• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Ear base accesses

Just looking for anyone in put on their experience with ear base accesses? 10-11 year old lol been with me just over 18 months, wax build up/abcess always been managed with cleaning initially every 2 weeks, but got worse recently and now needs every day or 2. Ears were uncleanes for 5-6 days...
  2. B

Help me understand behaviour please...

I'll try and keep this brief but include all relevant info.
  3. B

Clarification on safe OTC creams

Can someone just clarify what creams are bunny safe for sores? Sudocrem Savlon Germoline They are all considered safe for rats but Google is suggesting the cetrimid in savlon isn't safe? The Germoline I assume smells far to strong for a bunny? Sudocrem seems to be ok... my vet hasn't told...
  4. B

Blocked tear ducts - facial sores

Old man Bobby (RSPCA bun) has completly blocked tear ducts we tried to flush then when he had a dental a few months ago but they are literally obliterated due to sever neglect in his previous home resulting in excessive facial sores. Any tips on how to reduce sores reoccurring and the best...
  5. B

Charlie seems unhappy ☹

Charlie is fine, he's eating and pooping and to anyone else he would look like a perfectly normal bunny but something about him just feels off and has done for the last few weeks. Lilly got poorly (dental issues, fixed now) and on the same day I had a new livingroom rug. Lilly was very quiet...
  6. B

Nugget free diet - What do I need to know?

Im considering switching my dental bunny to a nugget free diet (she would still have a few nuggets fed as "treats" but as few as possible), at this point i dont know how frequent her dentals will be, ive had her 3 weeks and she had her first dental on monday, i dont know where her last dental...
  7. B

3rd special needs bun.... am I insane?

So in May I adopted Charlie 6 1/2 years old from the RSPCA his biography said he had a history of untreated pasturella and as a result would likely have frequent eye infections. I figured a bunny advertised as needing regular veterinary care would hard to place so he came home with me. Had 2...
  8. B

Microchipping

Has anyone had their bunnies microchipped conscious? My 2 atm were chipped by the RSPCA, I assume under GA when they went for their neutered. I've got a female reserved from the bluecross but I don't think she is microchipped and i think that will get it done (it's abit weird apparently she's...
  9. B

What would you do?

So I adopted Charlie in May and Bobby in July, the plan was to try and bond them. They are both male so was always going to be a long shot but Bobby has alot of health issues and has already been looking for a home for months so I figured it was worth a try. The plan was if things wouldn't...
  10. B

Carrot houses, hay filled cubes etc safe?

So they look like they are made from cardboard, but the listing says parchment which Google says is animal skin. Charlie loved to devour his 100% "edible" cube but are these things really safe? Or are they like the Snack a Shack stuff that's basically sawdust and honey? Also are the various...
  11. B

Otoscope

Does anyone have their own otoscope to monitor there's buns teeth? After the drama I had with Bobby last week I'd really like to be able to begin learning to assess teeth myself so I don't have to rely on a vet! I don't want a really expensive one, the ones that link to you phone...
  12. B

10 days post bonding - Bitten ear and unprovoked nipping

Bobby and Charlie have been together since last Monday so 10 days, we had a few bumps in the wrong on a few of their dates but I believe that was due to Charlie insisting on humping Bobby and Bobby getting angry due to the pain from his arthritis. I've had no problems with them at all in the...
  13. B

Excessive drinking/urination and weightloss

I had Bobby from the RSPCA 3 weeks ago, 8-9 year old castrated male. Suffers from sever spinal arthritis. First week he was ok, drank more the Charlie but he's bigger than Charlie and it wasn't considerably more. 2 weeks ago started drinking 750ml sometimes abit more a day. Ran in house...
  14. B

House rabbit in the rain?

Is it ok for a house bunny to have access outside in the rain as long as they have free access back into the house? Or at the very least shelter? Obviously not on a really cold day or in torrential rain, just mild but depressing damp days I don't want them getting cold and wet if it's bad for...
  15. B

Catio or run?

I have a patio area with a 3ft wall all around it, so technically I just need a little gate and they have a secure area to play in. However the local cats like to watch them 😤 so I pretty much have to stay outside with them, which isn't really practical when I have things to do and they refuse...
  16. B

Bonding 2 older males - body language advise please

So I'm attempting to bond Charlie (6) and Bobby (8/9). Charlie is pretty much perfectly healthy, Bobby has spinal arthritis, blocked test ducts and ears that accumulate wax. I've split Charlie's kitchen in half with a mesh divide, disinfected the whole kitchen Charlie has one half, Bobby has...
  17. B

Changes to Eravac vaccine

Is anyone aware of any changes to the Eravac vaccine licence? We have switched from Filavc to Eravac at work and when I questioned it no one seemed sure. They just said there was some change to the licencing, and filavac is only licenced for meat market rabbits? We don't have a big rabbit...
  18. B

Charlie's bonding failed ☹

Charlie (6 year old neutered male, adopted from rspca 7ish weeks ago) spent the last 4 days at a rescue centre in an attempt to bond him to a similar aged female. Despite it initially going well the female was too feisty and ultimately the bonding failed. I'm so sad for my little man ☹ I...
  19. B

Storing forage

For those of you who forage but don't have time every day how do you store it and how long does it last? Atm I've got brambles, Thistle, Sow thistle, Dandilion leaves, herb Robert and the sticky bud stuff. I've lined a plastic tub with newspaper and I figured it should last a few days and worse...
  20. B

Filavac or Nobivac first?

Which vaccine would you have first? I was going to do Nobivac first because that's the original vaccine however Charlie is 100% indoors while he is unvaccinated and I don't have wild rabbits in my garden or near by anyway. I'm thinking that VHD and VHD2 are more of a risk so maybe I should...
Back