• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. R

Bonding Disaster

It's been a while since I've posted on here. I've got a 9 year old neutered male who lost his partner last year. I got a new girl in May. I've been trying to get them to bond after leaving them side by side for a couple of weeks. Yesterday they had a massive fight so I don't think they will ever...
  2. R

Bandit July 2006- 1st August 2019

I found my beloved Bandit dead this morning. His health had deteriorated over the last couple of weeks to the point he couldn't use his back legs. He was on pain relief so I am sure he wasn't suffering. He really was a special little chap. He survived a nasty inner ear infection last year...
  3. R

Happy 12th Birthday!

It's Bandit's birthday so here he is chilling out: Playing: Eating:
  4. R

Oldest Rabbit

My boy Bandit is 12 tomorrow which is amazing considering how poorly he was in March. It got me thinking about old rabbits, what is the oldest rabbit you have or have had?
  5. R

Head Tilt

Hello, I've not posted on here for years but I am desperate for some advice. My dear old boy Bandit (nearly 12) developed a head tilt on 1st March. It has now got worse to the point where he's mostly lying down. He is still eating , but very small amounts. I took him to vet down the road last...
  6. R

Aviary / walk in run

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for an aviary to attach to the front of my shed? It will need to be 6 ft by 6ft by 6ft.
  7. R

Housing ideas please

I have recently bought my own place and I need to sort out my rabbit accommodation. At the moment they're in a pen in the porch when not in the run outside. Here is my shed. It is 6 ft by 10ft. I can't move it so I think I have to add a walk in run to the front. It needs new roofing felt...
  8. R

Rotten shed

I've just been out to clean my buns' shed and put the foot through the floor on closer inspection most of the floor is damp and rotten to such an extent that I took the whole floor out. Removed some of the wood from the sides as well. Parents made me put the shed in dark corner of the garden. I...
  9. R

Time to get a new companion

As some of you may recall I lost my beautiful Snowy in September leaving my boy Bandit alone. Although I was reluctant to get another I feel the time has come. For a time after Snowy's death he seemed quite sad, then he seemed ok by himself but now he's definitely sad again. I can't bear the...
  10. R

Snowy 2004- 2013

Today my beautiful Snowy was put to sleep. She was a special bunny, full of character. Very dominant and feisty. Always chewing on my clothes. I acquired her through Freeads in 2005. She was used for breeding and lived in a 3ft hutch. She was then spayed and matched up with Horris and later...
  11. R

Snowy has pasteurella

Yesterday I noticed Snowy's breathing was noisy and she had a lbit of a snotty nose . I took her to the vet where she was diagnosed with pasteurella and will need at least a month of antibiotics. They vet has said it's in the early stages. I'm taking Snowy back to the vet tomorrow. She's 7 years...
  12. R

My pets in the garden

Bandit Snowy In their shed run Panth Nutkin Marmite Fez
  13. R

Daniel

I got Daniel in March 2007 from the RSPCA. He was estimated to be 2 or 3 years old. Yesterday he was out eating grass and playing with his girlfriends. This morning I found him dead. :cry::cry::cry: My favourite photo of him
  14. R

Bandit's had babies!

What do I do?
  15. R

Snowy & Bandit

I haven't posted photos for a while. The pigs Best photo I have taken recently with all three in. How they love to poo in the green tunnel :roll: The buns
  16. R

Megazorb

I can't find any local stockists of Megazorb and I want to try it. Where is cheapest to buy online? I'd buy one or two bags. Or does anyone in my area East Devon near both Somerset and Dorset borders know where I can find some? I'd be most grateful.
  17. R

Bunny on ebay- Tamworth

Can anyone help with little fella? I haven't reported it yet in case someone here is able to take him. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOP-EARED-RABBIT-SILVER-GREY-TAN-VERY-TAME_W0QQitemZ130195749950QQihZ003QQcategoryZ63513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  18. R

Various lovely pets

Guinea pigs I love this photo of Danny My lovely buns Kittens in July Kittens now: :love::love::love:
  19. R

Fattening a bun up

Bandit is a bit underweight. I can feel his ribs. He eats plenty of hay and some Excel pellets. I've tried giving him more excel but this results in excess soft poos. I'm sure I read about giving rabbits oats to increase their weight. Any ideas?
  20. R

Bonding progress..I think?

Snowy and her new husbun (I hope) Snowy still has a few issues with Bandit. I think she's moulding him into her ideal man (what a gal ;) ) He was grooming her today. She chases him but doesn't pull fur out. I've put them in the shed together for the first time tonight. Hopefully they'll be...
Back