• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. XMissySJx

Pebbles 2006/7 - 2017.

Yesterday was the end of an era for me, and while my heart is broken, it is also full of happiness and gratefulness that this little lady managed to live such a long, healthy, happy life. Many of you won't know me at all, but some of you from back in the day will. Pebbles came to me in 2007...
  2. XMissySJx

Pebbles and Benji

A little update on Pebbles and Benji. Pebbles has recovered really well after the loss of her eye in October, she's now reached the ripe old age of ten years old, which seems absolutely strange to think I joined this forum when I adopted her in 2007 as a young rabbit, estimated to be between 6-9...
  3. XMissySJx

Bonding a blind rabbit

..any tips? She's an easy bond, I've had her in pairs, trios, even a four at one point although I ended that because she was left out too much for my liking. She's a total sissy and has always been bottom of the hierarchy, but I am cautious about bonding her because now she has a hyper mature...
  4. XMissySJx

Say hello to Benji!

So, if you saw this thread (http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?459701-Benjamin-A-very-lucky-bunny) you'll recognise this guy! As some of you know, I lost my beautiful Domino of 9.5 years in July, and then I adopted Bertie a little nethie cross to be Pebble's new companion. Bertie...
  5. XMissySJx

Detached Lens

My beautiful little Pebbles has had cataracts in both eyes for around six months. Both progress very quickly, and have done right from the start. I have been giving eye drops twice a day, but unfortunately the worse eye looks very different one morning, so I took her to see the vet for a check...
  6. XMissySJx

Bertie.

I can't believe i'm actually writing this, it doesn't seem real. I adopted Bertie on August 15th, and within days we were like best friends. Over the next few weeks we spent every day together, with me being at home because of my ME, and him being in my lounge because he wasn't neutered yet, I...
  7. XMissySJx

Bertie - Adoption Day!

So yesterday I adopted Bertie. He is a rescue bunny, who was on the waiting list with a friend of a friend to get into a rescue. They saved him from a place that wasn't looking after him (and another bunny, who is also lovely), they were advertised on social media, and the photos were so...
  8. XMissySJx

Meet Bertie

So, I decided that I can't imagine being without rabbits, and decided to get Pebbles a friend. Rather than go down the route of an older rabbit, I went for a younger boy because then eventually it will be starting again with a new pair. She's 9.5 years old, and is very friendly with other...
  9. XMissySJx

If you watch Supernatural & love rabbits...

So, if you don't watch Supernatural this won't mean much, but I need to tell this story to you guys. One of the main characters of Supernatural, Jared Padalecki, was at a Supernatural convention in May. I was there, and I had a "lounge" with him, which is basically him, and about ten other...
  10. XMissySJx

I really miss him.

I haven't posted here in a very long time, but recently I'm getting back into the swing of things. As some of you know from my RB post, I lost Domino on July 7th. I'm really struggling to come to terms with it, because we had such a close bond, but in reality it's even more than that. Domino was...
  11. XMissySJx

How much does age really matter in pairs?

Pebbles is really lonely, and I've decided I cant ever see myself not having rabbits. With my ME/chronic illness, it's the rabbits that cheer me up when I'm feeling low, and while they arent the easiest pet to look after with a chronic health condition, I love them dearly and it's worth it. I...
  12. XMissySJx

She wanted a cuddle!

I've had Pebbles since August 2007, and she's not really a people bunny. She's sweet natured, but she's quite shy and she's never been one for being fussed for a long period of time. Yesterday, I picked her up and brought her into the lounge on the sofa with me, expecting her to want to leave...
  13. XMissySJx

Pebbles is lonely

I've repeatedly told myself that I'm not getting Pebbles a friend. She's 9.5 years old, and has very bad eyes (cataracts), and I don't want the cycle of old rabbits, it's too stressful and heartbreaking. But the last few days she just seems so sad, and bored. And the neighbours cat came over...
  14. XMissySJx

Grieving Rabbit - what to do?

Hi everyone, I haven't posted here for a long long long time, but I am in need of some advice. For a few years now I've had only two rabbits, Domino and Pebbles. Domino passed recently, and I am utterly devastated (there's a post in RB for him.) Now, I was exceptionally close to Domino. He was...
  15. XMissySJx

Domino - 2007-2016.

I haven't posted here for a long time, so I don't know who is still around that knew Domino but, I can't let him pass without a little tribute. It doesn't seem right. Writing a tribute post to this amazing rabbit is one of the hardest things to do, because no amount of words will ever be...
  16. XMissySJx

Long Term E.C Bun Care

Can anyone shed some light on what its like to care for a rabbit who never fully recovers from E.C, or the symptoms of it as such. Domino has been hit by a bout of E.C very badly, although he is making good progress. He went straight to trembling, eye rolling etc even though he was fine the day...
  17. XMissySJx

Domino is poorly, potentially with E.C?

I am sorry I havent posted much recently, but I need your guys advice. Some of you wont know me at all, but lots of you will - and Domino. He was 100% fine yesterday. But this morning Mum went to feed him and he was sat quivvering, his head going from side to side. Not scanning, almost like he...
  18. XMissySJx

My bunnies and me!

Havent posted for ages, here some new ones of the buns! I got in the run this afternoon with the bunsters, didnt have the Nikon with me but took some snaps on my phone! My new phone has one of those reversed cameras and also a timer so I managed to get some shots with the buns, although i have...
  19. XMissySJx

Bunny themed clothing etc

If you are on facebook, take a look at https://www.facebook.com/HoppingShopping - Its a brand new page so not much on it at the moment but its been set up to basically post links to bunny items from the shops, and from handmade artists. If you have bought something say from Primark (Me...
  20. XMissySJx

Walk in Run

My buns have a shed, with a run attached. The run is 5 x 5, although it did used to be 10 x 5 until I had to make it shorter for a few reasons (domino sore feet/then benji arriving and needing the space for his hutch). I am looking to get a walk in run to replace their run as I am really...
Back