• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Losing one half of a bonded pair

Hi everyone, as per the title, I lost my lovely boy Oscar on Friday. He was almost 10 years old and had been with his wife bun Roxy for 9 years. One of the worst parts of it all for me is seeing Roxy on her own. She seems fine in herself at the minute, she's eating well and hopping about but I...
  2. B

Enlarged Liver/Tumour

Sorry for the long post but just after some advice;) My 8 year old rabbit Roxy has frequently had tummy issues from being a baby. Over the years she has had numerous vet visits for tummy pain/stasis but there have also been occasions where I have caught it early and given her pain relief at home...
  3. B

Dental Question

Upon recent examination for other issues (arthritis, UTI, stasis) my vet pointed out my 6 year old bunny might need to go under GA and have her teeth examined. She said she has a small misalignment on one side but it isn't a spur and she doesn't think it's causing her current issues. I didn't...
  4. B

Tips for medicating a stubborn little bunny!

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for medicating a rabbit. My 5 year old girl Roxy has been diagnosed with slight arthritis in her back and has a daily dose of Metacam. I would love to be able to give it to her without having to pick her up and wrestle with her but she will not have it. I've...
  5. B

Does anyone know what this is?

I noticed this on my beautiful boys ear this morning, does anyone know what it might be. I've felt it and it isn't a lump or bump, it doesn't feel any different to the rest of his ear it just looks a bit red. It doesn't seem to be bothering him and he isn't scratching at it....i'm hoping the...
  6. B

Snuffly Bun

So last Monday evening, my 5 year old boy bun Oscar had a few sneezes and although there was no discharge, he sounded a little bit snuffly. He was making little nasal noises while eating and preening that sounded like their should be snots but there wasn't...that I could see. I was all prepared...
  7. B

Strange Question About Fleas

Bit of a strange question but I'm going to ask it anyway.... My neighbour has asked me to feed her cat while she's away for the next 5 days. They are lovely neighbours and I couldn't say no to them but I'm a bit concerned as, without wanting to sound nasty, their house isn't the cleanest. I'm...
  8. B

Advice 're UTI

So after an episode of statis in February, my bunny Roxy had a couple of wees behind the sofa which was highly unusual for her but I put it down to the stress of me medicating her and everything was fine after that. Last month I was away and my parents had both rabbits at their house and when I...
  9. B

Worried about my bunny...

Can anyone advise whether I'm just worrying unnecessarily about my bunny. Roxy is 4 year old and I had her to the vets yesterday as she wasn't interested in her food and no poos. I recognise the symptoms as for some strange reason this happens every year roundabout this time and she's always...
  10. B

Bad News for Tyne & Wear Bunny Parents

Not sure if its meant to be common knowledge or not but I have heard that the fabulous Honor Etherington is leaving Sunderland Vets 4 Pets at the end of June :( Going to a practice in Hexham so good news for Northumberland bunny parents...
  11. B

Roxy's watery eye.

My house bunny Roxy is coming up 4 years old and for the past couple of weeks she's had a slight watery right eye. She doesn't have any other symptoms, no sneezing, runny nose etc and her other eye is completely fine. I took her to the vet a week gone Friday, my usual rabbit savvy vet was on...
Back