• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J

Dirty bottom

Hi All can anyone give any advice on my bun who keeps getting a build up of poo around he bottom. I have to keep cleaning it off with warm water. She has had this previously and it was recommended to me to reduce the amount Excel Burgess pellets that I feed her - which I have. She is otherwise...
  2. J

Bonding Services Required

Hi there can anyone recommend any rabbit bonding services in or Manchester? I have two bonded male/female pairs that I want to bond into a quad if possible. The closest one I have been able to find is Fat Fluffs but this is in Birmingham - a 400 mile round trip!! (their services and website is...
  3. J

Poo sticking to rabbits bottom!

Can anyone give me advice on a build up of poo round my rabbits bottom please. This started about 3 weeks ago where she had a big clump of dried poo round her bottom. I took her to the vets where she had all the fur shaved off round her bottom as it was literally caked on and she was given some...
  4. J

Bonding a quad - stalemate - PLEASE HELP

Hi there I have my two bonded Male / female buns in a 6 x 4 foot run indoors, on neutral territory to start the bonding process of hopefully getting them to a bonded quad. They have been in the run for a day and a half but not really interacting with each other and have dominated half the run...
  5. J

And so the bonding of the quad starts - take two!

[/URL][/IMG]Taken 2 days off work, so got 4 days now with the weekend to get my 2 bonded female / male pairs bonded as a quad. So far it’s a stand off from each pair. As soon as I fathom out how to post photos on here I will put some pics on. Wish me luck!!! Have I give them too much space? It’s...
  6. J

Advice for bonding a quad

Hi there, I have 2 bonded Male / female pairs which I want to have a go bonding into a quad. I did start a few months ago putting them in the bathroom (all 4 of them) for 20 mins at a time then I progressed to putting them in a run outside and a huge fight with all 4 of them broke out! So I have...
  7. J

Bonding Service - North West

Hi, does anyone know of any rabbit bonding services in the north west? In or around Manchester? Thanks
  8. J

Bonding 2 pairs of bonded rabbits

Hi there I have a pair of neutered, bonded rabbits, male and female and I adopted another male/female bonded pair at the weekend. The 2 bonded pairs are currently living separate. The male i adopted is neutered but the not the female, which will be my first job to get done. First question, how...
  9. J

Territorial behaviour outside - but not inside!!

Hi there wonder if anyone can give me any advice on a peculiar situation I have with my buns!!! I have 2 buns, a mini lop, girl (Bluebell) and a lion head, male (Basil). Both neutered. Basil was a rescue rabbit we got in December after Bluebells sister passed away :-( The bonding had its ups and...
  10. J

Deceased bunny and rebonding advice

I had 2 mini lop sisters, who were the best of friends - Bluebell and May. Sadly and very suddenly May was taken from us last week at just 2 years old. The family have all been heartbroken. I now have poor Bluebell on her lonesome in the rabbit shed. I have been spending as much time with her as...
  11. J

Is it best to bond a baby or adult with 2 bonded sisters?

Hi there, I have 2 bonded, neutered, mini lop sisters. I am thinking of getting another rabbit and not sure if its best to get a baby or adult male - either of which would be from a rabbit rescue centre. Any advice of which would be the best to go for?:wave::wave::wave::wave:
  12. J

Free roaming rabbits in the garden?

Hi there - just wanted to put the question out if people let their rabbits freely roam in the garden when you are not in? Our garden is totally secure with fencing all the way round. I was just wondering when it gets a bit warmer if people let their rabbits have the freedom of the garden even...
  13. J

2 female sisters mounting each other!!

I have two 5 month old sisters which I have had since they were 8 weeks old. They both get along fine and were both neutered about 3 weeks ago and have been ok since their op other than they keep mounting each other!! Is this normal? and will they grow out of it? I have read it is about them...
  14. J

Whats the best age to get does spayed?

I have 2 gorgeous sisters which I want to get spayed as soon as I can. However, I have had different advice from 2 different vets. I thought you could get does spayed from 4 months onwards, but I have been told by one vets that they do spay does until at least 6 months old. The second vets I...
  15. J

Do I need to get 11 week old sisters spayed??

I have 2 gorgeous 11 week old sisters, mini lops, which I absolutely adore. They get along very well and are always together in either the hutch or run. My question is will I need to get them spayed to stop them fighting or will they be ok as they have been together since birth? Any advice...
  16. J

Advice on bringing baby bunnies in for the winter!!

Hi - can any one give me some advice please on bringing my 2, 11 week old baby sisters inside for the winter. They are currently outside in a 2 tier hutch which is covered at night by waterproof covering. I am just thinking when it gets really cold and frosty outside would I be better to bring...
Back