• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. G

RIP Gladiators

My wonderful gladiators Crixus and Spartacus are now reunited in Rainbow Bridge - Crixus left in April 2023 and Spartacus joined her this week. I wanted to take the opportunity to again thank those of you who helped with their bonding (they had 9 very happy years together) and with Spartacus'...
  2. G

Help - how do you dose your bunnies without having to catch them?

Hi all - just wondered if anyone has any tips for getting liquid meds into bunnies without catching them and using syringe.
  3. G

appetite changes - old age ?

Hi - first time bunny owner - hopefully quick question. My two are now 7 years old and past couple of months have not been eating all their pellets at feeding times . I think this is largely driven by one of them (the male) not being as enthusiastic as normal so the female does not have to...
  4. G

lifespan of rabbits

I have 2 five year old rabbits. When one was at emergency vet recently for stasis (it was a mild attack with fast recovery) he said i should be expecting it at her age implying she was reaching end of life. My bunnies are cross breed - one is lionhead cross, the other is a lop - both are 2.5kg...
  5. G

'nyom nyom' noises - trivial ?

hi - my 5 year old bunny has started making 'chirping type' noises every time he eats pellets - he has made these noises occasionally before (when eating) and i've associated it with happiness when he gets food but they've become a lot more pronounced just this week. He doesn't make them when...
  6. G

newpapers

hi - just wondered if anyone had any tips for sourcing old newspapers for bunny trays ...? thanks
  7. G

science selective natural for stasis prone bunnies ?

Hi all - I have a 5 year old stasis prone bunny (due to digestive issues). He is well managed (no stasis for 2 years plus:) ) through diet recommended by forum experts (hay, grass, limited pellets and herbs) but still often drops caecotrophs. His weight is good so I don't think he is...
  8. G

protexin and fibreplex as preventatives

Hi all .. just wondered if anyone has used protexin or fibreplex as preventative measure on bunnies with GI issues. I have bunny with intermittent (mild) symptoms (post dietary intervention) and wondered if this might keep his microbiome on track and prevent occasionally soft output ... even...
  9. G

Stasis back: Spartacus

Over a year ago I received help for dealing with/preventing stasis in my 3 year old bunny Spartacus. Following advice, his diet is now hay (standard horse hay supplemented with smaller amounts of timothy and oat hay), galens garden forage (leaf/flower mixes), a little dill or parsley, science...
  10. G

bunny rear checks

Hi - I've been reading advice re 2 checks per day during fly strike season and wondered how you all managed this. My 3 year old (rescue) bunnies are compliant once caught but they are clearly stressed by the whole process (pre-catch to post handling) and, out of respect, I limit this to vet...
  11. G

thank you - spartacus 1 year stasis-free

Hi - I just wanted to thank everyone again for helping out with Spartacus' stasis issues last year. I am pleased to report the recommended diet (hay, herbs, limited science select and galen's garden forage) has kept him stasis free for a whole year now. He's back outside and tolerating grass...
  12. G

snugglesafe £11.49 amazon

hi all - in case it helps - snugglesafes at £11.49 (free delivery) in amazon deals today...
  13. G

chewing bark

hi - just a quickie but my 'intermittent stasis' bun Spartacus went out in the rain to chew bark this morning (they are fairweather bunnies and decline the opportunity to free range on grass on wet days) - might this be a sign something's up ? He was eating hay later so no crisis and I'll limit...
  14. G

patches of fur loss on ear

hi - wondered if anyone has any ideas what's causing the two patches of fur loss on spartacus' ear - it's only on one ear and nowhere else on his body. He is fine - no scratching and he's eating and behaving normally. His wingbun has no patches of fur loss. Could it be overgrooming .. or hay...
  15. G

Any idea what caused stasis in my 'bullet proof' bunny ?

My previously invincible 3 year old bunny, crixus, is in the midst of a stasis attack. She has no history of digestive tract-initiated stasis. She is indoors (temporarily), after a month outdoors, so i can monitor her wingbun spartacus (a recurrent stasis bunny), and hopefully reset his caecal...
  16. G

what can i do to help ?

this is promoted by thread re so many bunnies needing homes. my question is ... how could i help more bunnies ? i have outdoor space (for additional shed and run) and could commit to more but how many more is realistic ? would i have to create space for pairs or, accepting i am rookie, could i...
  17. G

best day of the year

Spring has sprung in scotland so the bunnies went back outside today ...cue an afternoon of binkies and bunny 500s.. they are so happy to be out full time again ... i pulled up a chair and watched the show:) it was great having them in for winter ( more contact and interaction for me and...
  18. G

dark urine

Hi - just seeking someone to nip my muchaussen's by proxy in the bud - does this urine look ok ? - it seems very dark to me but I never see what the bunnies do as they use a straw lined litter tray - unless, like today, one of them (he knows who he is!) leans a bit too far over the edge. He...
  19. G

heating for shed

I recall a thread on the forum recently but can't find it again (apologies). I've decided against bringing the bunnies in for winter (they have a more enriched life outdoors) and with this decision made I plan to put power and lighting into the shed in which their overnight hutch is located...
  20. G

catit cabrio £23 amazon (orange)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Catit-Design-Carrier-Airline-Approved/dp/B002RLE13M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479976512&sr=8-1&keywords=catit+cabrio A lot of approval for this one on the forum - not sure if best price ever but good price for now.
Back