• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Coccidiosis from chickens to rabbits - prevention?

Hi all, I was on a rabbit Facebook group earlier and there was a thread about lawnmower clippings. Somehow I got onto the topic of coccidiosis with another person who was warning me about the potential for it to be transferred between chickens and rabbits. We have 7 ex battery hens who free...
  2. S

Lola is in GI Stasis :(

Hello all! Yesterday evening at around 6:45 I went out to check on Basil and Lola. I noticed tht Lola didn't run out to meet me and had instead stayed in the top of her hutch which is rather unlike her. She often sits in there to go to sleep but usually follows Basil out. My immediate thought...
  3. S

Scabby section on the middle of the back

While I was feeding my rabbits this morning, I noticed that Bear had a scabby patch on his back. The fur just came out with dried skin on the end but he didn’t seem to bothered by it. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea what it is? I was thinking it might be some sort of skin infection...
  4. S

400g weight loss - advice on gaining weight

I previously posted on here about my rabbit Bear's weepy eye. After a few weeks the vet eventually concluded that he had a blocked tear duct due to sharp spurs on his back teeth. They filed them off and his eye improved but I was still having to drain it almost daily with some gentle pressure...
  5. S

Not eating at all after spay

My rabbit Lola was spayed today and hasn’t eaten much at all. The vet said that she had eaten very little after she woke up and she hasn’t eaten since I got her home (about 4 hours ago). They said that I should syringe feed her some critical care but she is refusing to take it, she’s even...
  6. S

The Reality of Owning Rabbits!

Hi everyone, I have to do a presentation on any topic that interests me, and I thought it would be good to do it on the reality of owning rabbits. I figured any information that I can get out to people about this is good, as there are many misconceptions about owning rabbits. I was just...
  7. S

Eye problem with Bear

Over the last couple of weeks, I noticed that my English Lop Bear had quite a leaky eye. I didn't think anything of it as it wasn't very bad and he didn't have any other symptoms for me to be worried about. However, I had him out with Snowy for some floor time on Saturday and noticed that the...
  8. S

Indoor cage for 3 bunnies

Hi, I'm in the process of getting new bunnies after my previous bun Sam died a few months ago (RIP Sam :cry::love:) I have been looking for a large indoor cage suitable for housing 3 bunnies. They would only be in it for a few hours during the day and possibly overnight and then free range in my...
Back