• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. MaxAndMolly

Litter training advice please.

Sorry, I know this subject has been done to death, but our problem is quite specific. Teddy and Taylor (male and female) are one year old rescue rabbits. They are neutered and spayed and pretty tame by rabbit standards. They are outdoor rabbits, but come inside a couple of times a week for...
  2. MaxAndMolly

Our rabbits won’t eat hay....advice please

Our previous rabbits, Max and Molly, showed very little interest in hay. We tried different varieties, different places to put it, reducing pellets etc, but nothing made any difference. Luckily they spent a lot of time running free-range in the garden, so they ate plenty of grass and leaves etc...
  3. MaxAndMolly

Hay suppliers - quality and quantity advice

Can anyone offer any advice on hay suppliers for the new bunnies? (One year olds from a rescue centre). They like their hay much more than Max and Molly ever did! We’re considering these two suppliers: https://www.timothyhay.co.uk/products/2016-20kg-of-timothy-hay ... 18kg at £40 seemed...
  4. MaxAndMolly

What does this mean?

I’m really worried about our lovely Molly. I’m not sure if it’s a behavioural issue or health, so I might post this in both sections of the forum. I hope that’s okay. Our beloved Max died last week (8 days ago) 😢 He was only three, and it was really sudden. He was hopping about as usual on...
  5. MaxAndMolly

What does this mean?

I’m really worried about our lovely Molly. I’m not sure if it’s a behavioural issue or health, so I might post this in both sections of the forum. I hope that’s okay. Our beloved Max died last week (8 days ago) 😢 He was only three, and it was really sudden. He was hopping about as usual on...
  6. MaxAndMolly

Wanted: Sadly Max and Molly are now just Molly - need to find her a companion

Max and Molly were a very well bonded pair of Dutch rabbits - 3 and a half years old, and together from birth. With us from three months old. Sadly, Max died on Friday. Very suddenly. Wasn’t quite himself in the morning. But could easily just have been moody. Definitely wasn’t in distress. But...
  7. MaxAndMolly

Cats and kites

Hi. Advice please on risk from predators. Our two have been with us for three years now. We try to give them free runs in the garden at least once a day, for as long as we can semi-supervise them. But in the last couple of months we seem to have gained two cats in the neighbourhood who are...
  8. MaxAndMolly

Kerria?

Any keen gardeners and bunny lovers out there know whether kerria is safe for Max and Molly to eat? I've trimmed ours down to size, and the bunnies were investigating it while having a run round the garden yesterday. But I don't know whether they're the kind of twigs that would be safe for them...
  9. MaxAndMolly

How much hay should they actually eat?

Hello. Max and Molly have a bowl of Burgess Excel every morning, which they polish off during the day. And they get a good bowl of fresh veg type stuff (mixture of our trimmings and stuff just for them). And they get whatever they nibble on when they're running free (depends on their mood...
  10. MaxAndMolly

Litter tray filling question / suggestion

Hi all, We put litter trays in the hutch for Max and Molly a few months back, and they instantly adopted them (clever and very good bunnies!!) At first we lined with paper and then a bit of hay. And that was fine, but a bit messy. Then I tried using the wood pellet type of cat litter from...
  11. MaxAndMolly

Reuniting Max and Molly after her spaying

Hi all. Molly had her operation on Friday (so 4 days ago). She's 7 months old now. Max had his op about 3 months ago. They normally live very happily together. Having gone quiet after his op, he'd started mounting her again a few weeks ago. We had thought he wouldn't have that kind of urge...
  12. MaxAndMolly

Nipping / hopefully not pregnancy!

Hi everyone. Max and Molly have reached 16 weeks. Max is at the vets today being sorted out. (I've just phoned and been told he is fine, and I can collect him at 4pm - so that's all good news). He definitely needed to go. He's been bothering Molly for a couple of weeks now. In the last...
  13. MaxAndMolly

Buck and doe - should we neuter both?

Hi, We're a new bunny owning family. Max and Molly are 8 week old dutch rabbits. They seem very happy together, which is a good start. We know Max will need a visit to the vet - probably at about 16 weeks. We know to look out for behaviour that suggests it is time. That's the easy one...
  14. MaxAndMolly

Bulk buying food vs how long will it keep for

Hi, New bunny owning family. Max and Molly moved in last week. They're 8 weeks old, Dutch rabbits. I'm looking for some advice on quantities and shelf life of food, please. They're on the Burgess Excel Junior pellets at the moment. When they move on to adult pellets, it would be good to...
Back