• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. neeshkabeesh

Vaccination cost

Just wondering how much your myxomatosis & VHD vaccination cost this year? I just paid £103 for two rabbits, I'm sure last year I paid nearer £80 altogether at the same practice.
  2. neeshkabeesh

Temperature inside hutch/shed vs outside

Has anyone taken the temperature of the outside vs. inside of their outdoor rabbit hutch or shed? Or better yet have a record over time of this. I can't find this on the forum or the internet, only information about how to insulate sheds or hutches, but not this sort of evidence saying it works.
  3. neeshkabeesh

Ear discomfort but nothing in the scope UPDATE tooth pulpectomy

We took our rabbits to the vets this evening for their RHD2 vaccine and I mentioned that I thought Juno had been flicking her head/ears about lately and scratching at them, mainly the right one. It's not the kind of flicking they do as a binky or in excitement, it's definitely a flick like her...
  4. neeshkabeesh

NIC cube stockist, to visit in person

Hi all, Does anyone know of a stockist in the North East of England or a national chain which sells NIC cubes or c&c cube panels? I would like to see them in person to see if they are worth getting, in terms of quality, strength, appearance and physical size really. I've never seen them in life...
  5. neeshkabeesh

Can you tell if a female is neutered?

I'm a foster carer for an animal charity and have a rabbit called Maisie at the moment. We were told she was neutered but I'm not sure. Is there a way to know, apart from having an operation? Can they have an ultrasound? She has a few behavioural characteristics that make me question it. She's...
  6. neeshkabeesh

Warty lump 3x1cm

I've just found this lump on Jess: http://i68.tinypic.com/15pnazl.jpg Don't know how I've missed it until now but it's about 3cm by 1cm on the skin around her rump, that is her left back leg at the bottom of the image. She is 11 years 9 months old. She is on metacam after developing a limp of...
  7. neeshkabeesh

Fear from a traumatic memory

Hi, my rabbits Jess and Timmy are indoors at the moment because when we had high winds a couple of months ago their double decker cage fell entirely backwards onto the ground during the night. Luckily they were stuck in the bedroom of the hutch unhurt. That day I brought them indoors so they've...
  8. neeshkabeesh

Recurrent conjunctivitis/eye infection with no visible teeth issue

Hello, my 10 year old Jess keeps getting eye problems. The first infection was thick, pale yellow mucus which stuck her eye together, the insides of her lids were very inflamed and red. I was given fucithalmic which I applied twice a day until symptoms disappeared. This was longer than the...
  9. neeshkabeesh

Get one friend or two, for older bun

Jess is on her own after her friend Phoebe was put to sleep a couple of months ago. I haven't got Jess a friend yet as I'm selling my house, wasn't sure about having a cage indoors with one of the rabbits in and having people view the house, and also because my hutch and run are old, I'd like a...
  10. neeshkabeesh

Double up your locks! Such a fright :(

Just got home after being out for the past eight hours to find my rabbit Jess sitting on the top of the rabbit run. They have a double hutch with run which is as high as half the height of the hutch and the upstairs door was closed but unlocked, she must have pushed it open, got onto the roof of...
  11. neeshkabeesh

drinking more than usual

Hi I have two rabbits, Phoebe aged 2 and Jess aged 8, theyre both neutered and live outside in a hutch and run. Ive noticed that they are going through a bottle of water a night whereas before theyve only drank a couple of inches of the rabbit size bottle (i lock them in the hutch about 10pm and...
  12. neeshkabeesh

tooth abscess & two others

Sorry this is long, its a four month story. My rabbit Phoebe is a lionhead and is a year old, although she is fully grown she is a small stunted rabbit. She has a tooth abscess in her upper jaw on her back left hand side. I only realised she had it when she got a big lump on her face under her...
  13. neeshkabeesh

7 year old now alone, do I get her a friend, or two?

This week my Rosie died, she was 9 years 4 months old :( My lionhead Jess, my remaining bunny, has just had her 7th birthday on Sunday. I really don't like the idea of her being alone. She is in the house at the moment for various reasons but shes always been an outdoor rabbit and will be going...
  14. neeshkabeesh

uneven surface for run/hutch

I have read about hutches with legs which you can adjust for uneven surfaces but has anyone heard of a run which you can move around but could be placed on uneven surfaces? My friend has just got a rabbit (soon to be two) but he can only put the run on certain parts of the garden because of a...
  15. neeshkabeesh

very young rabbits - how to help them

A friend of a friend's rabbit had its second accidental litter :( so my friend went round and came back with the last two babies. I went to see them today, I haven't seen a baby rabbit in years but these seem extremely small. They are six weeks old apparently and I wish they could go back to...
  16. neeshkabeesh

Still snotty after baytril and septrin

My eight year old rabbit Rosie has often had a slightly runny nose, had baytril and its gone away only to come back again. The vet told me not to come again unless she has other symptoms because baytril won't work when it really needs to. When shes had the runny nose she has been totally fine in...
  17. neeshkabeesh

moving house - affect on rabbits?

I am thinking of moving out but I would have to take my animals with me. I have two rabbits, Rosie (Polish) is 8yrs in March 09 and Jessica (lionhead) is 6yrs in August 09. They're neutered, vacc'd and live in a double hutch with run outside. When I was younger we moved house with our rabbits...
  18. neeshkabeesh

rats in garden - affecting rabbits?

For the past fortnight my mam has seen a rat running around the garden occassionally and I've just seen him this morning. He comes quite close to the run and could get inside if he tried, but he didn't come close and have a look which I think he would have done if he had found food in the run...
  19. neeshkabeesh

Vaccs at this time of year?

My friend's ex bought their daughter a rabbit, Fifi is 14 weeks. Over the past couple of years my vets have got me to move my rabbits' vaccinations to earlier in the year to about April so that they're well prepared for myxi/VHD time. Fifi has had no vaccs yet, it must be better to give her them...
  20. neeshkabeesh

Shes happy but I think she needs to be put to sleep (paralysis/EC?)

Honey was six years old this year in March and is a rex but she has lost quite a bit of weight so shes very light, I think shes about 2kg-something. She lives in a hutch and run with two other rabbits. She has been having problems with her back legs for a while, she started dragging them behind...
Back