• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Scrappy's Little Helper

the 2023 RU Rabbit Directory ....aka show us your bunnies

Thank you everyone one for your lovely comments on my bunnies and their playroom. I have to admit that the photos were carefully staged: I'd hoovered beforehand and carefully cropped out the ripped wallpaper, gnawed skirting boards and nibbled rug edges! I actually spend a lot of time in their...
  2. Scrappy's Little Helper

Oops sorry! I seem to have posted all the photos twice!
  3. Scrappy's Little Helper

As promised, here are the pics of Fudgie and Scipio. Plus their playroom. Fudgie is the brown and white bun and she's a sprightly 10 years old. Scipio is the slightly larger black and white bun and he is around 2 and a half years old.
  4. Scrappy's Little Helper

Waaaaghhh! It's not my fault 😥 It was only supposed to be for one day but it ended up being a week thanks to frustratingly unreliable fitters. Anyway, it's all done now. I love my jazzy new bedroom, bunnies not so sure. Now I need to do some serious grovelling to the bunnies and get them in a...
  5. Scrappy's Little Helper

A Tui and Froe poem

Ha! That's great! Although, I was also a bit discombobulated by the leaping cello line!
  6. Scrappy's Little Helper

Aww beautiful bunnies ❤❤❤ It's lovely seeing them all again. J&B, I'll try and do a photoshoot with Fudgie and Scipio at the weekend. I really want to show off their playroom as well but I'm currently revamping my own bedroom (including getting the flooring redone) so my bedroom furniture is...
  7. Scrappy's Little Helper

Good girl, Boobly Bear

Oh well done Boo. It's reassuring when an elderly bun at least remains stable with their weight. Has she mellowed enough now not to need a burrito? Glad to hear Eddy didn't get fat shamed! Does he behave himself at the vet?
  8. Scrappy's Little Helper

Could we have some vibes?

I'm so sorry Sophie and Casper are both unwell. I'm sending them both millions of vibes that they are feeling better soon xx
  9. Scrappy's Little Helper

Dealing with loss of our rabbit

I'm very sorry for your loss. The one thing I would add is that you're in the very early, raw days of grief and from my own experience, this is the hardest part emotionally. You're buffeted by the full range of emotions: shock, sadness, anger and confusion. I also spent too much time questioning...
  10. Scrappy's Little Helper

GI stasis advice please

I'm so sorry for your loss. I feel awful for you as you did absolutely everything you could to get Sweep well again and I think there was hope that he was starting to get better. It just makes what happened all the more devastating. Sleep tight little Sweep xx
  11. Scrappy's Little Helper

GI stasis advice please

Hi there I'm sorry to read that Sweep has been unwell. I agree with PP that it's worth speaking to the vet about tapering off the gabapentin as I suspect that is the cause of his lethargy. Some drugs do have a marked sedative effect for some bunnies. One of mine becomes catatonic with...
  12. Scrappy's Little Helper

If I fits I sits

George: Tee hee hee! No one can see me if I hide in the box!
  13. Scrappy's Little Helper

Hay

Not sure if you've tried this one already, but my buns really like the Burgess Meadow hay, available from the Hay Experts. Value for money wise, it isn't as good as the Ings or timothyhay.co.uk hay as it's around £25 for a 4.5 kg box. However it is quite densely packed so it lasts longer than...
  14. Scrappy's Little Helper

Atticus 2/3/17-29/10/23

I'm so sorry you've had to say goodbye to Atticus, graciee. You went above and beyond for him and bought him so much extra time. These first few raw days of grief are always the hardest, so please be gentle with yourself. Sleep tight Atticus xx
  15. Scrappy's Little Helper

Nose bumps

Fudgie doesn't really do nose to fist bumps, although she does sometimes chin my hand when I offer it. She does nose bump my ankles a lot. She'll sometimes make a point of coming over to do it when she enters a room I'm in, which is quite nice. I like to think it's her way of saying hello...
  16. Scrappy's Little Helper

Weird things that annoy your bunnies

They are hairy dictators! I'll be apologising for breathing soon... Oh dear, I hope your confidence wasn't knocked too badly by Joey's reaction to you getting your kit off! Aw bless chilled out Boo. She's clearly a girl who doesn't sweat the small stuff. I can't really blame Eddy for getting...
  17. Scrappy's Little Helper

Weird things that annoy your bunnies

Fudgie and Scipio have some funny quirks. I think I've mentioned this before, but Fudgie gets annoyed if I brush anything. So if I brush anything off my clothes or brush a bit of fluff off the bed, she'll get annoyed and start thumping. I haven't dared bring out my lint brush since her epic...
  18. Scrappy's Little Helper

Whose bunnies turn their apple sticks over?

It's been ages since I got apple sticks for my buns. I'm not sure Scipio's even tried them. I need to rectify that, toot sweet! Fudgie and Snoopy were odd with them though. I'd put a few down and some would be completely stripped bare (both sides) but the others would be left untouched. I guess...
  19. Scrappy's Little Helper

Annual vaccines necessary?

Hi there, Assuming that you're in the UK, then the short answer is that it is absolutely essential that your rabbits get their annual vaccination boosters. The vaccines provide the best protection for your bunnies against myxomatosis and Vhd 1 and vhd 2. No vaccine is ever going to 100%...
  20. Scrappy's Little Helper

Happy Birthday, Casper! =)

Oh no, I missed Casper's birthday! Happy belated birthday to a still very handsome gentlebun xx I hope you're feeling better, Reader xx
Back