• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. BevBunny

Norma - gentle little girl needing a home

Norma is a white lop with pink eyes. She was found sat on the side of the road in the village next to mine. We’ve advertised for her owners but with no luck, & actually suspect she was dumped. Temperament - she’s a very sweet natured gentle girl, happy to be fussed & comes to me whenever I...
  2. BevBunny

Lost/abandoned bunny (let’s call it Norman)

Hi all - I used to be on here all the time many years ago but I’ve not had bunnies for 12 years now since my last 2 died v suddenly a week apart from totally unrelated things. 😥 Well, I need your help & to make sure I’m doing the right thing. My neighbour found a little white lop on the side of...
  3. BevBunny

free 42" dog crate in SE20 if anyone wants it - GONE

:DHi everyone, I had house bunnies for over 10 years and used this forum a lot, it was always such a massive help. Unfortunately my two bunnies died very suddenly just over 2 years ago, just a week apart and from two totally unrelated illnesses (kidney failure, and a congenital spine defect), it...
  4. BevBunny

Wobbly bunny

You might have seen my thread about my bereaved bunny called Darwin, who is now very poorly. He started being a bit poorly yesterday morning, so we went to the vets - his breathing was fast and noisy, he'd stopped eating and was generally lethargic. We are treating him with antibiotics, pain...
  5. BevBunny

Bereavement

Hello everyone, hope you are all well and having a more happy time with your bunnies than I currently am. My little Lavender bunny died very suddenly last Thursday - she was a bit grumpy on Weds evening but still ate and poo'd so I didn't worry too much, by Thurs morning she was hunched in the...
  6. BevBunny

Yay, I made bunny treats.

I mentioned this on another thread a few days ago. Its both of my bunnies birthdays soon (halloween and bonfire night - my boyfriend always chooses dates that I have a hope of remembering!) so I started thinking about what to buy them. They have everything they could possible want, all the toys...
  7. BevBunny

Bunnies and cats being friends (lots of pics)

Hello everyone, ages ago I asked about rabbits being friends with cats as we were thinking about getting two kittens. I got mixed responses from people - some thought we were being stupid, some had tried to do the same with mixed results. No one really seemed confident that it could be done. We...
  8. BevBunny

Female bunny with bruised 'girlie bits'

I have another confusing issue with my little girl bunny, and hoping someone may have had similar experience. A while ago we saw what we thought were dried spots of blood on her blanketed area, I thought she'd got sore hocks again but they looked fine. I put an extra layer of blanket down just...
  9. BevBunny

Brown liquid

Ok, so here I am again with my odd questions. My Lavender bunny is confusing me, she's had poorly hocks for ages - we haven't worked out the exact cause but its something to do with her hips (she's almost 6 and its happened with age). She's been on pain killers/anti inflammatories etc and I've...
  10. BevBunny

Are there diseases that can pass between guinea pigs and bunnies?

I think I might be fostering a guinea pig for a while - to cut a long story short there is a 2 yr old girlie piggy in need of a home very quickly, and I've almost agreed to take her. My plan is to foster her and will do whatever is necessary to rehome her, my local rescue will help me too. My...
  11. BevBunny

When to stop metaclopromide in GI stasis.

Hello everyone, I've been having a few issues with Lavender bunny, she went into stasis on Thursday morning (hunched up, grinding teeth, not eating, no poo), we did of course go straight to the vet. He said he could feel a large hard mass in her tummy, so we put her straight on painkiller...
  12. BevBunny

How much should a bunny drink?

I'm a little concerned that one or both of my bunnies is drinking too much, and obviously I know this could potentially indicate kidney issues. Neither are overweight or ill in any other way (well, except one has sore hock issues). They are big buns (4-5kg french lop and a 3kg large dwarf lop)...
  13. BevBunny

Bunnies learning from each other.

I love the way bunnies learn from each other. Lavender bunny is 5 years old, has lived with me since she was just about 5 months old and she has always absolutely hated being brushed or combed. This evening I was sat on the floor fussing the bunnies and Darwin bunny (Lavenders husbun) is...
  14. BevBunny

Causes of sore hocks?

My little girlie bun Lavender has been suffering with her hocks recently, its since we changed her housing but I think that may just be coincidence. She used to spend the day in a large dog crate (news papers on the floor, wooden shelf and litter tray) with her friend Charlie, and the evenings...
  15. BevBunny

Our new family members (not bunnies tho)

After much searching, we found our furry babies, we passed the 'interview' and we get to bring them home on Thursday this week - I can't wait. :D I've spent the last several weeks getting their room ready so that they've always got their own space, and until they get a bit bigger they'll...
  16. BevBunny

Dominance seems sorted, but the humping goes on - help.

I've always been a bit concerned about Darwin and Lavenders bond, he was still very hormonal when he first came to live with us - they did a lot of humping each other and it was obvious that Lavender wanted to be dominant but Darwin kept humping her anyhow cos he was hormonal. It mostly only...
  17. BevBunny

How much hay?

Its a well known fact that a rabbits diet should be predominantly hay - I've always just fed mine as much hay as they want, and monitored it by their weight ie if they're putting on weight I reduce pellets/veg to encourage more hay eating etc. The vet always says 80% - 90% of their diet should...
  18. BevBunny

Treatment for sore hocks.

Hello, my bunny Lavender has been suffering a bit lately with sore hocks. They've been a bit pink, and I've put fluffy blankets on the carpet in the hope that this helps - they'd been looking a lot better. Until today. :shock: I found spots of blood on the carpet, and her blankets - its from...
  19. BevBunny

Poor Squished Lavender!

I think its in an attempt to both get the best spot by the radiator - Darwin is huge compared to Lavender, but they lay like it for ages!
  20. BevBunny

Darwin and Lavender

Darwin says 'Hello' 'This window is definitely not Darwin sized, I'll soon sort that out' Window sorted, time for a rest with Lavender Maybe a bit of cleaning, and Lavneder looking beautiful. Darwin flopping by the radiator. The lovely Lavender coming to say hello.
Back