• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Which 'Xeno' to buy

I have been advised to buy Xeno. I am confused by all the numbers, is it just the strength? Which one should I buy for effectiveness and also best value for money? 50, 200, 450..?
  2. B

Very fat rabbit

I have just had a rabbit dropped off to bond and I have never in my life seen a rabbit so fat! I believe the owner who says she gets no more than an egg cup of pellets a day and no carrots, just greens and lots of exercise, free roam of house and garden when supervised. This rabbit is obese. I...
  3. B

Bonding a female who has had a litter

Is it harder to bond a female who has had a litter?
  4. B

Bonding females :(

I am so mad at myself. So if you don't know I have recently set up a rabbit rescue. It's all going really well on the whole and I did my first bond a few weeks ago with one of my rescues and someone else's bunny and they are now happily in love at their new house! Another adopter fell in...
  5. B

First bond

Hi guys. I am doing my first bond for my new rescue! I am so fascinated with bonding and so excited to get more and more experienced at this. So it's going really well on the whole. I'm bonding one of my rescues with an adopter's rabbit. They are both mini lops, fully vaccinated, one girl...
  6. B

13 rabbit rescue update!

You may remember me from a couple of months back where I rescued 13 neglected rabbits who were being allowed to breed freely. What a massive journey we have been on! I am now set up as a full time rabbit rescue, have a good relationship with a vet who are providing me with discounts and now...
  7. B

Weeping eye causing sore skin and fur loss

Bellatrix has a weeping eye caused by an abscess that is pushing on her tear duct. The abscess is being controlled well by long term penicillin injections. I give her eye drops daily but they seem to make no difference. Her eye is constantly weeping which is now causing fur loss and soreness to...
  8. B

Grooming kit

Hi guys! I have now set up a rescue! It’s very exciting. Thinking of offering a grooming service to get a little extra money in for the rescue. I also have lots of bunnies now in rescue that need grooming! I see lots of conflicting advice on what brushes are best to use. For example some people...
  9. B

Danger of passing nodule myxomatosis?

Hi Guys, I might be boarding a rabbit who has been vaccinated and apparently she has had a severe reaction to her vaccinations, possibly vaccine caused nodule myxomatosis. What does this mean? Does this put any of my other rabbits and rescue rabbits (all vaccinated) at any risk? Thanks!
  10. B

Vaccines

Sorry another vaccine question! If I am rescuing a rabbit and the current owner says that she has been vaccinated by the previous owner but has no proof and cannot contact the original owner is it safe to vaccinate again with the risk that it is already vaccinated?
  11. B

Cheaper vaccines

Does anyone know if I can get prescription for vaccines and inject them myself for cheaper? I’m very frustrated at hearing how much more expensive vaccines are where I live compared to some places. I just want to protect the bunnies but every penny counts at the moment. Just paid for 6 rescue...
  12. B

Worried about a rescue

I have just rescued 2 rabbits who were being advertised as free online. I am so heartbroken that I got to these 2 after the others have gone to god knows where. It was a very difficult situation. The woman didn't have great English and she had no idea about the rabbits, relying on her 6 year...
  13. B

When to spay after a litter?

Blackberry's litter has now turned 8 weeks. Can I spay her anytime from now onwards? She is 8 months old.
  14. B

Pancur or EC test?

This is not regarding one of mine, it's a friend... Does anyone know if there are any serious downsides to giving panacur to a rabbit who hasn't had EC confirmed? Bella (5yr old spayed female) has been drinking excessively for months. Bloods all normal other than slightly low white cell count...
  15. B

Stasis step by step?

All my bunnies are doing ok right now but just wondering for future what people recommend as a straight forward step by step plan to follow at the first sign of suspected stasis to hopefully nip it in the bud? I'd love a simple protocol I can follow to put my mind to rest if it ever happens...
  16. B

Pellets for babies

Sorry it's me again! Having a bad day with my OCD and questioning everything! The babies are starting to get to the bottom of their bag of excel for 1w+. I have a full massive bag of the adult excel that's for Bellatrix who is having about tablespoon a day. Could I put them on to the adult...
  17. B

Vaccination Question!

So I think I'm over complicating the vaccination situation. I am just about to ring round a couple of vets to find the cheapest price to pay for 6 of the rabbits to get fully vaccinated.. Is it normally Nobivac Myxo-RHD given first followed by Filavac? If that is the case I don't understand...
  18. B

Right amounts of calcium

I have heard that too much calcium can be bad for rabbits and can develop urinary issues. I just want to check what is the best thing to do for the 7 rabbits I have at the moment, especially the 5 babies. So for Bellatrix who is 4 years old she should have a wide range of vegetables and...
  19. B

Available Individual: Blackberry

Physical Description- Black medium. Temperament- Absolutely lovely. Really laid back once settled. An amazingly patient and loving mum to 5 babies. Age- 8 months Sex- Female Neuter Status- Unspayed Vaccination Status- Vaccinated Health- Fine Type of home wanted- A rabbit savvy home who would...
  20. B

Broken teeth? :(

One of the younger litter was lying fast asleep on her back and I saw her teeth didn't look right... They're broken. Is this seriously bad news?? Can they just grown out??
Back