• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

Guinea Piggies!!!

Beautiful :love: I used to have four, well the family had one each. Mine was a black bi-colour sheltie called 'Pip'. She used to come to the beach with us on her lead (hers was the carrot one too I think)- she loved it!
  2. C

New litter!

At about 5pm yesterday I went into the shed to see how Hyzenthlay, the only doe of breeding age I have at the moment (she survived the Mucoid Enteritis problems in my stud and didn't get ill), was doing. I saw her crouched low in the right hand corner of the hutch nearest to me. I saw she had...
  3. C

hey!

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but not to bunnies! I breed Dwarf Lops and show with the BRC and also have a pet rex, so hello to Lola from Blackberry!
  4. C

Lone Rex, thinking of getting him a friend in the future...

I know and I did mention that :wink: If you wanted to show the rabbit then I would show it for as long as the coat holds (Rexes don't usually have a very long show life), and then bond it with your male. If not then by all means go to a rescue, just don't go there expecting to buy show stock...
  5. C

vhd reaction

Hmm, by the sound of that, and as I think you've realised, you definately need to find a new vet! Do you know of any better ones in your area?
  6. C

I'm not sure why you can't neuter a show rabbit- but that is what I was told when I joined the BRC. I'll find out for you though :D I'm not saying it bald hocks won't happen, all I am saying is that to buy a show rabbit it is more sensible to buy from a good breeder, if you say you are...
  7. C

My beautiful brave Nougat has gone

So sorry to hear about Nougat, it is so hard losing those you love. xxx
  8. C

vhd reaction

Sorry to hear of your troubles :( I have come across of a few incidents with the VHD injection. Tell me, did he use two needles? One to draw up the jab and one to inject? This has been the root of the problem in many cases before.
  9. C

Ratty Haven Faces Closer - Animals need homes ASAP

So sorry, I remember reading this on the rat forum. I am so sorry that they just won't listen.
  10. C

Cleo has gone to the bridge

I'm so sorry :(
  11. C

You can, but I wouldn't show them (except in pet). You don't know their history and they probably wouldn't do well as they would probably be older so their coat would be harsher, or their hocks may be going bald etc etc. If you want a show rabbit then I advise going to a breeder, there is a...
  12. C

Photo of belgian hare and belgian hare X's as promised!! :-)

When you get one ask for a Continental Hare :) Belgian Hares only come in: "Rich, deep chestnut red, well extended down the sides. Black ticking of a wavy or blotchy appearance, plentiful in body; chest and face." ~ Taken from BRC Standard Any other coloured hare is Contiental I think. I do...
  13. C

Snuffles

I thought some of you might be interested in reading this :) http://www.rabbitbreeders.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=6973&st=0&p=54771&
  14. C

A rescue is an option, but a breeder is a good choice too, especially if you want to show! Don't buy from a rescue to show, but do remember the rabbit must be whole and you'd need to join the BRC. There are breeders in Cornwall/Devon area, J. Farmer (Devon): 01803 525257 He does Blue Rex E...
  15. C

Homeopathic therapy on the news today,

Oh but Bach works wonders! I will definately be getting the book!
  16. C

Injections

Also remember to make sure the Vet uses two needles with the VHD vaccine. One to draw up and one to inject.
  17. C

New, young rabbit urine behaviour issue

She hasn't been there very long- maybe she just needs a few weeks to settle in and perhaps she is even a little stressed from moving to her new home? Does she have her own little hutch/cage? She might go to the toilet better if she had a place she knew was her own where she could hide, rest...
  18. C

Rabbit sitting dilemma

This is going to sound odd, but how are her droppings? If she's not eating her caecal pellets or producing sticky/loosely formed droppings use this to help the owner change her bunnies feeding plan. Say you are a little worried about bunny as her droppings show she has a slightly upset tummy and...
  19. C

How often..

I would never clean more than once a week, and I only properly disinfect twice annually. The biggest clean in spring. Dirty trays/corners are done daily. I don't like cleaning too much as there is good reason to believe that animals (and children) can be kept too clean, so making more suseptable...
  20. C

Rabbit's ear no longer pointing up

Perhaps Thrianta? I have heard of Flemish being prone to floppy ears in heat. If an indoor bunny it will be hotter for her than for outdoor bunnies (affecting moult too though not in the flemish as they like never come out of it anyway :roll: typical eh!). If no blemishes on ears and no signs...
Back