• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. T

Booklice on rabbit

Hi, My rabbit shed, hutch and run have a book lice infestation. I know how to kill them and sort out the housing as I had to do it once years ago. The problem is the book lice are also in my rabbits fur. So any housing I clean will just be reinfested as soon as I put her in it. It also means I...
  2. T

Panacur dose

Hi everyone, I need to give my rabbit a course of panacur but wanted some advice on the dose to give him. It says to give one syringe graduation per 2.5kg of body weight... My rabbit weighs 3.5kg. It's a while since I've used panacur and I can't remember how I worked it out before. Can anyone...
  3. T

Stolen rabbit (Sutton, Greater London / Surrey)

Some time between midnight on Monday and Tuesday afternoon one of my rabbits was stolen from my garden in Carshalton :( Jasper is a white lop with pink eyes, he's 4 years old and neutered. He was in the shed and run combo where he lives with 4 other rabbits when I did my final check around...
  4. T

Lost my boy, girl now alone.... Permanent fostering? other solutions?

Please bear with me, i'm not in the best frame of mind at the moment. I had to have one of my rabbits, Simon, pts today. He's been back and forth to the vets since Friday (not my normal vet unfortunately) and I feel it was the right decision. His partner Willow is now left on her own. She is...
  5. T

What are these creepy crawlies in my hay???

I had these once before in a bale of hay, and I managed to get a better picture that time. I didn't have much trouble getting rid that time because I kept the hay in a shed so I could just bleach everything. But I can't really do that this time, especially as they're on a sofa bed that...
  6. T

Poor rabbit, found with both front legs broken :-(

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/local/suttonnews/9188464.Appeal_to_help_rabbit_dumped_in_Sutton/
  7. T

PEW sensitive to light??

Since I got my PEW bunny Jasper and his brother Smudge they have lived in a brick shed, obviously it had a window and the door was open every day...Smudge liked to sit by the door in the sun sometimes but Jasper always stuck to the darker parts of the shed. I recently bonded them with one of my...
  8. T

I've finally got my group of 4!

I've been desperately wanting a group for so long, and having 4 pairs you'd think it wouldn't be too hard... but I have some unsociable little devils :roll: I decided to give it one more try. They had met (through mesh/bars) before while Harry & Sophie were in the run on the grass or in their...
  9. T

Pretty ratties

Don't tell them I've been calling them pretty though... they're all boys :lol: Following on from the story here - http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=253165 I decided that I wanted more rats and that I'd like Oscar to have some friends of a similar age to play with. I couldn't...
  10. T

Rats... lots of cute pictures :-)

This is Herbert. He was all on his own, chasing his tail and trying to push the bedding everywhere when I first saw him and I fell in love. With my OH's ok, we decided to bring him home with us and try to introduce him to one of our existing pairs. Sadly they were all in failing health and...
  11. T

My new bunnies ;-)

Aren't they lovely...?
  12. T

My syrian hamsters

Snowball... he's a slightly nervy boy, he actually makes himself jump sometimes :lol: My newest little boy, Peanut. My friend bought him for my 30th last month (my OH suggested it ;) ) within 2 days I had to rush him to the vets with wet tail. It was touch and go whether he'd pull through...
  13. T

Lice - spot on dose??

Would anybody be willing to work out some doses for me please?? 8 of my rabbits have what I think are lice, they appear to have come in on the hay. I phoned my vet and he said I could use the Beaphar spot on, but I'm worried about getting the dose wrong as I know it's quite easy to overdose on...
  14. T

Not sure what to do... new aggressive behavior

Can I possibly pick your brains a little bit..? Please bear with me if I ramble a bit :oops: I'm having a few issues with one of the bunnies here, Emily. Basically she's started lunging and growling over the last few months and she managed to get me yesterday because I made the mistake of...
  15. T

Someone I know "needs to get rid of 4 baby rabbits" :-(

Not me! :D But that's the predictable phrase that's now being used by my OH's kung-fu instructor. You might remember me asking for some advice to pass on about pregnancy and seperating bunnies, well apparently they phoned round all the local petshops to try and get rid of the babies and none of...
  16. T

Smudge & Jasper

I always seem to get better pictures of these boys than any of the others :love: Smudge... his black ear is normally up so this is a rare shot Jasper One of Jasper enjoying his night indoors
  17. T

Simon & Willow *new pics added*

Willow has always been a scaredy bun and would normally run and hide when I'm in the shed with them, but lately she's taken to just sitting still and hoping I won't see her :lol: So she missed out on the rose and Simon pigged it all :roll: I don't get the best quality pictures in their side of...
  18. T

Jack & Emily

You may have spotted the theme of the pics I'm posting tonight... I bought the bunnies some roses so I had to take lots of pictures :D Jack Emily
  19. T

Harry & Sophie

Some of you will know that Harry lost his partner and while I was in the process of trying to find a suitable new partner for him The Duchess sadly lost one of a pair of foster bunnies leaving the female - now re-named Sophie, looking for a new partner. So we took Harry up to meet Sophie. It...
  20. T

I think I've been had!

I think Smudge is winding me up! I cleaned all the bunnies out this evening so dinner was a little bit late, normally they'd all be tripping me up to get to it. But tonight Smudge was just laying on his shelf, no interest in pellets... I try him with veg and still no interest. He was doing the...
Back