• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. booboobunny

Advice needed

Just a bit of advice needed - my 7 year old lop has been off her pellets a bit this morning and laying flat in her hutch instead of moving around her run like normal, so I thought she might have stasis. However, when I’ve opened her run up to free range in the garden she is hopping about like...
  2. booboobunny

How soon to start bonding after a death

I had two male/female pairs of rabbits, which unfortunately has now reduced to one single male and one single female. In early November I lost one of my female rabbits called Florence, leaving her friend Albie on his own. He's been fine and his behaviour didn't really change after he lost Flo...
  3. booboobunny

Advice for newly single bun

Not sure why he gets tummy problems - I have other rabbits and they are usually fine, it's always been Flo and Albie who have had issues. I've spent extra time with him today and tucked him away in the shed for the night now so I'll continue to do that. They had one set of vaccinations a couple...
  4. booboobunny

Advice for newly single bun

I'm just looking for a bit of advice on what to do for my male bun Albie, whose partner Florence died last night. I bonded them myself about two years ago and they really loved each other, so it's been sad today seeing him sitting on his own in their favourite corner of the run. So I'm unsure...
  5. booboobunny

Florence

Just a little post to say goodbye to tiny Florence - nearly 3 years old and so unexpected. She was quite aloof and could be grumpy. But she was so dainty and cute, a bit clumsy, beautiful, loved banana and adored her partner Albie so much She will be very very missed
  6. booboobunny

first time stasis

Thankfully she's eaten more pellets, and mum gave her some more fresh ones which she apparently started eating straight away! She's still not moving around as much as normal and laying very flat, but at least she is eating more! Phew! Such small creatures cause such worry don't they!
  7. booboobunny

first time stasis

She did do a little pile of poo over night, about 5 or 6 in her litter tray and she ate a little bit of hay just before I left for work. My mum is going to pop in to check on her in a minute and if all of her pellets area still there then I'll take her back to the vets straight away.
  8. booboobunny

first time stasis

She's a little better, still not really moving very much, but she had eaten a few pellets in the night. Fingers crossed she improves more today
  9. booboobunny

first time stasis

I'm not sure of the name as there isn't a label on the bottle, the emergency vet just gave me it late last night when I ran round there!
  10. booboobunny

first time stasis

Thank you for the kind messages Boo boo is not recovering as quickly as the other two did. She is home with some medicine. She keeps laying down flat on her stomach, which is a little unusual for her as usually likes to have a good explore. I've been given metacam to give her in the morning...
  11. booboobunny

first time stasis

We all went to the vets this morning, Florence and albie came home as they have started eating pellets and hay. Thieves been eating and drinking throughout the day so they seem to be nearly back to normal thank goodness. Boo boo was kept in the vets today on fluids and recovery food, so I'll...
  12. booboobunny

first time stasis

Ha thanks for the link, that will be good to read whilst waiting for the hours to pass. Slight situation change though - one of the other rabbits has also now stopped eating. Rang emergency vets, will also have to regularly feed her recovery food m. Ran over to the vets and was given something...
  13. booboobunny

first time stasis

This morning Albie and Florence didn't eat any pellets so i rushed them into the vets straight away and they were kept there all day on fluids and recovery food. Albie was not moving this morning and his stomach was very round and a bit hard, whereas Florence was moving a bit and nibbled a...
  14. booboobunny

I want another one!

I don't think it would impact my care for the others, but you're right Jacks-Jane - the vaccinations, the neutering, her needing a friend etc is expensive and probably not sensible in the long run. I love the idea of having her, but perhaps in a couple of months time I might regret it when I've...
  15. booboobunny

I want another one!

I mean I do technically have space to house her in the garden, but it's probably nor fair to put her outside on her own now it's coming into colder months really is it. I'm not sure about bonding her with any of the others
  16. booboobunny

I want another one!

I have 5 rabbits already, but it is so hard to resist getting more! Boo Boo is my favourite breed - a lop, about 2.5kg so fairly chunky and she's super friendly and cuddly. The other 4 rabbits are dwarfs (which I had always said I'd never have but I now have 4! :lol: ). Anyway, I was in a shop...
  17. booboobunny

1 year old today!

Lottie and Ronnie, brother and sister, are 1 today! Although they both enjoy laying in the sun and eating food as quickly as possible, they have very different personalities. Little Lottie is very adventurous and just has no fear. She is also an escape artist who you cannot take your eyes...
  18. booboobunny

P@H

Living on an island means there is very little choice for where to buy pet supplies. P@h is the store I normally visit although I really dislike the way the rabbits are housed there. They've got 3 very small boxes with glass fronts and a grid on the top for ventilation at the back of the shop...
  19. booboobunny

Decision has been made....rehoming my 2 French Lops

Aw well done for making a difficult decision. Sorry to hear about your loss. I think you're doing the right thing to rehome the other two. Sometimes you just don't connect with an animal even if they are lovely. I had three rabbits years ago and the female (although died a while ago) is still in...
  20. booboobunny

So - this bond has failed - what shall I do? New rabbit?

I had two bonded girls - they were fine at the rescue but as soon as they came home all hell broke loose and they had a massive fight and I was advised by the vet and the rescue not to try rebonding them. I think females can be super territorial so even if they get on fine away from home when...
Back