• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Best brush for lionheads?

I got him from a shelter so I'm not completely sure, but my rabbit Albert appears to be a cross between a Netherland dwarf and a Lionhead. I have always struggled to groom the long fur around his head, especially since he doesn't like to be touched. I wondered if anyone could suggest any...
  2. B

New rabbit has serious 'dandruff'

I just brought home a rabbit from a shelter. The manager did let me know he's got some dandruff, but now I've got a closer look at home I can see the rabbit's got a problem that needs to be fixed. I've never had a rabbit with mites before, but my first impression is that this looks like walking...
  3. B

How to introduce a new, bigger rabbit to my dwarf rabbit?

Recently my rabbit Henry passed away, leaving Albert the lionhead/Netherland dwarf cross behind. To give an idea of how small he is, he weight 1.0kg. Today I went to pick up a lop from a shelter so that Albert wouldn't be alone, but there was a problem once I got there so I was directed towards...
  4. B

Rabbit hunched and lethargic after a cold night and little fall

Thank you, I remember that's exactly what Albert was given when he had head tilt. I've ordered some, I'll come back with an update about how Albert's doing.
  5. B

Panacur is what Albert was given when he had it, I think it was in the 18.75% oral paste form. I'm ordering some now, thanks for your help!
  6. B

Thank you for your help! That could be it. I am reading about it now, Albert (my other rabbit) never had this symptom but hind leg weakness is a symptom of e cuniculi, and Henry (the one who has passed) wasn't stretching his legs out as much as usual when he was running yesterday. It was such a...
  7. B

Thank you! He was vaccinated, however his top ups were almost due. I'm not sure how exact it is when they say the vaccines last for a year so perhaps it was something to do with that. I will say we almost always have wild rabbits on or closeby to our land, and while they seem okay I don't know...
  8. B

Thank you for everyone's input! So he did seem to improve a bit yesterday, but still I took him to the vets to be on the safe side and they checked his back and limbs, they said there were no problems and he had probably just hurt himself somehow. They noted he had lost a lot of weight which I...
  9. B

I'd appreciate anyone's insight - Every morning when I open the hutch the first thing I do is clean it. So this morning I was sweeping the hay out of the room the rabbits sleep in, and one of them (Henry) was moving towards the hay as if he wanted to be near it, which he doesn't usually do. I...
Back