• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Bony growth - Apollo passed away

Thank you I didn’t remove him from their cage until she’d moved away from him, she was at the opposite side of the cage when I did remove him. I keep going in their room and talking to her, she’s had a little carrot as a treat. She’s quite a standoffish rabbit at the best of times so she’ll...
  2. B

Having had very little sleep checking on him every couple of hours and feeding him a little sometime between 5:30 - 7:30 Apollo passed away. I found his partner, Pebbles, lying next to his body. I think the anaesthetic was too much for whatever had made him suddenly unwell. I’m thinking more now...
  3. B

Thank you, seems like there’s nothing much I can do for him except for make sure he is comfortable. He’s home, looks groggy and unhappy after his anaesthetic but his wifey is snuggled up next to him, so she’s keeping him warm.
  4. B

I just want him to be as comfortable as he can be for as long as he wants to be. But I don’t think removing either mass is going to be an option 😢
  5. B

When I fed my rabbits last night my 5yr old male lop, Apollo, was eating slowly, not like he normally does. I felt his chin and found there was a hard lump under his chin. This morning he had no interest in anything and sat hunched. I called the vet and and got a cancellation. When the very came...
  6. B

Finally living together......

They are in my spare bedroom so once I feel confident they are happy together they will have the room to roam around too.
  7. B

Thank you. They have been in adjacent cages since October so I guess they got to know each other. They are the same breed and pretty much the same size now too (one of the reasons I waited this long as it didn't seem right letting the lump that is Apollo mount a little dainty Pebbles). I'm not...
  8. B

Things are still looking good this morning, no injuries, no clumps of fur missing. They have both come and said hello to me and have taken a little slice of carrot. I even saw Pebbles (doe) give Apollo (buck) a quick lick on his ear after he had scratched it. I have to say they both look happier...
  9. B

[/URL][/IMG] The new couple (if this has worked)
  10. B

Thank you both for your replies. I have checked on them a few times, they seem okay, eating, cleaning themselves and sitting with each other. Pebbles (my doe) has had a good explore of the cage and at one point was using Apollo (my buck) as a step to sniff higher, he never reacted. He mounts her...
  11. B

I just checked on them and she ran straight to him to hide so she obviously feels comfortable with him. He just seems quite relaxed.
  12. B

My neutered male and female rabbits have been living in adjacent cages for months (waiting for the doe to be old enough to be spayed). All introductions have gone okay, he mounts her, she doesn't care, they lie down together, eat together but have never groomed each other. There's never been...
  13. B

First time bonding

Hi, he's definitely the dominant one as things stand, he does it when she is still so maybe that is it, she doesn't react like it is hurting her in any way, and I checked for scratches but there aren't any, he does it right on the top of her back.
  14. B

First time bonding

I have introduced my rabbits for the first time today (they have spent months in adjacent cages waiting for my girl to be old enough for spaying). They are both neutered and under 1yr. All seems to have gone well, Apollo (buck) mounted Pebbles (doe) and she didn't complain, we had circling with...
  15. B

Recovering from spaying.

Quick up date on my little girl (she's called Pebbles). She's had no pain relief since post op in the vet's surgery and she is completely back to her normal self. All nuggets, hay and veg (given as her normal tea time routine) have been devoured overnight, drinking normally too. Really pleased...
  16. B

Cataract

He's great thank you. The cloudiness hasn't got worse so I think he has some sight it that eye, and his other eye is still clear. He seems so have gotten used to it as he isn't jumpy (from being surprised) like he was when it first happened.
  17. B

Recovering from spaying.

Nope, no pain relief to bring home, I did ask but they don't give it unless necessary. I've just given her her routine evening feed and she has jumped on her veg and eaten in like she would normally do so I am feeling much happier now.
  18. B

Recovering from spaying.

I have just checked on on her and she's lying in her cage with her back feet out to the side looking quite chilled so hopefully not feeling too much discomfort.
  19. B

Recovering from spaying.

Thank you, I have checked the would this morning and this afternoon and it no longer looks angry like it did when she came home yesterday. Hopefully she's just trying to make me feel guilty, it seems an awful proceedure to put a little girl through but I know it's for the best. And she will be...
  20. B

Recovering from spaying.

Thank you, she has a check up next week, I had expected her to just nibble what she fancied for a little while but hearing that they expected her to be eating normally this morning threw me a little. My other rabbit was back to normal within 36 hours but that was after castration so not as hard...
Back