• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. L

Friend for my 8 year old bun or not??

Hi, I originally had 4 bunnies, 2 of which were rescue ones, and they were in 2 sets of 2. I have now ended up with one on her own, and have a dilemma. As she is now 8 years old, do I still try and find her a partner, as I know how much happier they are in pairs? I don't know how many years she...
  2. L

Bramble 2004-2007

Bramble, died peacefully in his sleep yesterday and the whole family is heartbroken. He was off his food the day before and had died when i went to check the next morning. I knew something was wrong when his partner, Maisie, had hay in her mouth which she was taking to him to keep him warm. This...
  3. L

Overweight Bunny Advice!

Thanks for that Sophie. I think that I will leave things as they are since everyone is happy. I have also got a friend that doesn't mind looking after them if I go away (she is very animal friendly!), and all my bunnies were very good for her when she looked after them for a couple of days last...
  4. L

Overweight Bunny Advice!

Thanks for the tips! I might suggest that when he goes back home and has settled in again, to cut out the pellets for a bit, but I will see how is weight reduction does whilst he is with me. The 2 boys are getting on fine, with no more escapees now they all have bigger runs. We have even had...
  5. L

Overweight Bunny Advice!

I am looking after my friend's bunny (Secret) for the next 3 weeks who is Maisie's litter brother. He has been kept mainly as a house bunny and fed a lot of mix which is very low in fibre (9%). I have persuaded his owner to change to Science Selective pellets which I am doing for her, but I am a...
  6. L

Playhouse made fun !!!

The panels are advertised on the Rabbit Rehome website, but the link to the product is: http://pwsgreenline.co.uk/webstore/product_info.php/products_id/49 I have bought several packs and they make very good runs. P.S. Don't forget to mention the rabbit rehome website if you buy the panels, so...
  7. L

Yalta just back from being Spayed

That sounds hopeful, but keep an eye on her tomorrow. You might want to get some Metacam for her in the morning just to keep her pain relief up. Bluebell didn't show any sign of pain until the injection had worn off the next morning, when she just kept shifting her position around as if she...
  8. L

Yalta just back from being Spayed

I hope she recovers soon!! Just one thing to keep an eye out for though. When I had Bluebell spayed she had apparently eaten at the vets before I picked her up and ate a little bit of grass that evening before I went to bed, but the next day I think she must have been in a lot of pain and...
  9. L

My Unusual Run!!

Sorry for not getting the right rabbits Jeremy, the rabbit with the white nose in that picture is Blackberry. For those that may remember, he was Sammy from ARC and he is very cute and Bluebell loves him loads :love: !! You don't have to have kids around for getting a trampoline :wink: , even...
  10. L

My Unusual Run!!

Thanks Adele! Actually it was my husband's idea (although don't tell him he occassionally has good ideas!). The only time it it has a drawback is when I have to try and catch them if they are being naughty! I then end up crawling around!! :lol: :lol: Luckily most of the time they are very...
  11. L

My Unusual Run!!

The rabbits in the photo are actually Maisie and Bramble. Bramble is in the litter tray and Maisie is lying down outside. Good idea Tamsin, using storage crates filled with soil. I will test them soon (need to keep hubby happy!).
  12. L

My Unusual Run!!

I am hoping that if they have a nice big run, then Maisie will be less inclined to dig big holes!! Any tips for hiding holes in grass from husband??!! I can't put loads of plant pots all over the lawn to try to cover up the holes!!! :lol:
  13. L

My Unusual Run!!

I have had a few problems with my escapees though (Maisie and Bramble, of course)!! Bramble has even been on the front drive but my neighbours shooed him back, and thankfully he is easy to catch. They are all much happier with loads of space, and I have now ordered some more panels so that I...
  14. L

My Unusual Run!!

Yes, they all have great fun, and I have even seen Bluebell go mad and leap about (I don't think she thinks it is a very ladylike thing to do)!!
  15. L

Sawdust - Please Read

I have also switched from shavings to Megazorb, which I just put in their litter trays. I have found a local stables where I can just get a couple of bags at a time, and they seem to last well.
  16. L

metacam use in rabbits ?

Both my female rabbits have been on this, although I did have trouble to start with, as they were in so much pain they wouldn't eat anything, therefore they wouldn't take the Metacam. I ended up putting it on a piece of apple, which they would then eat.
  17. L

My Unusual Run!!

I thought you might like to see my unusual run. It was actually my husband's idea (which I dismissed at first) and it has turned out to be very good!! Yes, it is under a 10ft trampoline!! The rabbits do not even mind the children jumping on the trampoline, and it has solved the problem of the...
  18. L

Where did you get your first bunny? (Again)

After reading all your stories, I thought I would add mine on! We have had loads of different pets from when I was about 6 years old, with the first being a pair of gerbils. These turned out to be different sexes and before we knew it we had 3 litters!! Next I had goldfish (kept dying!) and...
  19. L

Vaccinations?

My vets encourage all rabbits to have both vaccinations and have posters around the surgery so that people can read it. We are in a high risk mxyi area, but they also said that VHD can be brought into the house on your clothing, so house bunnies are also at risk.
  20. L

Look what Sophie's got...!!

Don't know where else you get them from. I've not seen them in the shops. Who fancies testing one on their bunnies? Mine live outside, so not quite as good on the grass, but they might be good in the winter when I let them run around the house, as our floors are quite cold (no carpet!).
Back