• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J

RWAF conference - my notes Part 3

Part 3 Frances Harcourt-Brown BVSc FRCVS NH & FM Harcourt-Brown Veterinary Practice, Harrogate. The anorexic rabbit – Is it surgical? A thoroughly interesting talk about a subject that we all think we know lots about, but there were some startling revelations! The premise of the talk was the...
  2. J

RWAF conference - my notes Part 2

Part 2 Richard Saunders BSc(Hons), BVSC CBiol MiBiol DZooMed (Mammalian) MRCVS Senior Clinical Training Scholar in Rabbit & Zoo Animal Medicine Bristol Zoo Gardens RWA/F Veterinary Resident. Brainstorming E.Cuniculi. Are we tilting at windmills? This was a very interesting talk, and seemed to...
  3. J

RWAF conference - my notes Part 1

Hi, I know some others have put up info about the conf, so just adding to that. I couldn't put the whole doc on in one go (too many words) so this is part 1, will put another part 2 and 3 thread. There were six speakers, I've put them in the order we heard them. Sharon Redrobe BSc(Hons)...
  4. J

Congenital health problems in domestic rabbit breeds

Hi, Myself and Anne McBride recently published this article re: Congenital health problems in domestic rabbit breeds http://www.hoppingmad.org/E3/congenitaldiseases.htm As this is an obvious welfare issue, we are trying to get the article 'out there', and would be grateful if any of you find it...
  5. J

Weaning age of kits - question

I was reading a thread that diversed into a debate about how many weeks kits can be safely weaned at. Most people posting seemed to think that a minimum of 8 weeks, preferably 10, and as much as 12 were the acceptable scope for weaning. When I got my last rescue bun, he was found at 5 weeks...
  6. J

Help end the factory farming of rabbits - see page 2 for form letters

Hi, As this is a general rabbit welfare issue, and not forum specific, I'm sure that members of RU will want to help Four Paws to raise awareness with their MP's about the forthcoming Early Day Motion re: battery/intensive farming in Westminster. Details are on this blog site, please consider...
  7. J

House bunny housing pics...help

:wave: I'm re vamping Berties site with a view to making a much more comprehensive House Rabbit reference. I'd like to include pics of as many different types of housing as poss, so if you have something other than the standard cage, and you'd like to help, please PM or post your pics here...
  8. J

Who's got bunnys on YouTube?

I know some of us have can we see pleasey? Here's mine :wave:
  9. J

A walk on Watership Down yesterday..Pic heavy U/D map

I can't believe I've lived here for 11 years and not been here before :roll: It's only 40 mins in the car. Anyways, I digress...the weather was lovely when we got there, and quickly went cloudy, so these aren't the best pics, but will give you an idea. Andrew LLoyd Webber owns the down now...
  10. J

Bertie's new hidey hole

mmm, a spot of morning reading :lol: and then to dizzier heights! It's all a bit much, need a sit down! He's normally not allowed in here, so when he does sneak in he loves it! I found him there yesterday, and put some cardboard down for him, and today I had the camera ready :)
  11. J

Bertie's RU Birthday/anniversary Piccys

As it's our RU birthday, I've taken some pics of Berts out in his pots...I will try and get some photos of him elsewhere, but this is where he spends most of his time now :lol: :love:
  12. J

The book behind Watership Down

:wave: When we were on hols, Paul was reading Watership Down, and reading it to me which, and I'd forgotten just how much information there is about the rabbits state of being in there. I've learnt so much! In his 1974 edition, Richard Adams credits R.M. Lockley's "The Private Life of the...
  13. J

Overheated Bunny - Thanks RU!

After we came back from hols on Tuesday, we went to collect Bertie, he was really fretting in the car (It was 28C outside :shock:). We got him in, and within a 20 minutes he was behaving quite deliriously, unable to move properly but trying to move constantly, falling over, and spooked. It was...
  14. J

French Island Holiday Pics

:wave: It's hard to select out of 400 photos! We stayed on L'ille de Nourmoutier, It was really quiet, flat, so lots of cycling, and around 22-24 degrees. Because the French weren't on holiday, ir was really peaceful, just a few tourists around. The campsite had a ethos of natural living in...
  15. J

Recent Bertie piccys

Here's a few we snapped when the weather was nice :roll: Outside on his lawn/herb tubs And looking for treats Curly Whiskers :lol: :love: my little guy :)
  16. J

Is too many vegggies bad for weight?

:wave: I'm really sharp on Keeping Bertie's weight right, he doesn't get any Bunny treats, carefully measured ETA 40g (not 400g) dried food a day, lots of exercise, hay and grass, and veggies. The vet has said he's a bit overweight, and looking at him, he has become somewhat 'portly'. I really...
  17. J

Astro-turf & buns

:wave: We've been thinking about getting the balcony astroturfed, to make it a bit more comfy to sit on, it's got hard tiles at the mo. OH has brought a sample home, to see if how interested Berts is in eating it, and he showed some interest in the edges, that's all. Instinctively (so please...
  18. J

Bunny attack 2.30 a.m.

Honestly, it can be like having kids (from what other people tell me :)) Bertie has our spare room at the bottom of the corridor, he has free run of it, and night we don't shut the door, cos he always settles down to sleep when we do, and doesn't get up until we do, so there's no need, and it's...
  19. J

How long without water?

I cleaned Berties cage out yesterday morning, and went off to work. An hour later, I remembered that I hadn't got his water bowl out of soaking and he had no water :no: So I legged it back as early as poss (an hour after that) to give him some. Does anyone know just how long they can be without...
  20. J

Let's have your grooming bunnies shots!

I love watching him groom and wash, haven't yet managed to get the ear and face cleaning, as whenever I get the camera out, he usually stops and just poses :lol: so these are on zoom. And not strictly grroming, but oh so very :love:able So dig out your cleaning and grooming pics ;)
Back