• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. moosea

dandy lion update

Happy 1 year ownniversary DandyLion :love:
  2. moosea

Top tens signs that you are addicted to rabbits.....

You turn up at work at least once a week with hay stuck to your clothing. You spend so much time in the fresh veg department of your local supermarket that security follow you regularly Meal plans revolve around things you can peel/ give to your rabbits You can identify rabbit safe plants from...
  3. moosea

dandy lion update

Another little update. Dandylion is now a big part of our family. She has grown into a very beautiful ( I'm biased :P ) , sleek and slightly chubby rabbit - she is on a diet now! She spends her days snoozing in bed while I am at work and then the evenings are playtime with grooming and chasing...
  4. moosea

Stasis recovery

Think we are on way to recovery :D :D :D She was hungry last night - still very wary of food but caught her eating hay and parsley! Things are moving in the poop department too! she's drinking plenty now, and even had a chew on the carpet last night!!! Am still giving gut stimulants and...
  5. moosea

Stasis recovery

She seems brighter today. Her water has gone down more than normal - I suppose because she isn't getting moisture from her food. Still only eating parsley and sporadic at best. She has Metacam and gut stimulants. I didn't want to use a water bowl while I am not around as it is hard to monitor...
  6. moosea

Stasis recovery

Thank you Max. I have read that article .. several times in the last 48 hours! She seems to improve ... then fail again. Still will only eat wet herbs and am syringe feeding every 3 hours. She will drink water - if it is syringed into my hand where she will lick it. She had a dirty bum...
  7. moosea

Stasis recovery

Thank you for responding Jane :)
  8. moosea

Stasis recovery

I'll ring them tomorrow and ask if maybe she could be a day patient? I don't want her left all night without supervision - at home I can sleep in her room with her
  9. moosea

Stasis recovery

her poop out put is erratic - but so is her eating input. Teeth were checked - all looked good. Urine was normal - output decreased at moment but vet aware of this. Vets advised that often the initial cause is not found. I suspect that it was some celery leaves she had on Saturday. She...
  10. moosea

Stasis recovery

How long does it take? Dandy had stasis bad for last two days - have been to vets and got gut stimulants, painkillers and critical care. But she will not eat properly. She eats parsley if hand fed it and small amounts of fresh grass but that is it. Any advice please am worried sick.
  11. moosea

dear rabbit ...

Dear Rabbit, It has been almost 6 months since our lives collided and now that we are more familliar with each other I feel it is time to ammend the house rules ; From now on all soft furnishings, including carpets, curtains and cushions, will be purchased second hand. This will ensure the...
  12. moosea

Help Me Please!!!!!

Hi Roo, Welcome to the forum :) Have you looked at local rabbit rescues near home? If so have you thought about offering to volunteer for them during the holidays? Often parents are worried that you will lose interest in the animal and that they will end up caring for them. Parents want...
  13. moosea

Bruised Gums/ Not Eating/ He's Gone

I'm so sorry xx
  14. moosea

Horse hay for bunnies?

£8 ??? for a small bale??? no way!!!!! There are 2 types of hay Meadow hay - cut from 'normal' fields. May contain weeds and less desirable grasses. Seed Hay - Cut from fields which have been planted specifically for hay production. More expensive as contains no weeds and has chosen types of...
  15. moosea

Horse hay for bunnies?

You'll need somewhere to store the bale. I'm sure that you are talking about large bale hay rather than the regular sized bales. Make sure it smells good - not dusty or mouldy
  16. moosea

what give you the most pleasure from keeping rabbits

The little things .... The way her whiskers feel on my leg when she is trying to creep up on me! Nose bumps. Watching her sleep on my lap so contented and everything else - couldn't imagine life without her now :love:
  17. moosea

, new bunny arriving this morning/ It's Bad/ photos/ UD 18th july

This is sad news and brilliant news all at once ... sad that someone has caused this but brilliant that there is hope for her :D Her ears must be very sore, no wonder she looked so depressed in the first pictures :evil: Love the new name :love: Can't quite believe the change in her eyes...
  18. moosea

, new bunny arriving this morning/ It's Bad/ photos/ UD 18th july

Any update on Biscuit?? Am following her story daily - she looks a cutie and a fighter :love:
  19. moosea

How on earth do you ....

I don't have anyone to hold her but I will enclose her in a smaller area and take my time and be more stubborn than she is ....... (Please refer to the post which I will make in 3 hours time, begging for a glass of wine and saying I've given up for today :lol:)
  20. moosea

How on earth do you ....

groom underneath your rabbits??? Dandylion is a lion head X Dwarf ( so the vet tells me!) She has long fur around her face and around her bum. Face is not a problem and I am 'allowed' to groom this area. Bottom ... NOT allowed to groom! I have been trying to be patient and groom a little...
Back