• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. A

Friend's rabbit hasn't eaten or drunk by herself in 2 weeks

As per the title. My friend doesn't live in my country so I can't 'send' her to my exotics vets who are great. Her vets' recommendation for metacam is very different to ours (if working out different kg etc). She's giving the bunny 0.4mg for a 2.5kg bunny twice a day. We give ours ~1.5mg for...
  2. A

Looking for another hay supplier and advice for constant statis

When we first got our rabbits we bought the Pets at Home hay, which we never saw any issues with however we noticed the quality was awful so we switched to the hay from timothyhay.co.uk. Unfortunately, whilst it makes sense that boxes from there will differ in colour and quality, we've had...
  3. A

Opinion from you guys please

Hi all. Went out to my rabbits this morning who were in their shed. One of them has always been a lot more laid back, goes into deep sleeps, plays a bit less. But this morning he just seems more tired. He was asleep when I went in the shed but hasn't really woken completely - he's out in his...
  4. A

Pet sitter/boarding in Hampshire area

Can anyone recommend a boarder/pet sitter for bunnies? I'm having trouble finding places that make vaccinations mandatory, but realise it could just be that it's not on the websites. I looked into Chestnut Corner but they're closed for now.
  5. A

Rabbits chewing lino etc

Hoping this is the right sub-forum for this :? The buns are eating the lino covering the kickboard in the shed. (We've got the lino going up the sides of the shed a little way in order to protect the walls from wee.) From what I can tell most of it wasn't ingested, though a little seemed to...
  6. A

Straw and brick dust

We had a builder in last week and unfortunately the boxes of straw we've got have some brick dust on them (thought it would be far enough away). The top of the boxes are sealed with sellotape but there are handles on the side that aren't sealed over. Is it salvageable or do I need to buy new...
  7. A

Post-spay help badly needed!

Hi all, Our bun was spayed yesterday. All is well now except that she is often cleaning the wound, which John said is okay, but every now and then she's biting it. Reason help is needed is that between me an OH we've supervised her the entire time up to now but OH can't keep staying off work...
  8. A

Moving bunnies inside when they have their winter coat

Both buns will be in the house whilst our girl is spayed and fingers crossed, recovers. They've both pretty much finished molting, only a few hairs are flying out when I stroke them, which I'm guessing means their winter coat is complete. Would having them inside for this long affect their...
  9. A

Shed ventilation

We're looking at 8x6 sheds (big enough for two buns?) Is a shed with a window that doesn't open okay? We're wondering if adding a vent or two near the ceiling would make it a possibility. The sheds with opening windows are nice but it would be difficult/impossible to add a mesh to stop the buns...
  10. A

Food when travelling to vets

I'm one of those using a vets a bit of a trek from home - is it okay to have hay in the carrier when the rabbit's in for a spay? I'm trying to prepare for the balance of her having food but not creating a problem once there are wounds - should I just ask the vets to clear out the hay before...
  11. A

Foraging: Leaf questions

If there are rabbit-friendly leaves falling in the same place as unfriendly ones, is it okay to use the good ones? Also, would it be okay to post a bunch of pictures here? I've identified a couple of plants but not many.
  12. A

Rat under rabbit hutch

So today I saw a baby rat poke its head out from underneath the hutch. I chased it off but we later took a shovel to the area to see if it had gone and it was back. Can we put rat poison down in a box underneath the hutch? The rabbit can't get under there at all - no free roam in the garden and...
  13. A

Prepping for winter

Anxious still-new rabbit owner... We're going to get a shed for the bunnies but we've some prep to do first that may not be finished until next year, so we're stuck with hutches for the winter. We've put insulation sheets on either side of the hutches (the polystyrene stuff they use in houses)...
  14. A

Less frequent clean outs?

If the bunnies aren't soiling their bedroom area at all (lined with newspaper and straw) is it okay to do a full clean out fortnightly instead of once a week? The hutch is outside. The last couple of weeks I've been doing my weekly clean (everything removed and replaced, hutch disinfected) and...
  15. A

Hello and Hampshire vet question

Hi everyone, I'm a new rabbit owner. I've got a 12 week old brother and sister, mini lops. They've been separated early - I found what I thought were the boy's balls on his belly at 10 1/2 weeks, confirmed later when he tried to mount his sister. He's been a bit upset about the separation but...
Back