• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Concerned about possible spread of disease.

Following on from my other post about loosing a pasturella rabbit, I have now found that his housemate has also died without warning this morning :( I have made an emergency appointment for my remaining pair to have their RHD2 vaxes this afternoon (they already have the myxi/RHD1) but...
  2. S

What to do with a single bun with pasturella

I took on a pair of rabbits a few months back who both had pasturella. Unfortunately one of them has died suddenly and now I am not sure what to do with the remaining rabbit. I like to keep all my rabbits in bonded pairs or groups but I don't want to risk passing on pasturella to a healthy...
  3. S

Closest rescue to Tenterden, Kent?

I have a friend who has just lost one of her pair and she is looking for a new rabbit to bond with him - she wants a speyed young female and she has a large outdoor enclosure and a large neutered male for her to live with :D Can anyone tell me of any rescue centres or individuals with rabbits to...
  4. S

Cloudy eye?

I have just noticed today thaqt Lucky's left eye has completely clouded over and there is a little white discharge coming from it. She has no other symptoms. I am obviously gettig her to a vet ASAP but I would appreciate any advice/eeperience on what this might be. I can't believe that I could...
  5. S

Update on my Starlights bunnies

Short version; they're both great! Tula is getting SO much bigger and her and Poppy are getting on great. Hopefully they will both be speyed next month. They've both moved into the shed now. Its pretty basic at the moment but I'll be adding some more bits. Cleo is getting on well with her...
  6. S

Found a growth on Gismo

I noticed his face looked slightly odd and when I had a feel around I found there was a large growth under his jaw bone :( I can't belive I didn't notice it before but his face is really round and fluffy so it was fairly hidden. Its solid to feel and not moveable. He seems fine in all other...
  7. S

Runny eye and decisions about vets.

My longest resident, Humpty Dumpty has had a slight discharge on and off for about 10 days now from one eye. I took him to the vets a few days back and he couldn't see any teeth problems, he tested the eye with some dye (not quite sure what for) and that was all-clear. He guessed maybe an...
  8. S

How much floor space for a giant?

Can't decide on the best set up for Poppy (British Giant) and Tula (uknown, small/medium bunny size!) once they go outside! We have an 8 x 6 foot shed that they can have. How much additional run space should I add? I can't decide weather to add on a run or to have a separate one made, The...
  9. S

Sometimes its worth being nice!!

I'm really pleased :D A few days ago there was a post on our freecycle group saying OFFERED two rabbits, one male one female in a hutch. Have had babies before and if not separated will probably again! :roll: I sent an emal saying that in all likelihood she was ALREADy probably pregnant and...
  10. S

Another arrival!! Sharon . . . More pics added!!

. . . now known as Cleo, short for Cleopatra because of those beautiful eyes :love: She came to me yesterday from Starlights along with Truffles aka Tula! (See my other post!) She is three years old and has been sad since loosing her long term partner :( She is being bonded with Lucky and...
  11. S

Truffles is here! (Pic heavy!!)

Truffles arrived yesterday from Starlights Rescue (thank to the taxi service of Santa and Louise and Gus ;) ) She is absolutely adorable and so wee!! Kris of Starlights rescued her frombeing sold out of a cardboard box at Asda's and she was barely old enough to leave her mother :( However, she...
  12. S

Aviary panel suppliers that will deliver to Kent?

Having trouble finding one that do panels that look sturdy enough and that will deliver in my area. And recommendations? Or somewhere that I could drive to in kent and collect?
  13. S

Keeping warm

I was telling DH about how cold it was getting outside and the water freezing. Me; "Ive wrapped them all up in bubble wrap and put sock on" DH; "What?! You've put bubble wrap and socks on the rabbits? :shock:" :roll::lol: Silly boy!
  14. S

Shed access for giants?

Is there a cat flap big enough?? What do other people use to allow outdoor access for big buns from their sheds? I'd also be interested in seeing doors and how people secure them so that you're not just opening the shed door and allowing the rabbits out.
  15. S

Bargain happy hutch, carlisle

If anyone is near enough, this looks like it might go cheap :D http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6ft-by-2ft-RABBIT-HUTCH-c-w-6ft-by-4-ft-RUN_W0QQitemZ260336862346QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals?hash=item260336862346&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
  16. S

Weight gain in babies/young rabbits

Does anyone have any good information relating to how quickly rabbits should gain weight? Poppy is 13 weeks and last week she weighed 2kg but this week she has lost a little (about 50g). She is a good hay eater and I have been giving her A&P. The probelm at the moment is that although I want her...
  17. S

Vets near Tenterden?

Its a long shot but does anyone have a recommendation for a vet near to Tenterden (TN30)? We moved here a few weeks back and I don't know anyone local. I went to the closest vet yesterday for a vaccination and he seemed very good, but he was only a locom as the practice vet had suddenly died...
  18. S

On my local freecycle. .

"Good home needed for baby rabbit, just come and collect you only need a box to take it home in, if you can't find one try tesco on your way over lol " Argh!! Makes me so sad :(
  19. S

Rabbit accomodation photos?

There used to be a sticky with peoples photos of their rabbits housing but I can't seem to find it (probably being dense!) Is it still here somewhere? I need some inspiration for turning a shed into a bunny house!
  20. S

Giant baby?

I got an early christmas present. . I should preface this by saying I have 7 rabbits, all rescues, and another on the way from starlights . . . But my husband obviously didn't quite get the rescue message and came home tonight with a new rabbit from someone he had found on the internet. That...
Back