• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

Meet Puffle, Iggy Pop and Harley

Hi all Many of you will be aware that we lost both Fizzgig and Sprocket over the past few months. Now we have welcomed three new bunnies into our lives courtesy of the Rabbit Residence. So please welcome, from left to right Iggy Pop, Harley and Puffle! Puffle is their daughter...
  2. K

Sprocket

Sprocket by Jo Dale, on Flickr Sprocket, my lovely lop boy passed due to heart failure at the grand old age of ten, only a month and a half after we lost his second wife bun Fizzgig. He came into our lives after the tragic loss of Gasket and Tappet in 2010. We found him in the vets at Pets at...
  3. K

Now Sprocket is sick 😭😭

Sprocket is ten years old. We lost his partner, Fizzgig in mid march this year. On Friday I noticed he was struggling to breathe and looked to be in pain. He also had fewer, small poops and his eating slowed. Took him to the vet and they kept him in overnight and gave him oxygen, gut meds and...
  4. K

Fizzgig

As some of you will have seen, we had to say goodbye to Fizzgig today. I am devastated! We have been through a lot with Fizzgig. We adopted her from a local rescue called PACT in Norfolk where she had been named "Duchess" . We don't know her real age or background, other than she came from a...
  5. K

Vibes for Fizzgig please

Fizzgig has developed a respiratory infection. She's been on Enrocare for a week and we took her back to the vet today because she was getting worse. We've now got her on doxycycline in addition and she is now being nebulised every few hours. But I can see her getting worse. She is gasping and...
  6. K

Vibes and advice for Fizzgig please- Dental issues

Hi all Fizzgig had a dental a week ago. Prior to going in, she was not showing any reduction in eating hay or anything. I only got concerned because she was making an odd movement in her jaw. It turns out she had an abscess caused by a spur, that was in turn causing uneven growth in her molars...
  7. K

Abscess on face - Vibes and advice please

:cry: My bunny Fizzy has an abscess on her cheek. I need some support and advice please. Early August I found a lump on her face. Vet found a molar spur cutting into her cheek. She was put under, tooth was found to be bad and had to be removed (most of it was removed, but it did break up a...
  8. K

Happy Gotcha Day Fizzgig!!!

It's been a year since we picked up Sprocket's new wife Fizzgig! It wasn't exactly love at first sight but after sending them to Cheryl she managed to bond them for us and Fizzgig has definitely settled into her position as top bun! Poor Sprocket never stood a chance at being the boss in this...
  9. K

Introducing Sprocket's girlfriend

Some may recall that we had a new arrival over Easter. Things didn't get off to the best of starts and we eventually sent them both to get acquainted on neutral ground. Now they are in love so I would like to formally introduce Fizzgig: OI000004.jpg by Jo Dale, on Flickr OI000001.jpg by Jo Dale...
  10. K

bonding help please!

Hi everyone. Is there anyone in Norwich who can help bond Sprocket with his new wifeibun? I don't know if I am cut out for this!! :( thanks! Jo
  11. K

Widget rushed to emergency vet - fitting-U/D :( she didn't make it

:cry::cry::cry::cry: Widget seemed to be improving eating this last week since her dental, but this morning I found her listless in her tray. Got her straight to the vet and she was fitting all the way there. She's going to be getting supportive care and more tests but the vet is not optimistic. :(
  12. K

Vibes & advice needed please - Widget

Widget is not well. :cry: She had a bout of stasis a few weeks ago on a Sunday, was still eating but straining to poop. While I was on the phone to the emergency vet debating whether to take her in she managed to spectacularly clear the blockage herself. A week later it re-occurred and we took...
  13. K

metal shed hay storage- your experiences?

Hi all. We are about to order a new shed for storing hay and other stuff. Trying to decide between wood and metal. Has anyone got any experience of storing hay in a metal shed? Does it get damp at all? The one we have currently is wood. Thanks!
  14. K

Mummeh got a new camera

P3060080 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr P3070103 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr P3050064 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr
  15. K

Megazorb & alternatives

Hi folks Anyone know of any good alternatives to Megazorb? I have feeling that the only Norwich stockist has gone bust. So would be good to find a local alternative, although there are some other stockists who are a bit further afield. Thanks! :thumb:
  16. K

Widget's new hat

Widget wears a Fez now..:D
  17. K

Vibes for Sprocket please! :(

Got home from work to find Sprocket hunched in the Kennel. Seems he has a bloat episode. Vet seems to think it is not really bad, tummy not too hard, so he has been given meds and sent home. I have seen him nibble on a few bits, hoping he improves soon. :( Please send vibes for my special boy.
  18. K

Meet Foxglove our new Goth Bunny ;)

Meet Foxglove, I adopted her from a craft market that was at Chapelfied Gardens here in Norwich today. She is handmade. :love: Foxglove the goth bunny by kittykat23uk, on Flickr Foxglove the goth bunny by kittykat23uk, on Flickr Her necklace is adorned with pink and black skulls and she...
  19. K

Sprocket looking cute! :D

Piccy of Sprocket: sprocket by kittykat23uk, on Flickr
  20. K

Bunny island in Japan

A friend posted this link on Facebook. Thought I would share.. http://www.buzzfeed.com/chelseamarshall/21-awesome-pictures-of-bunny-island
Back