• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. smallbrownfrog

Spare free chicken coop in london

Hi, I now have a spare chicken coop :) It needs a little work on the roof, but has lots of life in it yet. If any rescues or owners would like to collect it please do get in touch :) I also have one 2 story hutch and a little hutch that I've been using as shelter in the run. :)
  2. smallbrownfrog

Help! Need to re-home my babies but the re-home process isn't working!

Hello, can anyone advise me of what I can do? I have to move to Russia for 6 months in 10 days time, I've mailed the details to SOAD but I don't think it's working somehow. What else can I do? I've rung around a few rescue shelters in London but they aren't taking rabbit at the moment, and my...
  3. smallbrownfrog

looking for a potential flat mate rabbit enthusiast or rabbit fosterer

Hi there, I have to move yet again, and I'm looking around East london. I have 2 rabbits and 2 cats, and I travel away a lot with work. As my career progresses I'm away for months at a time. This time I have struggled. My usual surrogate bunny mum has been restrained by her now fiance, and my...
  4. smallbrownfrog

Pet sitter needed in London

Hello there, I thought it might be worth a shot here rather than taking a gamble on the gumtree... And i thought people on here might be a little better than the woman who was recommended by the vets who left the rabbits with no shelter for 12 days in freezing temperatures... I'm looking for a...
  5. smallbrownfrog

Teritorial rabbit

Harvey is roughly 5, soon after his neutering I introduced him to Bernie, a bossy soilt deva of a bun, who had previously been quite mean to her other 2 male companions. Harvey and Bernie just clicked together instantly, and they lived together close as close can be, until she died earlier this...
  6. smallbrownfrog

Rabbit spay £85!

I don't remember it costing this much last time! :shock: Is this the usual normal cost? Apparently she's fine, just waiting for the say so to pick her up.
  7. smallbrownfrog

Bad vets

As I'm sure you're all aware, it's Rabbit Awareness Week, and lots of vets are doing free health checks. Being new to the area I thought I might check out the only vet that was taking part in this, so off Harvey and I go to the vets. 1hr later we depart, with 6 people in the waiting room...
  8. smallbrownfrog

Spare 2 story hutch in London

I have a spare hutch, would anyone like it? It's certainly not new, but it's in good condition. I can email a pic, I've never figured out how to post pics :s I'd say it's a good size as part of an enclosure or for a house bun maybe. 103cm tall, 44.5cm deep, 80.5cm wide, has a ramp between...
  9. smallbrownfrog

free 2 tier rabbit hutch, pick up only, hackney

Hi there, anyone interested in a free hutch? It's not new, but it's perfectly functional. Would suit a rabbit or guinea pig as part of an enclosure. It's stands at 104cm tall, 81cm wide and 45cm deep, two tiers with ramp in between. Sorry, I can't figure out how to add pics on here!
  10. smallbrownfrog

Holiday home for friendly rabbits.

Hello there, I have 2 rabbits, Harvey (5) and Bernadette (9). i live in London and go abroad regularly with work. I am looking for a safe, secure holiday home with someone knowledgeable and caring to house my bunnies when I go away. Sometimes this is for months at a time! Any tried and...
  11. smallbrownfrog

To Admin..Could I suggest a sticky in this subforum???

Perhaps it would be a good idea to add a step by step guide to bonding buns to this sub forum? There seems to be a large amount of confusion on subjects that get covered over and over again. There is a sticky in another section, but it seems people looking for bonding advice aren't finding it...
  12. smallbrownfrog

Is my 6 year old rabbit elderly?

I have a 6 and a half year old Netherland dwarf. I just read a thread which confused me. I previously considered 6 a grand old age for the little breeds. I have previously had an 8 year old dutch whom everyone considered very old, but someone has just suggested that rabbits regularly reach the...
  13. smallbrownfrog

About to bond my 3 bunnies, and build an even bigger rabbit kingdom!!

Very excited....I'm just back from holiday and waiting for the bunny sitter to return my little Harvey. (his eye has healed with only a little scarring to his cornea!! YAY!!) Once he has settled in again i'm going to begin bonding him with Bernie and Al. Little Al is very old and frail, and...
  14. smallbrownfrog

Help advice..info

Hi all, I have a problem. I am in newzealand, and my rabbit Harvey has another eye infection. He had one before I left and was signed off by the vet before I came away. I have 2 rabbits outside and a cat, so a friend is looking flat-sitting, however, he is not rabbit savvy an is now in the...
  15. smallbrownfrog

Help...advice/experience?

Hi all, I have a problem. I am in newzealand, and my rabbit Harvey has another eye infection. He had one before I left and was signed off by the vet before I came away. I have 2 rabbits outside and a cat, so a friend is looking flat-sitting, however, he is not rabbit savvy an is now in the...
  16. smallbrownfrog

Sore shut eye turns out to be an ulcer

I thought I'd wright this just for reference, I couldn't find anything in the search about the subject. Harvey was exhibiting a sore eye on the 10th. His eye was squeezed shut, his lids pink and the tissue surrounding his eye was swollen. There was no discharge, and he was on Baytril at the...
  17. smallbrownfrog

Eye infection, stupid vet

Hi everyone. I have just been to my vets because my rabbit has an eye infection. I would have waited to see how it goes for a bit before taking him to the vets but he is being quite sullen this morning when normally he's a little devil. He was neutered about 4 days ago and had a small amount of...
  18. smallbrownfrog

I'm having a dilemma...

Ok, what does everyone think...I have a bonded pair outside, and have very recently rescued an amazing little fella who has been inside until now. I am leaving the contry for 5 weeks in 2 1/2 weeks time. I was planning on attempting to bond all three together as soon as the puppy pen arrives...
  19. smallbrownfrog

New rabbit!!

Hello everyone, I just collected a rabbit who was advertised for free on the gumtree. I felt compelled to do something.He was advertised with a £10 reward to take him away by thursday, someone beat me to the punch and got him took the cage and put him straight back on! He is an agouti dutch...
  20. smallbrownfrog

Free Hutch in yorkshire

I have a small hutch which may be useful to a rescue. It is 36'' wide x 18'' high x 27'' deep. It may need a new floor, but i don't think it's more than just sitting it on a new bit of ply. Let me know if you are interested, hutch is currently near harrogate, north yorkshire.
Back