• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J

Do the RSPCA ever rehome rabbits longish distance?

Yes we have adopted twice out of our area from RSPCA, in our case the branch we adopted from organised with the local branch near to do an homecheck. once homecheck in place they report back to the branch and away you go. Maybe email the branch explain your situation which we did as like...
  2. J

Hay disaster!!! :( :( :(

It is a hay place, but they do sell animal feed, carrots etc. We have been going for many years now. Our two boys chomp it quite happily.
  3. J

Hay disaster!!! :( :( :(

You aren't a million miles away from where we get our bales from in Greenmount, Tottington, Bury close to Greenmount Cricket Club. So a quick hop off the motorway through Ramsbottom and its not that far. I couldn't tell you the the name only it is off Greenmount Road, car drives itself there...
  4. J

Online abuse today :(

Don't normally comment on forums, but having read your post felt I needed to comment. Robin is happy your happy. That's is all that ever matters. We had something similar for taking in a single rescue bun who had been in and out and swapped between rescues for eight years, she was a fiesty...
  5. J

Loo rolls and water bowls....

oh yes, this is Dinky's speciality too, together with rattles, balls, everything ends up in his water bowl, Tuesday he must have been doing a scientific experiment to see how many toys could fit into his bowl as they were strategically placed on top of one another, funny nothing ends up in his...
  6. J

Good experiences with the RSPCA in any capacity

Two of our three buns come from RSPCA, Milly from RSPCA Salford & Snowy from RSPCA Blackpool, it took roughly two weeks to get the homecheck done for Snowy, as we were outside the Blackpool area, being in Bury, but we could not fault Blackpool's commitment in getting someone to come and do the...
  7. J

Why are the RSPCA so annoying :-(

[With regards the 'misguided description' - this is not entirely false since you are a stranger going to meet them and more than likely they will be wary. A big frustration of mine is people wanting to adopt an animal and wanting it to be friendly and cuddly from the offset. This takes time and...
  8. J

Foster Wanted: Urgent Foster: Huddersfield for 2 buns asap. To be housed separately.

Just bumping this up for you. I am thinking these two girls were on rabbit rehome many many months ago. Remember them because our two girly gerbils have the same names. if I recall their story, I think they were dumped outside Pets at Home in Glossop?, then adopted and change in circumstances...
  9. J

Another post about toothless bunnies...sorry :P

Snowy, thankfully is a good hay eater, will chomp and chomp, he has science selective pellets, we have never softened them as he copes very well at eating them, only thing, like Tinsel above has posted, his greens do need to be sliced up really small because that he does struggle with. What...
  10. J

Toys for toothless bunnies?

Our Snowy loves teddy bears, he has four he plays with, fussing, licking, moving them about with his head,(not supposed to tell anyone though):lol: also like digging, as everyone else has said, he does have a rattle ball which he knudges with his nose to move it round.
  11. J

Boarding Manchester

Peggy Hendersons (SSA for Abandoned Animals) near Sale just off the A56 next to the Canal (Barfoot Bridge) have started doing boarding now, they are an animal sanctuary so you will find number if look on rabbit rehome
  12. J

Loving - Lionhead --Buck- needs home

can ask where is Leo living at the moment accommodation wise?
  13. J

URGENT - Pair of boys to be PTS, U/D They are here

hope these boys find home today, sorry we can't help, we are too far away. Am just bumping this thread up again.
  14. J

Loving - Lionhead --Buck- needs home

He's lovely yes, I can understand, sometimes you have to go with your gut instincts. Am surprised none of the rescues have been helpful to you. Are you North or South Manchester?
  15. J

Can't Understand Some of the Rabbits..

[ I really want to get a rescue bun for him but i am a bit worried i wont pass the critiria for a rescue even though i know i give Stan a good home and he is a very happy bun :love:. maybe this puts people off as its no questions asked at pet shops? :( Think you have hit the nail on the...
  16. J

Can't Understand Some of the Rabbits..

Think it won't get any better until these shops stop selling bunnies, its not the bunnies fault they are in there, its just a fact of life.:( Its a bit like we all know we should support our local shop but the vast majority of us use the supermarket instead. Thus, if want a bunny, joe public...
  17. J

How are you meant to forget about somebun who you know you just can't help?

Don't think you can get them out of your mind because you care, you just have to walk away and think we already have two and what affect would it have on them, would it lessen the time and attention you spent with them by having more. In my case heart usually rules the head, thankfully my...
  18. J

Never going back to RSPCA waste of time

Think it is fair to say for every bad experience adopting wise from RSPCA there are equally postive adoptions like us who went via the RSPCA:D
  19. J

Never going back to RSPCA waste of time

aww sorry you have had a bad experience with an RSPCA; two of our bunnies have been adopted from them and we had positive and helpful support from them and as others have previously said above they are run independently. Some of the difficulty of staffing may be down to funding and relying...
  20. J

would you like to see a secret ive been keeping ?

aww he is gorgeous Lisa, look at his little nose, he is so cute:love::love::love:
Back