• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Coccidiosis from chickens to rabbits - prevention?

Thank you so much for the link. I'm glad I checked now as I was about to entirely disregard it due to a lack of information on here when I looked. Hopefully more people are aware of this than I thought.
  2. S

Coccidiosis from chickens to rabbits - prevention?

Hi all, I was on a rabbit Facebook group earlier and there was a thread about lawnmower clippings. Somehow I got onto the topic of coccidiosis with another person who was warning me about the potential for it to be transferred between chickens and rabbits. We have 7 ex battery hens who free...
  3. S

Lola is in GI Stasis :(

Thank you everyone again for your kind messages. It is with my deepest sadness to say that sadly Basil passed away in the night. I went out this morning to feed him and give him a cuddle to find that he had passed. I am absolutely beside myself with sadness as this was so unepected. I feel so...
  4. S

Ok, I think we will do that. Thank you from both of us x
  5. S

Thank you so much everyone for your kind messages. They really mean a lot to me and I'm sure Lola would appreciate them as well. This was so sudden and unexpected that I still haven't quite come to terms with what has happened. I keep expecting to see her hopping around, munching on hay. Basil...
  6. S

Thank you all for your replies. I am really sad to say that I went out at 9:40 to find that Lola had passed. Whilst I knew that she was very very poorly, I didn't expect her to pass on so soon. I was about to take her back to the vets when I went out to check on her. She was vaccinated so I...
  7. S

Hello all! Yesterday evening at around 6:45 I went out to check on Basil and Lola. I noticed tht Lola didn't run out to meet me and had instead stayed in the top of her hutch which is rather unlike her. She often sits in there to go to sleep but usually follows Basil out. My immediate thought...
  8. S

Scabby section on the middle of the back

I’m hoping so too! Thank you:)
  9. S

I took Bear in this evening for the vet to check him over. He said that it was probably caused by a metacam injection he has when his teeth were last done so it’s nothing to worry about. However, he did say that if it grew and became more scabby then it is probably mites and to bring him in...
  10. S

From reading the link about mites, I think that is probably the most likely cause so I’m going to book him into the vets just encase :) but let me know if you have any other ideas
  11. S

It isn’t massive, a little larger than 1cm across and slightly egg shaped. He does have a housemate and they but they are both neutered and don’t ever really fight, however I will check. He had his spurs filed down on the 18th of October (he has a chronic tooth problem so he hasn’t it done every...
  12. S

While I was feeding my rabbits this morning, I noticed that Bear had a scabby patch on his back. The fur just came out with dried skin on the end but he didn’t seem to bothered by it. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea what it is? I was thinking it might be some sort of skin infection...
  13. S

400g weight loss - advice on gaining weight

That is a very good point but I doubt that a year would be long enough to see obvious differences. Bear would have been fed on a muesli diet for at least 2 years of his life before we got him. However, I can appreciate why you may not be concerned as his brother would probably have been fed on...
  14. S

Thank you for your reply. Regardless as to whether you have had any problems yet or not, muesli mix is not good for rabbits at all and It isn’t worth the risk of something bad happening. Please spare yourself and your rabbits the potential effects of muesli by swapping to complete pellets like...
  15. S

Thank you for the link, I’ll definitely try the oats as that seems to work quite well. I’m assuming I should soak them in water so that they do not swell in his stomach? Or are they ok dry?
  16. S

Thank you so much for your reply. I think i'll try the critical care and baby food as he does seem to like it, and i'll try the others you suggested as well :)
  17. S

I previously posted on here about my rabbit Bear's weepy eye. After a few weeks the vet eventually concluded that he had a blocked tear duct due to sharp spurs on his back teeth. They filed them off and his eye improved but I was still having to drain it almost daily with some gentle pressure...
  18. S

Not eating at all after spay

That’s just what the vet said. Hopefully onwards and upwards from here! Not something I ever want to deal with again. Thank you for all of your help, I don’t know how I would have coped without it ☺️
  19. S

She was absolutely fine last night. No licking that I noticed when I was awake and I managed to get some critical care in her by hiding it in basil leaves! Ended up doing some work last night so it’s actually working out quite well and I still have enough energy for it during the day! We are...
  20. S

Thank you for such a kind message ☺️ My rabbits are like my babies, as I’m sure many others can relate! I’m really glad that her temperature is back to normal as well because that really was quite worrying. The itchiness is a good point and would definitely make sense as to why she is fiddling...
Back