• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. michelle&holly

Gorgeous Holly left us Sunday

Thank you all for your kind messages. It is incredibly hard-i just feel heartbroken. We had a BBQ today and she would normally be running around everyone for strokes and dandelions. I have arranged for an individual cremation for her and they did tell me she would be back yesterday so i was...
  2. michelle&holly

Gorgeous Holly left us Sunday

My gorgeous girl left us sunday 18th June after almost 12 years. Totally heartbroken. She went within an hour and nothing the emergency vets could do. My birthday today and i feel lost without her. Xxxx
  3. michelle&holly

Water Flavouring

Thanks Kat I'll give some of these a go - she wouldn't try the pineapple juice i gave her. I'll see if she goes for any of these! Michelle&Holly:wave:
  4. michelle&holly

Water Flavouring

Hi Jane Thanks for the advice - Holly has a bowl of water and a bottle. She does have very wet veg but i still want to encourage her to drink a bit more. Do the fruit teas have caffeine in them though? Do you think that childrens squash with no artificial flavours would be ok? Michelle&Holly ;)
  5. michelle&holly

Water Flavouring

Hi Guys I need some help - Holly doesn't really drink much water & she recently spent 2 days at the vet on a drip as she stopped eating - we think due to dehydration. I saw something in my pet shop a while ago that was berry flavouring to put in her water but they don't sell it anymore. Does...
  6. michelle&holly

Roaming Rudy's Adventures

Hi All I just thought i'd share some Roaming Rudy photos with you - as he spent his 2 weeks with me on my birthday. Meeting Holly! Eating & Drinking Holly's rations! Being pampered - getting a new pictur protector Hanging out with the rabbit gang Visiting Marwell for the day on my...
  7. michelle&holly

Secret Santa

I sent mine on saturday - keep meaning to check on royal mail to see if it has arrived yet. I really enjoyed doing this for the special rescue/foster buns
  8. michelle&holly

GI Statis again-UPDATE-LUMP-possible tumour-Review at vets

I've got some vetbed - didn't think about that - DOH! Whats snugglesafe? is that the microwavable heat pad? i've made her a little den surrounded by hay in her hutch. If not just smuggle her past my dad and tuck her up in my bed! :D
  9. michelle&holly

Thanks Jane - its just so hard to know what to do for the best - you have a life in your hands. Don't want her to suffer but don't want to regret my decision. She has a weight chart on the fridge so i can keep track everyweek - like weightwatchers really! But no diet. She's all bald bless her...
  10. michelle&holly

Well just to update you all a bit further. I went to the vet on thursday to discuss the findings of Holly's ultrasound. I have decided for the time being to leave Holly & weigh her each week as she is happy and healthy. Obviously if there were any signs she were in pain i would take her...
  11. michelle&holly

bunnymad magazine is out

I can't wait for mine to arrive! Damn postal strike - don't they know we need our bunny mad magazine fix!
  12. michelle&holly

She's had GI stasis twice - which we went to the vets for & then she was getting again over August bank holiday - but i managed to give her some infacol & within a couple of hours she was okay again. the lump isn't causing her to be ill - its just that when she got GI Stasis the vet was feeling...
  13. michelle&holly

Hi Jane Sorry but - what are adhesions? Thanks for your reply. How old were your Does that you had operated on? Did they not survive the sedation? Or was it the operation? Touch wood - we haven't had any GI stasis since August & i have been giving her pineapple tablets. And the vet said that...
  14. michelle&holly

I did think about that but then i would have to get another ultrasound done & i don't know any other vets near me that do it. As my dad convinced me i wouldn't need insurance - i can't really afford to pay £153 again. I know it sounds very stingy when its Holly's welfare at stake but if i have...
  15. michelle&holly

The vet said that when they are doing a spay it is difficult to tell where to cut to remove the uterus so even if the tiniest bit was left - the cancer could develop on that small part. I was quite surprised that he said this - i'm starting to wish i hadn't got her spayed now. Michelle&Holly
  16. michelle&holly

The vet that did the ultrasound (seperate vets - we were referred to them) really suggests i should have it removed & i asked him if she would be okay for surgery again. He seemed to think she would be fine - although re-iterating the risk you take with any operation. Touch wood she has not...
  17. michelle&holly

Ultrasound complete Well hi all - just an update for everyone. I took Holly for her ultrasound on friday (which cost me £153!!) The vet said it could be one of 4 things: - soft tissue mass (over compensating from spay op) - dead fat (from spay op) - abcess (unlikely) - uterian cancer He...
  18. michelle&holly

Bunny Hokey Cokey!

Ohhhhhhhhh Hokey Cokey Cokey
  19. michelle&holly

Hi luvabun, thanks for your message, i'm just so concerned as Holly is not even 2 years old yet - i thought this is quite young for tumours etc. We are booked in to go back on the 20th september to see if the lump has grown. i just don't want her to be in any pain or discomfort & although i...
  20. michelle&holly

Hi everyone thanks for all your advice. we went back to the vet today to be checked over. I have been given Holly Bromelain tablets every other day & have been giving her less kale/parsley & more leafy greens. the vet could still feel the lump in her stomach. He said it hasn't got bigger but...
Back