• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. booboobunny

Advice needed

Just a bit of advice needed - my 7 year old lop has been off her pellets a bit this morning and laying flat in her hutch instead of moving around her run like normal, so I thought she might have stasis. However, when I’ve opened her run up to free range in the garden she is hopping about like...
  2. booboobunny

How soon to start bonding after a death

I had two male/female pairs of rabbits, which unfortunately has now reduced to one single male and one single female. In early November I lost one of my female rabbits called Florence, leaving her friend Albie on his own. He's been fine and his behaviour didn't really change after he lost Flo...
  3. booboobunny

Advice for newly single bun

I'm just looking for a bit of advice on what to do for my male bun Albie, whose partner Florence died last night. I bonded them myself about two years ago and they really loved each other, so it's been sad today seeing him sitting on his own in their favourite corner of the run. So I'm unsure...
  4. booboobunny

Florence

Just a little post to say goodbye to tiny Florence - nearly 3 years old and so unexpected. She was quite aloof and could be grumpy. But she was so dainty and cute, a bit clumsy, beautiful, loved banana and adored her partner Albie so much She will be very very missed
  5. booboobunny

first time stasis

This morning Albie and Florence didn't eat any pellets so i rushed them into the vets straight away and they were kept there all day on fluids and recovery food. Albie was not moving this morning and his stomach was very round and a bit hard, whereas Florence was moving a bit and nibbled a...
  6. booboobunny

I want another one!

I have 5 rabbits already, but it is so hard to resist getting more! Boo Boo is my favourite breed - a lop, about 2.5kg so fairly chunky and she's super friendly and cuddly. The other 4 rabbits are dwarfs (which I had always said I'd never have but I now have 4! :lol: ). Anyway, I was in a shop...
  7. booboobunny

1 year old today!

Lottie and Ronnie, brother and sister, are 1 today! Although they both enjoy laying in the sun and eating food as quickly as possible, they have very different personalities. Little Lottie is very adventurous and just has no fear. She is also an escape artist who you cannot take your eyes...
  8. booboobunny

Pair acting differently to normal

One of my bonded pairs have been acting a bit weirdly the past couple of days - they've been staying in the little bedroom type area of their hutch ALL day and evening (and I'm assuming most of the night too). My mum first noticed a few days ago that she'd not seen them all day, so we've both...
  9. booboobunny

Introducing Ronnie

Little Ronnie joined the family last week after being bonded with his sister Lottie. Their litter were given to the rescue center, I took Boo Boo for bonding and her and Lottie chose each other. Not long later they had a horrid fight and were separated. So Lottie needed a friend - her brother...
  10. booboobunny

Insurance differences

I'm just looking into rabbit insurance as I'll hopefully be getting a 5th rabbit soon. I can afford vets bills without insurance at the moment but as I'd like to get my own house in the next few years I'd like to avoid any unexpected large costs from now on! But I'm really quite confused - pet...
  11. booboobunny

Small rant about giant rabbits being bred

I don't normally get very annoyed about things like this but recently some young Flemish giants were released into the wild where I live. The local rescue had to go and round them up and have had to find space for them. They found the guy responsible and apparently he breeds Flemish giants and...
  12. booboobunny

Rabbit sizes

I was looking at the back of a bag of rabbit food the other day and it showed a picture of a netherland dwarf as 'small', a Dutch as 'medium' and a New Zealand as 'large' breed. Just out of interest what do you class your bunnies as? I would never have said that a Dutch was a medium sized breed...
  13. booboobunny

Anyone had rabbits teeth removed?

Has anybody had any of their rabbits teeth removed? One of mine has dodgy molars that are growing in all sorts of directions and after her dental this morning the vet suggested possibly having those teeth removed. Would she have to be fed differently etc? It seems like quite a big operation!
  14. booboobunny

Make a trio or get another rabbit?

I've got 4 rabbits at the moment. A m/f pair and two single females. The single females were bonded but they fell out and I've been advised against trying to rebond them as we've been trying to bond one of them for over a year now. So my other single female is alone which I don't want. I was...
  15. booboobunny

Trio bonding - initial set up advice

Last week I brought home Boo Boo with her newly bonded partner Lottie, but the next day they had a couple of big fights which resulted in Lottie having big open wounds on her side and leg. Long story short, after trying to take Lottie back to the local rescue, I've ended up keeping her with the...
  16. booboobunny

Happy First Birthday Albie! (A few pictures)

My handsome little Albie (AKA Albatross) is 1 today! Thought I'd share a few pictures of him just being a little sweetie :) About 6 months ago this tiny little rabbit came home with us, who we thought was a girl, so we called her Betsy. Straight away we booked her in for vaccinations and...
  17. booboobunny

Good bonding vibes needed :)

Need some good bonding vibes for my single female rabbit BooBoo. She is vicious towards all rabbits and all bonding attempts (with about 6 different males over the course of a year) have failed. I took her for one final attempt at the rescue place where this time she decided to choose a new...
  18. booboobunny

Food aggression - but only in hutch

My little bonded pair seem to be very loved up 90% of the time. But the past couple of days Florence has been seriously chasing Albie when I put pellets in their food bowl. He'll start eating and then Florence will come up the ramp and nip him and he'll go hide - then she'll chase him all over...
  19. booboobunny

Researching a better set up for 2 pairs of rabbits- shed questions

I've currently got 3 rabbits- a single female and a bonded pair. Their current set up is not ideal, however it is working for the short term whilst I plan better space for them! I was going to wait until after winter to start doing anything but my local rescue has a few rabbits that could be...
  20. booboobunny

Supplementary Products

What are people's opinions on supplementary diet products? I've never given any to my rabbits but I saw a post about these which got me wondering if they are worth giving or are just a way to get us to spend more money on our buns: https://www.oxbowvetconnect.com/products/natural-science As one...
Back