with losing another so soon after Minnie. :cry: He was admitted on Sunday for a dental as he suddenly stopped eating, which wasn't unexpected as he is a dental bunny. I've been syringe feeding him since Sunday, which again is normal as it...
  6. T

Scooby and his new girl Rachel, the wildie cross

A few pics of the happy couple, taken from a distance as usual! Rachel and Scooby's kennel is at the bottom of our garden, but Rachel knows the sounds of the back door opening and has quickly linked that sound with the appearance of nasty humans, so as soon as she hears it she does a...
  7. T

Scooby and Rachel, bonding has commenced

They are together in the bathroom and I am spying through a crack in the door. It has to be very much a hands off bonding due to Rachel's wildie traits. I put the carriers in the room, opened the doors and then came out of the room to leave them to it. Scooby went into Rachel's carrier, she...
  8. T

Baby Rachel....hopefully a new friend for Scooby

I haven't really said much about Scooby's potential new friend, but Baby Rachel (from Acomb Rabbit Rescue) has been with us for 2 weeks now. Rachel is a half-wildie and has definitely retained a wild rabbit's natural fear of humans, despite being in captivity since a baby. She does seem to...
  9. T

Transport needed - cat at risk of pts. Skegness to Bicester, Oxfordshire NOW SORTED

I am trying to arrange the transportation of an 'at risk' cat from Skegness to Bicester in Oxfordshire. I am in the north of Nottinghamshire. Can anyone help me with part of the run, either on the Skegness to Nottinghamshire section, or the section down to Bicester. Thanks in advance. xx
  10. T

Lonely Scooby

For the second time this year I find myself with a lonely bereaved rabbit, who is missing their partner, and I have no existing group or pair within which I would have any hope of a successful integration. Scooby lost his gentle Minnie last Sunday, I can’t bear to see him sitting on his own...
  11. T

Goodnight my sweet and gentle Minnie

My beautiful Minnie passed away in the early hours of this morning. She was admitted into hospital yesterday afternoon and seemed to be improving and I was really hopeful that she would be coming home today, but she took a turn for the worst during the night and collapsed. My vet tried to...
  12. T

Scooby can't eat

We have an appointment this afternoon. I suspect it's his molars as he can pick up pellets with his lips (he's an incisorless gummy bunny), but he can't chew and the pellet just comes out again. Same with his herbs, he picks them up, but can't feed them through his mouth and chew them. He's a...
  13. T

Stable matting.....EVA or rubber?

I want to put stable matting in Sugar & Roo's accommodation, but there are two sorts and I don't know which would be best for rabbits, EVA or rubber. The matting needs to be strong as Roo is a digger. Roo is very messy, he digs all the hay out of his trays and hay box onto the floor and then...
  14. T

Scooby is in hospital (stasis and impaction) UD Improving and passed some poos :-)

We have had to rush Scooby to our vets tonight. He wasn't his normal self, he went very lethargic and was flopped out on his side. It looked like he was just relaxing, but he kept fidgeting and changing position. He then did a wee on the floor and couldn't be bothered to move so just lay down...
  15. T

Minnie and Scooby

Minnie and Scooby are a very happy couple :love: They've been together for a few weeks now. It was quite an easy bond, I think both bunnies were very much in need of a friend. Scooby has fully recovered from his incisor removal and is eating like a horse! Gummy Scooby Minnie
  16. T

Bonding Minnie and Scooby

I have just put them together in the bonding pen. Scooby is humming and humping, Minnie isn't really responding. He's small and Minnie is quite a big girl, so she's hardly noticing the humping, she's almost doing this :roll: She has just got a bit irritated with him, she stamped and grunted...
  17. T

Those who are going on the Forage Identification Day on 31st May.....

Can anyone make use of a 2kg bag of Excel nuggets with mint for Junior/Dwarf rabbits or a 3kg bag of Rabbit Royale muesli mix? There's only about an egg cup full taken out of each bag. We bought them for Scooby when we were trying to encourage him to eat after his incisor removal, but he...
  18. T

Just found a baby wildie in middle of road

I drove by, saw him and thought he was dead, but turned around and drove back to check. He was alive, so I scooped him up, wrapped him in a blanket and brought him home. He is sodden (pouring with rain here) and terrified. :( He is in a cardboard box stuffed with hay, I daren't check on him as...
  19. T

Recovery from incisor removal.... Update: Scooby now eating pellets...YAY!!

I just wondered how long it has taken other people's rabbits to recover from incisor extraction and resume normal eating. Scooby had his incisors removed a week ago and he is still not eating pellets and hay. He will eat herbs, freshly picked grass, dandelion leaves etc. He’s grooming...
  20. T

Scooby says......HELP!!! Someone's nicked me teefs

I just went to sleep and when I woke up me teefs had gone. :shock: And now me bottom lip is saggy :love:
Back