• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Santa

Sprüngli, March 2015-May 2018

My precious resident psychopath went to the bridge on Tuesday. She had a blockage. It came on so fast, she was fine at 2pm but when I went back to see her at 4.30 she was very floppy and cold. By the time I got her to the vet, her blood glucose was 38.4 and there was nothing we could do to...
  2. Santa

Final year vet student project on RHD2 - survey for everyone

:wave: A final year vet student and future bunny vet is doing her research project on RHD2 and would like as many bunny owners as possible (not just those who have experienced RHD2) to complete a short survey - details below. It would be really great if you could help out by completing the...
  3. Santa

Richard Saunders wins Vet of the Year at CEVA welfare awards

^^ As per thread title! Amazing news and very well deserved! Richard does so much behind the scenes for rabbit welfare and it's largely thanks to his blood, sweat and tears that we now have easy access to RHD2 vaccines in this country! Delighted to see him win this award, hopefully it will...
  4. Santa

Jeremy goes viral

Remember Jeremy, my little RHD2 bunny, son of my brave soul Delilah? His owners have CCTV set up around their house and they captured him waking them up one morning. They posted this on Facebook and it's now had over 34,000 shares and found its way into the Daily Mail :lol: I never thought...
  5. Santa

Delilah - birth unknown - 5 January 2018

My dear Delilah, who mothered seven surprise babies shortly after arrival, battled RHD2 and won, then battled myxomatosis and won, sadly fell into her forever sleep on 5 Jan :( We still don't really know what happened, but after a week of intermittent stasis, she was admitted for surgery on a...
  6. Santa

Available Rescue: Lots of lovely invisabuns looking for lovely new homes (Essex)

Life is sooo busy I don't have time to list them all here individually, but there are lots of beautiful invisabuns currently waiting patiently for their forever homes <3 After the year we had last year when we had to close our doors for infection control purposes, we are now in a position to...
  7. Santa

Delilah and her persistent scab

:wave: Those of you who were around in the summer may remember that Delilah came down with very severe atypical myxomatosis :( She made it through, but has had one scab across the bridge of her nose that just won't shift! It's over 5 months now, and it seemed to have completely stopped...
  8. Santa

For anyone with PAH pet insurance

...brace yourselves when it comes to renewal time - they've partnered up with Petplan. I did a quote a couple for Jeremy of weeks ago and it was £86.50 a year. Today I did another quote and it's gone up to £162...
  9. Santa

vets with RHD2 vaccine: please can you let me know of any

:wave: As some of you no doubt already know, I'm running a map which plots vets who are reported to have the RHD2 vaccine. When we first started out, we were pretty much bang on the number of vets who had import certificates. Now, we have around 600 practices on the map, which gives pretty...
  10. Santa

Another RHD2 vaccine Eravac: NOT for pet bunnies

Being a bit lazy because I'm copying and pasting from the RHD2 Facebook group, but why reinvent the wheel... **important update** Some of you may have seen a news report suggesting that an RHD2 vaccine has now gained EU-wide (including UK) approval. Please note that the datasheet makes clear...
  11. Santa

Delilah would like to show you how well she is doing after her battle with myxi

:love: Still got one pesky scab across her nose to come off, but apart from that one she's doing well...we're on 9 weeks now so hopefully we should be ok :D
  12. Santa

Vaccinated rabbits contracting myxomatosis

I'm sure it's not just me that's noticed an awful lot of vaccinated bunnies coming down with myxomatosis this year - and those who are coming down with it aren't just getting a nodule or two but seem to be getting extremely ill, and a number of them are sadly not making it through :( Maybe this...
  13. Santa

Now myxomatosis at invisabuns

Can you believe it *facepalm*. As if the RHD2 wasn't enough to deal with! Poor Delilah, mum of the little ones who were born here in April and who came down with the RHD2 has now succumbed to myxo :( She was vaccinated at the end of May but obviously didn't develop a decent immune response to...
  14. Santa

RHD2: my experience of symptoms and treatments

Hello! I'm sure it won't have escaped your attention by now that we've had RHD2 here at the invisabuns. I think we are now all safe - vaccinations were nearly 2 weeks ago and Jeremy the sick boy seems to be doing well. So I thought I'd write out a little bit more about the sort of signs...
  15. Santa

Lily

Little Lily got a particularly acute attack of RHD2 which took her from being perfectly normal at 7am to being collapsed with a very hard stomach at 11.30am. She was rushed into surgery and her stomach cleared out, but there was nothing causing it to have backed up and the vet said her liver...
  16. Santa

Sad news from the invisabuns

We have rhd2 :-( one of the babies, Lily, got it very acutely and died. Jeremy has been poorly but has now rallied and is currently doing well. Everybun else so far is fine and were all vaccinated on Tuesday (including the babies, even though they're still only 8 weeks - not a lot to lose in...
  17. Santa

Safety of foraged foods v cultivated vegetables

This is a bit of a random ponderance, sorry. I keep on hearing (and indeed I've said it myself) to be careful with foraging in areas where there are wild rabbits or where there have been disease outbreaks, for fear of picking plants which are infected with diseases like VHD. But then I...
  18. Santa

Available Rescue: Sprüngli: very boisterous and human-centred female bunny seeking forever home [Essex]

Lacking mischief in your life? Feeling deprived of an attention-seeking furry who demands ALL of your attention? Then look no further than Sprüngli. Sprüngli is a bunny with a massive personality. She was born here in March 2015 to a rescue bunny who arrived the day before she gave birth...
  19. Santa

Count...the invisababies, count them 1, 2, 3... [U/D I think we have a conclusion...]

4, 5, 6, 7...8?...7?...8? I count a different number every time I look at them. Even in this photo I can see 7, some of my friends think they can see 8 :lol: How many invisababies will there be?
  20. Santa

New invisarrival - the lovely Delilah: u/d 7 unexpected packages!!

So, last week I had a new invisarrival at invisabuns. Meet Delilah, her owner died so she needed somewhere to go and she found her way to me. And having read that last sentence, you now know as much about her history and age as I do! Alas she is not a well girl, she's snuffly and William the...
Back