• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

2 rabbits needing urgent help in Sussex.

Hi all, I've just had a call from one of my friends who is a vet in Horsham, West Sussex. Her surgery does a lot of work with the RSPCA in that district and she has just gone in to do some operations and been informed of two rabbits who are due to be PTS (in other words, they have asked her to...
  2. S

Started Fostering again:- Meet Cookie the School Bunny (at last!)

Some of you may remember Cookie, he was a ex-school bunny I was first alerted to in January by my vets after he and his unneutered sibling had a serious fight which left him needing extensive surgery. He has scarring to his nose, the top of his eye lid and the inside of his ears but his genitals...
  3. S

Clutterydraw's (Ruth's) Sorrel...

Please have a read here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=186475 Further to Ruth's post the other day Sorrel has become quite ill, please spare a thought for them this evening. :(
  4. S

Lexie (moo moo) 28.06.09

When I got up this morning for some reason I decided to feed Lexie & Fiver first and found Lexie collapsed on the floor under their shelf. At first I thought she was sound asleep as she is partially deaf and tends not to hear me but she didn't respond to my poking her so I picked her up and she...
  5. S

Lexie & Fiver (inc. sparko pic)

Finally coaxed my phone into connecting with the laptop today so here are a few quick pictures of Lexie & Fiver during bonding, they have moved into their new dog crate this afternoon. Couldn't resist this one, I did give him a poke to check he was OK but he was completely sparko and Lexie...
  6. S

I'm b-b-b-b-bonding...

I know it's fast but Lexie's behaviour has been really worrying me over the past few days so I felt it was better she had a new buddy sooner rather than later. We're on phase 1. in the carrier and have been going for ten minutes so far, it isn't hate at first sight so fingers crossed. :?
  7. S

Mackenzie 03.06.09

The Lent Rabbit I'll lend you for a little while, A rabbit of mine, God said For you to love the while he lives, And mourn for when he's dead. It may be six or seven days A year or two or three, But will you, till I call him back, Take care of him for me? He'll bring his charms to gladden you...
  8. S

Anyone for a...

Tri-Coloured Dutch: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=14935 :love:Swoon:love:
  9. S

Bindi: Ex-Happy Hopper Rescue bun.

Bindi was from a litter of 5 babies who I took in just over a year ago and who was rehomed to live with her sister Hazel & their new husbun Roger shortly afterwards. They had a fantastic home with a family and two little girls who doted on them and a lovely shed conversion to live in. Sadly I...
  10. S

Volatile reaction to VHD Vaccine.

I've had Marley at the vets today as he has developed a nasty burn on his back (it's huge) from his Cylap vaccine on Tuesday. The vets had just got off the phone to Forte Dodge when we arrived and they have offered to pick up the bill for his treatment...he has had it cleaned & creamed today and...
  11. S

I think I have a difficult decision to make RE: Mack. U/D: He's gone.

I am pretty sure I have found another abcess on Mack's jaw last night during his dailiy flush. It is in a new position entirely to the previous ones and my only explanation is that the infection may be travelling through his mandible. I've got a really tough decision to make and I am very much...
  12. S

An abcess ponderment.

Why is it that you can't inject antibiotics directly into an abcess capsule? I was stressing out last night as Mack has pulled out his cottonbud retainer and the hole in his throat has closed up significantly again, meaning the remaining abcess cavity has now sealed itself shut and I can't get...
  13. S

For Angie & anyone else: The Rescuers Prayer

"Rescue Prayer" Now I lay me down to rest, I pray my soul can stand this test Of watching critters lose their homes, While owners gripe and cry and moan. I long for strength of spirit and I pray they'll find a home again. Where they will know a loving heart I can't do much, but its a...
  14. S

Absolutely Fuming!

I just brought Fiver back from the vets by bus as usual and as I got on the driver informed me hat I had to 'pay for dogs'. I pointed out I had a rabbit in the box and not a dog and he asked how come he heard it barking....WTF? :shock: Anyway I sat down and thought maybe it was a poor idea of a...
  15. S

Hmm....tried Marley & Juno again.

If anyone remembers last time we tried the carrier method for bonding but Juno was too aggressive to even put them in together let alone go for a walk with them. Today they had half an hour together in the hallway and armed with a spray bottle I pretty much followed them everywhere. Both were...
  16. S

Sheffielders-VHD.

Just a quick warning to check your buns VHD vaccines are all up to date as I have been dealing with a bereaved owner by email and have reason to believe her rabbit *may* have died from VHD. I'm hoping not as they still have the deceased bunnies unvaccinated partner.
  17. S

Excessive drinking & urinating.

Is there anything else other than liver or renal failure that can cause excessive drinking & urination, where no urinary incontinence is involved and weightloss is a concern?
  18. S

This >>> :-) is me right now!!!

I'm over the moon, we just got Mack back from the vets (the spoilt boy got two vets to himself) and he is doing so well!!! The suspiscious lump that we thought might be a fourth abcess has disappeared but we now know what it was, scarred tissue around the remaining pocket where the third abcess...
  19. S

How long do (or perhaps should) abcess cavities normally stay open post-op.

Just wondering as since using the Intrasite gel Mack's has really started to close quickly, but there is still a pocket at the end of the narrow opening that isn't fully healed. When I pump fluid in with the catheter attachment on the syringe, the pocket 'inflates' but I can no longer get a...
  20. S

Well I won't be trying that again in a hurry!

Just put Marley & Juno together to start bonding and OMG :shock: I didn't think something so small and fragile could have so much aggression in her. Poor Marley just looked completely bewildered whilst she flew at him lunging and growling! I had to take her pretty much straight out as she was...
Back