• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. P

Offering a cage for free - Hampshire....

I havent been on here for a while, but wonder if i could help anyone out with a free indoor quite large cage. We have had two small to medium bunnies in to shut away at night or workmen etc. The little lady bun had her hubby pts new years eve and its been awful. She got a new man in her life...
  2. P

tramadol anyone seen if any chemists stock the liquid?

Our vets will write the prescription but its harder and harder to find liquid tramadol..our vets have never got hold of any. Lilys on 50mg of tramadol ....i open it and tip tge powder into a syringe....put the plunger back in up to tge powder...then i draw up 1.5ml metaclopramide syrup through...
  3. P

I have pen panels for free..a rescue need them?

i am sorry i cannot afford the £10 right now...but i dont want to sell tgese..i want a rescue or anyone else who needs them but cannot afford to buy them. Over the last nine and a half years ive collected several pen panels..the metal ones....and there a few six panels low ones..brilliant around...
  4. P

john chitty says no diagnosis ever of rabbit megacolon!

upset me as all the images id seen online were an exact match for what lily produced over three days and nights. lots of pudding poo..extra stinky...put it down to herbs. id only had her back from her dental a few days..she was in almost a week cos of stasis which is why she had the dental in...
  5. P

bad bad dreams...shrieks in sleep..poor bunny

Last night mr bunny..who's yet to be named...was dreaming really ferociously....i sat back down and Nikki and i were watching tv when we heard a rabbit shriek..not quite a scream. He was still asleep and dreaming....when he woke up he was pretty shaken up bess him. I HAVE NEVER had a rabbit...
  6. P

desperate...bun of 5.5kg...male...needed for grieving frenchie doe

ive been on rabbit rehome and on here with rabbits needing homes.....also asked on facebook. Have hot confused which rescue i have and avent contacted.......one told me i was too far away which i understand compete,y....one is b,ind but somehow that part of the description got missed.....but...
  7. P

vibes for Baxter please please.....sudden heart problem...at vets

Baxter started to be a bit wheezy and hard breathing again...poss pain again....but then nikki called me to come quick.....he couldnt catch his breath....couldnt settle in his snooze spot....went round and lay down....His breathing was so fast and laboured....i rushed him to the veterinary...
  8. P

lemon juice in bottles.....instead of vinegar!?

Well i needed to clean baxty and bluebell wee stains on my lounge lino....but because nikki is living in the lounge..i cannot use the vinegar due to her asthma and her sense of smell making her ill. I needed something acidic....went through cupboards...what was a girl to do? concentrated lemon...
  9. P

merlin goes to see hed vet for follow up.not bad for a bun who was going to be pts!

I have been so thankful to the vets for letting merlin decide whether or not he wanted to make it..and how the care and treatment they gave him turned him right around. From a bunny is serious trouble with a stomach that had stopped completely...and was on watch and expected to ring me to ask me...
  10. P

weve heard baxter toot twice recently!

yup...when other buns have done it you could only be aware if you were snuggling with them..relaxed happy buns seem to toot! But it was either the veggie gassy toot smell or little rush of wind that gave the game away. Baxter has had gurgly tummy since we got him in march. Hes the filthiest...
  11. P

grief has a devastating affect on surviving bunny.

Merlin was in at the vets when she had the massive heart attack and died. The vet was as worried about him as we were but he seemed yo be cooing so well itvwas shocking! Then a week later he was full of mites depressed and not eating like he was. The vet gave him a dental to rule it out...and...
  12. P

can anyone make use of an indoor bunny cage and rottweiler sized dog crate?

hi...ive had my mums bun in the cage i bought her fir her xmas stayover last year...ive been meaning to give her the cage she had at my mums but im worried tll upset her. So its sitting here unused..in almost as new condition. Its a ferp.ast 100 and the entire front lifts up and back for bunny...
  13. P

darling phoebe goodnight sweetheart..we will miss you soo much merlin will be lost.

from surviving the clearing put and stress and from saturday being down stairs whilst the carpet and gripper rods were torn up and vinyl replaced. she was fine that evening snuggling merlin..neither of them had sticky stress butt but Hunnybunny and lily did. Thought pine stars would stop phoebe...
  14. P

Lily readmitted and decision to move hunnybunny in with merlin and phoebe.

Poor Lily munster.....i got her back thursday morning...a lovely birthday pressie. She seemed to be ok..bit reserved and not ravenous.... I went to give her metacam friday night with metaclopramide and zantac as shed not got a great appetite and i medicated her for her tummy. Before she went in...
  15. P

lily again..wait till tomorrow?

hmmmm Lilys tummy and Merlins playing up. The two tubs of protexin pellets couldnt come fast enough. But Lily had done string of pearls so thin.....giving her copious amounts of hay as ever but protexin pellets too. And her normal pellets but quantity reduced. yesterday evening about this time...
  16. P

otodex ear drops cat and dog..safe on bunnies?

bluebell has canaural ear drops and im getting some ivermectin drops. she has ear mites....only teeny amount..this is her second bottle of these drops....i finished the course with the other bottle then lost it! found itthe ther day minus its lid and in the hot hot porch..so new eardrops...
  17. P

tell me im right waiting till tomorrow........

used my little cleaning machine to get so much bunny wee out of the carpet in my bedroom doorway...norty phebe pushes tray aside and pees and poops there to show lily and hunnybunny in my room whos boss. i used the little cleaner and it sent phoebe and merlin nuts banging their feet etc so my...
  18. P

just found this...alternative to ice pod i guess..we could get hotter again!

tis true.....weve had some pretty warm septembers and octobers before....also i was wondering if apet has a raised temp and seen the vet and has metacam...would t be beneficial for a fevery bunny to help get their temp down? Bluebell still gets her odd flare ups...baxter doesnt like the...
  19. P

ivermectin vs selamectin..anyone used stronghold on their bunnies?

one of our old vets came to work here from holland. She got out some stronghold and i said to her noooo its not licensed for buns.....but why she said...we use it all the time in holland....kills fleas..mites and ear mites all in one go no messy ear drops or injections course of ivermectin. I...
  20. P

urgent phoebe goes funny after falling off humping merlin.

weve bonded a lot of our buns over time...merlin and phoebevare a rebond but both very teeritorial..not fighting but pseudo humping a lot...STILL. The last couple ofvdays shes been kind of stuck on her back after falling off him. nikki says she thinks phoebes having fits after humping...
Back